A yacht was towed to safety after breaking down at sea.
The boat had got into difficulties six miles south west of Shoreham at about 7.30am yesterday.
However, when the Shoreham RNLI lifeboat reached the scene there was no sign of the boat.
The crew eventually found the yacht with one person on board, 12 miles off the coast.
The boat had broken rigging and mechanical failure and was brought back to harbour.
- A Snowdog for little Niamh and a staggering £337,000 for The Martlets
- Calls for the end of weekly bin collections to save money and boost recycling
- Rag 'n' Bone man named winner of Brits' critics' choice award
- Lessons 'have not been learned' despite the Marlie Farm tragedy
- Teenage riding star killed in head on car crash