Motorists are being advised to avoid a major road where possible after a motorcylist suffered serious head injuries after a collision with a car.
The male motorbike rider was driving along the eastbound A27 between the Dyke Rd and A23 interchanges in Brighton at 3.50pm today.
A Sussex Police spokesman said the motorcyclist received serious head injuries but his condition is not assessed as life threatening.
Two of the three lanes of the eastbound carriageway are closed for a number of hours after the crash and drivers are advised to avoid the eastbound A27 west of the collision if possible.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Man we met at gay nightclub died on our sofa
- Police called as girls, 12, get thrown out of cinema
- UPDATE: Severe delays on all Brighton and Hove bus services
- New ticket scheme confuses commuters at Brighton station
- Man who died in Newhaven lorry crash on Friday named