A shop has been damaged after fire spread from a wheelie bin.
The convenience shop in Vale Road in Portslade was damaged last night after rubbish was set alight in a bin store at the rear of the property at about 7.30pm.
Four crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended the scene but staff working at the store had already left the building.
Firefighters were on scene for more than two hours but there were no report of any injuries from the incident.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Two motorcyclists killed in crash with Range Rover
- Tour of Britain organisers promise the race will return to Sussex
- Bin lorry drivers' industrial action could last months
- Teenager spared jail for role in "road race" deaths
- Head must quit school he saved because he's not Roman Catholic