A shop has been damaged after fire spread from a wheelie bin.
The convenience shop in Vale Road in Portslade was damaged last night after rubbish was set alight in a bin store at the rear of the property at about 7.30pm.
Four crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended the scene but staff working at the store had already left the building.
Firefighters were on scene for more than two hours but there were no report of any injuries from the incident.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATE: Pair of "soulmates" and friend still fighting for lives after late night crash
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist seriously injured in hit and run three vehicle crash
- Scam gang conned elderly out of £250k
- Ten things to do in Sussex this weekend
- Builders divert Victorian sewer pipe under i360 site