A woman has been seriously injured following a two car crash.
The woman was freed from her car by firefighters following a two car crash in Balcombe Road in Horley near to Gatwick Airport at 7.15pm last night.
A 45-year-old woman from Horley was taken to St George’s Hospital in London by ambulance and is described as being in a critical condition with head and body injuries.
A second woman, a 50-year old Crawley Down woman, was found lying on the roadside verge after the crash and was treated by paramedics before being taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton to be treated for facial and back injuries..
Fire crews from Crawley attended the scene for more than an hour and the accident caused the road to be closed in both directions.
Sussex Police are asking anyone who saw what happened to contact them via 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Operation Shilton.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATE: Two young men dead after car crashes into tree in Handcross
- Travellers on Hove Park: "We need a site for Christmas"
- Disruption on the trains following overrunning engineering work
- Argus posters inspire charity calendar
- Economic growth in Brighton and Hove outstrips the rest of the country