Football fans behaved themselves in Sussex despite England’s devastating World Cup loss.
Sussex Police are reporting that there were no arrests in the county related to the match on Thursday night and the event passed off without reports of any significant incidents.
Extra officers in West Sussex on duty in anticipation of any World Cup incidents related to the match were instead deployed to carry out planned simultaneous arrests of three local men suspected of recent burglaries.
The men, two aged 29 and one aged 27 from the Ashington area, were arrested on suspicion of two burglaries at the end of May.
Garden equipment was taken from a shed in Warnham and one at a house under construction in West Chiltington where buildiing materials were taken.
The trio were interviewed they were released on bail until July 8.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Detectives investigating the murder of Mark Manning search Worthing lake and park
- TV presenter Dan Hill lauded as Britain’s most indulgent parent but mother of his two other children claims he owes her thousands
- Residents noise complaints about Brighton's Open Market force stallholders to shelve 7am opening time
- Brighton and Hove City Council accused of laying down a "welcome mat" for travellers
- The changing room thief caught after victim turns detective to track him down using iPhone app