A shop has been damaged after fire spread from a wheelie bin.
The convenience shop in Vale Road in Portslade was damaged last night after rubbish was set alight in a bin store at the rear of the property at about 7.30pm.
Four crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended the scene but staff working at the store had already left the building.
Firefighters were on scene for more than two hours but there were no report of any injuries from the incident.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATED: Teenager jailed after making thousands selling fake Bestival tickets
- Man in court over deaths of two women five years apart
- Pervert admits spying on woman in swimming pool changing rooms
- Tax to rise by £5 to pay for more police officers
- Missing boy, 7, who ran off from school found 'safe and well'