Football fans behaved themselves in Sussex despite England’s devastating World Cup loss.
Sussex Police are reporting that there were no arrests in the county related to the match on Thursday night and the event passed off without reports of any significant incidents.
Extra officers in West Sussex on duty in anticipation of any World Cup incidents related to the match were instead deployed to carry out planned simultaneous arrests of three local men suspected of recent burglaries.
The men, two aged 29 and one aged 27 from the Ashington area, were arrested on suspicion of two burglaries at the end of May.
Garden equipment was taken from a shed in Warnham and one at a house under construction in West Chiltington where buildiing materials were taken.
The trio were interviewed they were released on bail until July 8.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Paca head James Fox fired after investigation into student registration
- Tributes paid to pair, aged 21 and 22, killed in horror BMW smash
- Five-year-old girl knocked down by car dies in hospital
- Motorcyclist trapped under car in crash in Eastern Road, Brighton
- Disabled man threatened with arrest after handing out food to the homeless in Brighton