A woman has been seriously injured following a two car crash.
The woman was freed from her car by firefighters following a two car crash in Balcombe Road in Horley near to Gatwick Airport at 7.15pm last night.
A 45-year-old woman from Horley was taken to St George’s Hospital in London by ambulance and is described as being in a critical condition with head and body injuries.
A second woman, a 50-year old Crawley Down woman, was found lying on the roadside verge after the crash and was treated by paramedics before being taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton to be treated for facial and back injuries..
Fire crews from Crawley attended the scene for more than an hour and the accident caused the road to be closed in both directions.
Sussex Police are asking anyone who saw what happened to contact them via 101 or email email@example.com quoting Operation Shilton.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Man's body recovered from Brighton beach near the i360
- Twenty six hours and counting - police locked in stand off with suspected gunman aged 72
- Father blames council over his sons’ deaths
- Agony for bride-to-be after freak accident involving remote-control car
- Young man found dead in house - police say circumstances are unexplained