Ten children were taken to hospital after the coach they were travelling in was involved in a high-speed collision.
Emergency services were called to the crash site on the A264 between Crawley and Horsham at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon after a black saloon car flipped over the central reservation and collided with two school minibuses.
Sussex Police spokesman said that the driver of the car and ten children were taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries.
The road was closed for four and a half hours to allow officers to carry out investigations at the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting reference number 1150 or 7/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Better compensation for beleaguered Southern Railway users promises PM
- Father and son beam with pride moments before tragedy
- Brighton restaurant named one of best in the country
- Lucas: Election needed as government has no mandate to negotiate Brexit
- Brexit star takes swipe at 'attention seeking' Farage