Ten children were taken to hospital after the coach they were travelling in was involved in a high-speed collision.
Emergency services were called to the crash site on the A264 between Crawley and Horsham at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon after a black saloon car flipped over the central reservation and collided with two school minibuses.
Sussex Police spokesman said that the driver of the car and ten children were taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries.
The road was closed for four and a half hours to allow officers to carry out investigations at the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting reference number 1150 or 7/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATED: Man weeps as he tells court how he killed his friend with a wrench
- Work about to begin on a £21m makeover of venues
- Wanted man on run tasered by police after climbing school fence
- Met Office issues new weather warning for heavy fog
- Drivers using their phones at the wheel to be targeted in police crackdown