Police have confirmed that a man thought to be on the run from an open prison is no longer wanted.
Sussex Police published an appeal for help in finding convicted armed robber Christopher Street who left Ford Prison in 2001 in an appeal last week.
Further checks however have revealed that the 62-year-old is no longer wanted after absconding 13 years ago, he handed himself in and subsequently completed his sentence.
The force added that a dedicated unit has been set up to review absconders from the open prison near Arundel with 25 offenders arrested since November.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- A bit of Bondi to Brighton? Plans revealed for new £3 million swimming and leisure hotspot
- Nationalist march in Brighton postponed as EDL switch attention to Oxford after sex abuse scandal
- Brighton woman was so drunk behind the wheel she swerved across the A27 at just 30mph
- One of Brighton's oldest shops could be torn down to make way for entrance to new shopping square
- Missing man's car is found at Beachy Head