Ten children were taken to hospital after the coach they were travelling in was involved in a high-speed collision.
Emergency services were called to the crash site on the A264 between Crawley and Horsham at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon after a black saloon car flipped over the central reservation and collided with two school minibuses.
Sussex Police spokesman said that the driver of the car and ten children were taken to hospital for treatment for minor injuries.
The road was closed for four and a half hours to allow officers to carry out investigations at the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting reference number 1150 or 7/6.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATED: Man arrested on attempted murder charge after woman stabbed multiple times in Brighton
- Manhunt launched after teenager stabbed multiple times manages to escape her attacker on a nearby bus
- Three men and three boys face court on child sexual exploitation charges
- Spate of dog deaths after owners walked their animals in city parks
- Vulnerable Brighton schoolgirl forced into prostitution after running away from home