The ArgusMan arrested after shots fired from window in city centre (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Man arrested after shots fired from window in city centre

The Argus: Police at the scene last night Police at the scene last night

Part of a city centre was sealed off after a man started firing shots from a window.

Sussex Police were called to William Sutton House in Tichborne Street, Brighton, shortly after 10pm last night.

The man had been firing an air rifle from the window at the back of one of one of the flats and was refusing to come out.

Nobody else was in the flat at the time.

Armed police were called to the scene and the area was cordoned off .

Trained police negotiators talked to the man but he remained in the building.

Officers forced their way in at 2.40am this morning and tasered the man before arresting him.

No shots were fired during the arrest.

Nobody was injured during the incident and the shots that were fired did not hit anyone.

Police recovered two air rifles in the flat.

The 50-year old man was arrested on suspicion of possession a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence and is currently in custody for interview and further enquiries.

One witness said: “There seemed to be armed units everywhere and a large area was cordoned off.

“I was called by a friend who lives nearby and he said they had been told by police not to go out.”

Residents in nearby properties who were trying to get home during the incident had to be escorted to their houses back by police.

None of the surrounding buildings were evacuated and its is believed the shots were not being aimed at any particular place or person.

 

 

 

Comments (71)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:34pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

Idiot. Exactly what Tasers were invented for. Very much hope it hurt a lot and that this non-entity goes to prison for a very long time...
Idiot. Exactly what Tasers were invented for. Very much hope it hurt a lot and that this non-entity goes to prison for a very long time... Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: 26

3:19pm Sat 12 Jul 14

sussexram40 says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Idiot. Exactly what Tasers were invented for. Very much hope it hurt a lot and that this non-entity goes to prison for a very long time...
He didn't injure anyone. Dont see why he would go inside for a very long time. 1 to 2 years would be my guess.
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Idiot. Exactly what Tasers were invented for. Very much hope it hurt a lot and that this non-entity goes to prison for a very long time...[/p][/quote]He didn't injure anyone. Dont see why he would go inside for a very long time. 1 to 2 years would be my guess. sussexram40
  • Score: -14

3:27pm Sat 12 Jul 14

tykemison says...

sussexram40 wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Idiot. Exactly what Tasers were invented for. Very much hope it hurt a lot and that this non-entity goes to prison for a very long time...
He didn't injure anyone. Dont see why he would go inside for a very long time. 1 to 2 years would be my guess.
Voice of reason, , considering time and non-threatening actions, feel mental health is the real issue here and yet institutions closing left right and centre, God help us.
[quote][p][bold]sussexram40[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Idiot. Exactly what Tasers were invented for. Very much hope it hurt a lot and that this non-entity goes to prison for a very long time...[/p][/quote]He didn't injure anyone. Dont see why he would go inside for a very long time. 1 to 2 years would be my guess.[/p][/quote]Voice of reason, , considering time and non-threatening actions, feel mental health is the real issue here and yet institutions closing left right and centre, God help us. tykemison
  • Score: 34

7:25pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.


Just look at the bim school!

Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually."

On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly.


This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH!

But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?!

Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live.


The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems.



IDIOTS!!!!!!
Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. Just look at the bim school! Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually." On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly. This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH! But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?! Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live. The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems. IDIOTS!!!!!! Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -27

7:27pm Sat 12 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.


Just look at the bim school!

Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually."

On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly.


This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH!

But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?!

Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live.


The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems.



IDIOTS!!!!!!
So you've been released from custody....any charges?
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. Just look at the bim school! Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually." On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly. This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH! But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?! Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live. The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems. IDIOTS!!!!!![/p][/quote]So you've been released from custody....any charges? stevo!!
  • Score: 11

7:35pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Stevo two words dear boy, & do read them carefully:


YOUR



MOTHER
Stevo two words dear boy, & do read them carefully: YOUR MOTHER Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -10

7:45pm Sat 12 Jul 14

IratusFurcifer says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.


Just look at the bim school!

Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually."

On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly.


This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH!

But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?!

Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live.


The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems.



IDIOTS!!!!!!
"mind numbingly childish to judge"
Wow did you read your post? Seems you have done more judging in one post than all put together.
Massive overreaction by the way.
You might want to tone down the crazy a bit and maybe you would find people in 'Brighton' are more pleasant to be around in response to this.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. Just look at the bim school! Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually." On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly. This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH! But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?! Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live. The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems. IDIOTS!!!!!![/p][/quote]"mind numbingly childish to judge" Wow did you read your post? Seems you have done more judging in one post than all put together. Massive overreaction by the way. You might want to tone down the crazy a bit and maybe you would find people in 'Brighton' are more pleasant to be around in response to this. IratusFurcifer
  • Score: 14

7:59pm Sat 12 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Stevo two words dear boy, & do read them carefully:


YOUR



MOTHER
So you're deranged, which is why you fired those shots.

