A hunt has been launched for a man missing from a mental health unit.
Douglas Herr, 42, was last seen on Monday at 9pm by staff at Meadowfield Hospital in Arundel Road, Worthing where he was an inpatient.
Mr Herr, who is from the US, had been visiting London before he was detained under the Mental Health Act after he became agitated at Gatwick Airport while preparing to board a flight to Amsterdam.
He was moved to Meadowfield on June 5 to be assessed and monitored but disappeared earlier this week.
PC Heather Mackay said: "Douglas has never posed a risk to people but we are concerned for his safety.
"He does not know Sussex, has no money on him and has nowhere to stay.
"Douglas is an avid reader so it is possible that he may go to libraries in the area to sit quietly on his own.
"We would like to speak to anyone who has seen him or could know where he is so we can make sure Douglas is ok."
Mr Herr is white, 6ft and slim with short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue zipped hooded top, dark trousers and navy blue trainers.
Anyone who has seen him or knows where he is should call 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting serial 1519 of 16/6.
- Three masked men burst into student house, threaten them and steal their laptops, phones and money
- UPDATE: Squat stabbings - suspects released on bail
- West Pier revival is back on the agenda
- Builder still in critical condition after 20 ft fall from Stanmer Park building site
- 01273 customers ready for the dialling code shake-up