A shop has been damaged after fire spread from a wheelie bin.
The convenience shop in Vale Road in Portslade was damaged last night after rubbish was set alight in a bin store at the rear of the property at about 7.30pm.
Four crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended the scene but staff working at the store had already left the building.
Firefighters were on scene for more than two hours but there were no report of any injuries from the incident.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Delays and cancellations on the buses expected until the early evening in Brighton and Hove