A shop has been damaged after fire spread from a wheelie bin.
The convenience shop in Vale Road in Portslade was damaged last night after rubbish was set alight in a bin store at the rear of the property at about 7.30pm.
Four crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended the scene but staff working at the store had already left the building.
Firefighters were on scene for more than two hours but there were no report of any injuries from the incident.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Policeman left paralysed after accident while on holiday with young family
- Yummy steak and kidney pie is the best! Sussex farm shop scoops gold at awards ceremony
- Band bans all phones from their secret Brighton gig
- Couple set to break the record for oldest to marry when they tie the knot on his 103rd birthday
- Youngsters dance their way to the top of international contest