Police have confirmed that a man thought to be on the run from an open prison is no longer wanted.
Sussex Police published an appeal for help in finding convicted armed robber Christopher Street who left Ford Prison in 2001 in an appeal last week.
Further checks however have revealed that the 62-year-old is no longer wanted after absconding 13 years ago, he handed himself in and subsequently completed his sentence.
The force added that a dedicated unit has been set up to review absconders from the open prison near Arundel with 25 offenders arrested since November.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Minister announces he will step down at general election to "make way for younger candidate"
- Dreaming of a white February
- Well known Hove jewellers close after 57 years in business
- Roadworks on one of Sussex's busiest roads to close lanes and see speed limit drop to 40mph
- Snow alert: Six of the best pictures as the white stuff falls in Sussex again