A woman has been seriously injured following a two car crash.
The woman was freed from her car by firefighters following a two car crash in Balcombe Road in Horley near to Gatwick Airport at 7.15pm last night.
A 45-year-old woman from Horley was taken to St George’s Hospital in London by ambulance and is described as being in a critical condition with head and body injuries.
A second woman, a 50-year old Crawley Down woman, was found lying on the roadside verge after the crash and was treated by paramedics before being taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton to be treated for facial and back injuries..
Fire crews from Crawley attended the scene for more than an hour and the accident caused the road to be closed in both directions.
Sussex Police are asking anyone who saw what happened to contact them via 101 or email email@example.com quoting Operation Shilton.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Albion promotion could be worth £290m if they stay up
- Blue and white army make final preparations for £170 million game
- Don Luck murder accused 'suffering symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia'
- Fatboy Slim hosts school assembly as children put finishing touches to costumes and sculptures for the Children's Parade
- Thousands of patients harmed by mistakes made in hospitals across Sussex