Are they offering practical help with your problems
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Stevo two words dear boy, & do read them carefully: YOUR MOTHER[/p][/quote]So you're deranged, which is why you fired those shots. Are they offering practical help with your problems stevo!!
  • Score: 2

8:05pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

I do not live in Brighton.

Thank GOD.


I just KNOW Brighton as i have family here.

Dyke road actually.

Not that that should matter.

Call me crazy call me what ever you Like. Im just a posh ugly git. Makes no bones to me. I take offence only as someone here implied that this perpetrator was " scum & on " the dole."

As if to imply that all people who are on benefits are therefore scum & capable of this sort of thing.

What kind faulty logic is that?!

Completely normal for Brighton I'm afraid.

such logic can hardly be found in London or other such cosmopolitan areas in England.

Its fine to be gay in Brighton.

Its fine to be white & middle class in Brighton.
.
But as soon as you are a person of colour or God forbid, live on a council estate or are on " the dole" You are an outcast in Brighton.

& in the minds of the " sheeple" of Brighton, capable of anything.

Fact.
I do not live in Brighton. Thank GOD. I just KNOW Brighton as i have family here. Dyke road actually. Not that that should matter. Call me crazy call me what ever you Like. Im just a posh ugly git. Makes no bones to me. I take offence only as someone here implied that this perpetrator was " scum & on " the dole." As if to imply that all people who are on benefits are therefore scum & capable of this sort of thing. What kind faulty logic is that?! Completely normal for Brighton I'm afraid. such logic can hardly be found in London or other such cosmopolitan areas in England. Its fine to be gay in Brighton. Its fine to be white & middle class in Brighton. . But as soon as you are a person of colour or God forbid, live on a council estate or are on " the dole" You are an outcast in Brighton. & in the minds of the " sheeple" of Brighton, capable of anything. Fact. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -8

8:22pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Patsyr says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.


Just look at the bim school!

Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually."

On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly.


This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH!

But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?!

Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live.


The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems.



IDIOTS!!!!!!
And you are saying what exactly?

Brighton is not full of people with a few quid. Yes some do but a lot do not.
So if I venture to London ( actually I do each weekday) I will not see anyone judgemental? How lovely, no one to be critical? How perfect Londoners must be.

f you took one way ticket to London Uglyposhgit you might find out that you are talking through your a***
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. Just look at the bim school! Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually." On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly. This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH! But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?! Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live. The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems. IDIOTS!!!!!![/p][/quote]And you are saying what exactly? Brighton is not full of people with a few quid. Yes some do but a lot do not. So if I venture to London ( actually I do each weekday) I will not see anyone judgemental? How lovely, no one to be critical? How perfect Londoners must be. f you took one way ticket to London Uglyposhgit you might find out that you are talking through your a*** Patsyr
  • Score: 14

8:23pm Sat 12 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

"live on a council estate or are on " the dole" You are an outcast in Brighton."

You've described the UAF, who appear to be very welcome in Brighton. Even the MP supports them, mainly because she needs the votes and hates the English.
"live on a council estate or are on " the dole" You are an outcast in Brighton." You've described the UAF, who appear to be very welcome in Brighton. Even the MP supports them, mainly because she needs the votes and hates the English. stevo!!
  • Score: -2

8:26pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Did i stevo? Really!?!

What an idiot you are. But i sholuld not except much more,

This IS Brighton after all.

I know of that man. I have a dear friend in that block of flats actually,

Trust me the shooter will not be out of jail for a good while.

Obviously.


You see Stevo, deranged means to be insane.

So by calling me " mad" you feel that you can silence & diminish the fact that i am trying to stand up for the many marginalised people in Brighton: the black people, the minorities & the people living on council estates?

Or even the people sitting on the bentches in new road?

You will have to do much better than that im afraid Stevo.
Did i stevo? Really!?! What an idiot you are. But i sholuld not except much more, This IS Brighton after all. I know of that man. I have a dear friend in that block of flats actually, Trust me the shooter will not be out of jail for a good while. Obviously. You see Stevo, deranged means to be insane. So by calling me " mad" you feel that you can silence & diminish the fact that i am trying to stand up for the many marginalised people in Brighton: the black people, the minorities & the people living on council estates? Or even the people sitting on the bentches in new road? You will have to do much better than that im afraid Stevo. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -3

8:29pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Patsyr says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
I do not live in Brighton.

Thank GOD.


I just KNOW Brighton as i have family here.

Dyke road actually.

Not that that should matter.

Call me crazy call me what ever you Like. Im just a posh ugly git. Makes no bones to me. I take offence only as someone here implied that this perpetrator was " scum & on " the dole."

As if to imply that all people who are on benefits are therefore scum & capable of this sort of thing.

What kind faulty logic is that?!

