Motorists are being advised to avoid a major road where possible after a motorcylist suffered serious head injuries after a collision with a car.
The male motorbike rider was driving along the eastbound A27 between the Dyke Rd and A23 interchanges in Brighton at 3.50pm today.
A Sussex Police spokesman said the motorcyclist received serious head injuries but his condition is not assessed as life threatening.
Two of the three lanes of the eastbound carriageway are closed for a number of hours after the crash and drivers are advised to avoid the eastbound A27 west of the collision if possible.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Former councillor found guilty of attempting to murder his wife who was having an affair with the postman
- Man arrested for attempted murder after knife attack
- Pedophile jailed for 14 years after members of the public set up sting to catch him
- Widow burgled as she buried husband
- Brighton market to change its name after first failed spelling test