A yacht was towed to safety after breaking down at sea.
The boat had got into difficulties six miles south west of Shoreham at about 7.30am yesterday.
However, when the Shoreham RNLI lifeboat reached the scene there was no sign of the boat.
The crew eventually found the yacht with one person on board, 12 miles off the coast.
The boat had broken rigging and mechanical failure and was brought back to harbour.
- Prolific conman on the run after allegedly defrauding lover of £850,000
- Call for greater police presence to stop neighbourhood being turned into "no-go area"
- Department of Health: ‘Allegations of illegally operating ambulances are very serious and need to be investigated’
- Bar explosion: 'We don't know why anyone would want to do this. Thankfully no-one was hurt'
- Ex-homeless entrepreneur's rags to riches story