Completely normal for Brighton I'm afraid.

such logic can hardly be found in London or other such cosmopolitan areas in England.

Its fine to be gay in Brighton.

Its fine to be white & middle class in Brighton.
.
But as soon as you are a person of colour or God forbid, live on a council estate or are on " the dole" You are an outcast in Brighton.

& in the minds of the " sheeple" of Brighton, capable of anything.

Fact.
If you are "posh" whatever that means then I am surprised that your family are not living in Dyke Road Avenue.

You do make very sweeping statements about anyone you disagree with.

Chances are that the person this article is about is unemployed, on benefits and living in social housing. Look at the FACTS Uglyposhstupidgit.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: I do not live in Brighton. Thank GOD. I just KNOW Brighton as i have family here. Dyke road actually. Not that that should matter. Call me crazy call me what ever you Like. Im just a posh ugly git. Makes no bones to me. I take offence only as someone here implied that this perpetrator was " scum & on " the dole." As if to imply that all people who are on benefits are therefore scum & capable of this sort of thing. What kind faulty logic is that?! Completely normal for Brighton I'm afraid. such logic can hardly be found in London or other such cosmopolitan areas in England. Its fine to be gay in Brighton. Its fine to be white & middle class in Brighton. . But as soon as you are a person of colour or God forbid, live on a council estate or are on " the dole" You are an outcast in Brighton. & in the minds of the " sheeple" of Brighton, capable of anything. Fact.[/p][/quote]If you are "posh" whatever that means then I am surprised that your family are not living in Dyke Road Avenue. You do make very sweeping statements about anyone you disagree with. Chances are that the person this article is about is unemployed, on benefits and living in social housing. Look at the FACTS Uglyposhstupidgit. Patsyr
  • Score: 12

8:39pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Patsyr why are you swearing?

I am not swearing.


Use your words dear.


No london is not perfect obviously!

But compared to here there is as much tolerance for the poor or minorities or people of colour as Brighton has for its gay community.

I do go to london often thank you yes.

I have a home there too, thankfully.


I have a dear friend who has an iq way above average, is a science writer & has a maths degree. She married & divorced badly so now lives on a council estate in Brighton.

You know she doesn't dare mention where she lives on an evening out in Brighton as people from Brighton actively move away from her.

& she is probably at lest 10 times brighter than they!

Where i come from in London it is a bag of honour to " come from" a council estate.


Fact.
Patsyr why are you swearing? I am not swearing. Use your words dear. No london is not perfect obviously! But compared to here there is as much tolerance for the poor or minorities or people of colour as Brighton has for its gay community. I do go to london often thank you yes. I have a home there too, thankfully. I have a dear friend who has an iq way above average, is a science writer & has a maths degree. She married & divorced badly so now lives on a council estate in Brighton. You know she doesn't dare mention where she lives on an evening out in Brighton as people from Brighton actively move away from her. & she is probably at lest 10 times brighter than they! Where i come from in London it is a bag of honour to " come from" a council estate. Fact. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -12

8:39pm Sat 12 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Did i stevo? Really!?!

What an idiot you are. But i sholuld not except much more,

This IS Brighton after all.

I know of that man. I have a dear friend in that block of flats actually,

Trust me the shooter will not be out of jail for a good while.

Obviously.


You see Stevo, deranged means to be insane.

So by calling me " mad" you feel that you can silence & diminish the fact that i am trying to stand up for the many marginalised people in Brighton: the black people, the minorities & the people living on council estates?

Or even the people sitting on the bentches in new road?

You will have to do much better than that im afraid Stevo.
I have made no attempt to silence anyone.

I realised that you are insane when you explained an earlier comment by stating 'your mother'.

I took your apparent inside knowledge of the shooter to mean that you were he.

I do hope you run out of glue shortly.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Did i stevo? Really!?! What an idiot you are. But i sholuld not except much more, This IS Brighton after all. I know of that man. I have a dear friend in that block of flats actually, Trust me the shooter will not be out of jail for a good while. Obviously. You see Stevo, deranged means to be insane. So by calling me " mad" you feel that you can silence & diminish the fact that i am trying to stand up for the many marginalised people in Brighton: the black people, the minorities & the people living on council estates? Or even the people sitting on the bentches in new road? You will have to do much better than that im afraid Stevo.[/p][/quote]I have made no attempt to silence anyone. I realised that you are insane when you explained an earlier comment by stating 'your mother'. I took your apparent inside knowledge of the shooter to mean that you were he. I do hope you run out of glue shortly. stevo!!
  • Score: 3

8:50pm Sat 12 Jul 14

IratusFurcifer says...

