Motorists are being advised to avoid a major road where possible after a motorcylist suffered serious head injuries after a collision with a car.
The male motorbike rider was driving along the eastbound A27 between the Dyke Rd and A23 interchanges in Brighton at 3.50pm today.
A Sussex Police spokesman said the motorcyclist received serious head injuries but his condition is not assessed as life threatening.
Two of the three lanes of the eastbound carriageway are closed for a number of hours after the crash and drivers are advised to avoid the eastbound A27 west of the collision if possible.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years
- Polegate councillor appears in court charged with attempted murder of wife
- Councillor in court over attempted murder of his wife
- Families fear Portslade playground has been 'forgotten’ by Brighton and Hove City Councillors
- Firefighters announce four day strike starting next week