Police have confirmed that a man thought to be on the run from an open prison is no longer wanted.
Sussex Police published an appeal for help in finding convicted armed robber Christopher Street who left Ford Prison in 2001 in an appeal last week.
Further checks however have revealed that the 62-year-old is no longer wanted after absconding 13 years ago, he handed himself in and subsequently completed his sentence.
The force added that a dedicated unit has been set up to review absconders from the open prison near Arundel with 25 offenders arrested since November.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Father cheats death as roof caves in around him
- Argus celebrates its part in community’s history
- Hospital admits fault over deadly bacteria
- Sussex weather and tides: What we should expect on Tuesday March 31
- 9 things to do in Brighton, Hove and Sussex - Tuesday March 31