A shop has been damaged after fire spread from a wheelie bin.
The convenience shop in Vale Road in Portslade was damaged last night after rubbish was set alight in a bin store at the rear of the property at about 7.30pm.
Four crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended the scene but staff working at the store had already left the building.
Firefighters were on scene for more than two hours but there were no report of any injuries from the incident.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Teenager raped on seafront
- Car crashes into tree – emergency services on the scene
- After effects of Hurricane Gonzalo set to sweep through Sussex
- Cyclist left with head injuries after crash with bus
- Train bosses ordered to keep the noise down