Football fans behaved themselves in Sussex despite England’s devastating World Cup loss.
Sussex Police are reporting that there were no arrests in the county related to the match on Thursday night and the event passed off without reports of any significant incidents.
Extra officers in West Sussex on duty in anticipation of any World Cup incidents related to the match were instead deployed to carry out planned simultaneous arrests of three local men suspected of recent burglaries.
The men, two aged 29 and one aged 27 from the Ashington area, were arrested on suspicion of two burglaries at the end of May.
Garden equipment was taken from a shed in Warnham and one at a house under construction in West Chiltington where buildiing materials were taken.
The trio were interviewed they were released on bail until July 8.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATED: Man arrested on murder charge after woman stabbed multiple times in Brighton
- Manhunt launched after teenager stabbed multiple times manages to escape her attacker on a nearby bus
- Three men and three boys face court on child sexual exploitation charges
- Spate of dog deaths after owners walked their animals in city parks
- Vulnerable Brighton schoolgirl forced into prostitution after running away from home