The life of a mathematical genius is to be marked in a new musical piece by a celebrated pop duo.
The Pet Shop Boys are to use their new orchestral work about St Leonards-raised computer pioneer Alan Turing to call for “tens of thousands of men” imprisoned or fined for committing homosexual acts to be pardoned according to national newspaper reports.
Turing, who was raised and educated in St Leonards, was prosecuted for gross indecency in 1952 and underwent chemical castration rather than go to prison.
He died two years later from cyanide poisoning but was granted a posthumous pardon by the Queen on Christmas Eve last year.
A Man From The Future will be premiered at the Royal Albert hall during the Proms season on July 23.
- Toddler 'could have been killed' by hit-and-run driver
- Pervert admits spying on a woman in swimming pool changing rooms
- Racehorse owner ends 27 years of bad luck and near misses with first win
- Horsebox transformed into portable gin bar
- Schools in Sussex are performing well according to new Government figures