A man got into difficulties trying to recover his flip-flop from the sea.
South East Coast Ambulance Service were called to Hastings at 11am this morning after he got into difficulty trying to recover his flip flop from sea but fortunately the man did not need treatment.
Paramedics said the incident highlighted the strength of the tide and undercurrent with other swimmers also reporting difficult swimming conditions.
- Policeman left paralysed after accident while on holiday with young family
- Yummy steak and kidney pie is the best! Sussex farm shop scoops gold at awards ceremony
- Band bans all phones from their secret Brighton gig
- Couple set to break the record for oldest to marry when they tie the knot on his 103rd birthday
- Youngsters dance their way to the top of international contest