A yacht was towed to safety after breaking down at sea.
The boat had got into difficulties six miles south west of Shoreham at about 7.30am yesterday.
However, when the Shoreham RNLI lifeboat reached the scene there was no sign of the boat.
The crew eventually found the yacht with one person on board, 12 miles off the coast.
The boat had broken rigging and mechanical failure and was brought back to harbour.
- Two pupils excluded after classmates alert teachers they had knives in their bags
- Slice of Brighton's prime real estate goes on the market for "just" £50m
- Fresh hope in fight to save 145-year-old Brighton pub from development into flats
- Family claim police officers just sat and watched as 19 traveller vehicles moved on to park
- £250,000 to be spent on five police drones - but purchase sparks privacy concerns