Police have confirmed that a man thought to be on the run from an open prison is no longer wanted.
Sussex Police published an appeal for help in finding convicted armed robber Christopher Street who left Ford Prison in 2001 in an appeal last week.
Further checks however have revealed that the 62-year-old is no longer wanted after absconding 13 years ago, he handed himself in and subsequently completed his sentence.
The force added that a dedicated unit has been set up to review absconders from the open prison near Arundel with 25 offenders arrested since November.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Pupil, 15, arrested for possession of class A and B drugs on Hove secondary school grounds
- 'I've done nothing wrong' insists Hove man at centre of football scandal
- ‘I cannot believe murderer is on the run yet again’
- Get ready for new police drama The Level set in Brighton
- £1000 of dangerous fireworks stolen from secure warehouse