Motorists are being advised to avoid a major road where possible after a motorcylist suffered serious head injuries after a collision with a car.
The male motorbike rider was driving along the eastbound A27 between the Dyke Rd and A23 interchanges in Brighton at 3.50pm today.
A Sussex Police spokesman said the motorcyclist received serious head injuries but his condition is not assessed as life threatening.
Two of the three lanes of the eastbound carriageway are closed for a number of hours after the crash and drivers are advised to avoid the eastbound A27 west of the collision if possible.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- A bit of Bondi to Brighton? Plans revealed for new £3 million swimming and leisure hotspot
- Nationalist march in Brighton postponed as EDL switch attention to Oxford after sex abuse scandal
- Brighton woman was so drunk behind the wheel she swerved across the A27 at just 30mph
- One of Brighton's oldest shops could be torn down to make way for entrance to new shopping square
- Missing man's car is found at Beachy Head