The "marginalised people in Brighton" must be really thankful for such an upstanding member of the community as yourself to be representing them! Well done you! Nobel peace prize heading your way uglyposhgit.........
or shall we call you Sir Uglyposhgit........k
nighted for his specialist work and dedication within the local community where all others so abysmally failed......
We bow in your presence.....adieu adieu.....
The "marginalised people in Brighton" must be really thankful for such an upstanding member of the community as yourself to be representing them! Well done you! Nobel peace prize heading your way uglyposhgit......... or shall we call you Sir Uglyposhgit........k nighted for his specialist work and dedication within the local community where all others so abysmally failed...... We bow in your presence.....adieu adieu..... IratusFurcifer
  • Score: 1

8:50pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Yes of course stevo.

Patsyer obviously i am not going to say the exact road on which my family live?

But yes it is one of the most expensive roads in hove.

Not that that matters as i have said.


The shooter was probably on some kind of drug. I can only imagine.

I do vulntary work with my church for the homeless in Brighton so after speaking to my homeless friends today i do know that there are a lot strange drugs going around at the moment.

But of course, when people from " hove actually" or the middle class of Brighton do drugs all night at the weekedend it is comeplately fine & acceptable right?


Double standards rule in this town & sadly most do not know the half of it.

Thank you for playing stevo.

I did not think you would have the intellect to come back with anything other than slander & name calling.

You have proved me right.
Yes of course stevo. Patsyer obviously i am not going to say the exact road on which my family live? But yes it is one of the most expensive roads in hove. Not that that matters as i have said. The shooter was probably on some kind of drug. I can only imagine. I do vulntary work with my church for the homeless in Brighton so after speaking to my homeless friends today i do know that there are a lot strange drugs going around at the moment. But of course, when people from " hove actually" or the middle class of Brighton do drugs all night at the weekedend it is comeplately fine & acceptable right? Double standards rule in this town & sadly most do not know the half of it. Thank you for playing stevo. I did not think you would have the intellect to come back with anything other than slander & name calling. You have proved me right. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -2

8:56pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

You are of course too kind iratus.


But Only God can really know & judge the intents & true attitudes of anyone of us.
You are of course too kind iratus. But Only God can really know & judge the intents & true attitudes of anyone of us. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -2

8:59pm Sat 12 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Yes of course stevo.

Patsyer obviously i am not going to say the exact road on which my family live?

But yes it is one of the most expensive roads in hove.

Not that that matters as i have said.


The shooter was probably on some kind of drug. I can only imagine.

I do vulntary work with my church for the homeless in Brighton so after speaking to my homeless friends today i do know that there are a lot strange drugs going around at the moment.

But of course, when people from " hove actually" or the middle class of Brighton do drugs all night at the weekedend it is comeplately fine & acceptable right?


Double standards rule in this town & sadly most do not know the half of it.

Thank you for playing stevo.

I did not think you would have the intellect to come back with anything other than slander & name calling.

You have proved me right.
You haven't been proven right on anything.

You claimed the shooter was probably on drugs.

NOT PROVEN.

You claimed that he had problems.

NOT PROVEN.

You claimed Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.

NOT PROVEN.



HTH
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Yes of course stevo. Patsyer obviously i am not going to say the exact road on which my family live? But yes it is one of the most expensive roads in hove. Not that that matters as i have said. The shooter was probably on some kind of drug. I can only imagine. I do vulntary work with my church for the homeless in Brighton so after speaking to my homeless friends today i do know that there are a lot strange drugs going around at the moment. But of course, when people from " hove actually" or the middle class of Brighton do drugs all night at the weekedend it is comeplately fine & acceptable right? Double standards rule in this town & sadly most do not know the half of it. Thank you for playing stevo. I did not think you would have the intellect to come back with anything other than slander & name calling. You have proved me right.[/p][/quote]You haven't been proven right on anything. You claimed the shooter was probably on drugs. NOT PROVEN. You claimed that he had problems. NOT PROVEN. You claimed Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. NOT PROVEN. HTH stevo!!
  • Score: -2

8:59pm Sat 12 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Yes of course stevo.

Patsyer obviously i am not going to say the exact road on which my family live?

But yes it is one of the most expensive roads in hove.

Not that that matters as i have said.


The shooter was probably on some kind of drug. I can only imagine.

I do vulntary work with my church for the homeless in Brighton so after speaking to my homeless friends today i do know that there are a lot strange drugs going around at the moment.

But of course, when people from " hove actually" or the middle class of Brighton do drugs all night at the weekedend it is comeplately fine & acceptable right?


Double standards rule in this town & sadly most do not know the half of it.

Thank you for playing stevo.

I did not think you would have the intellect to come back with anything other than slander & name calling.

You have proved me right.
You haven't been proven right on anything.

You claimed the shooter was probably on drugs.

NOT PROVEN.

You claimed that he had problems.

NOT PROVEN.

You claimed Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.

NOT PROVEN.



HTH
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Yes of course stevo. Patsyer obviously i am not going to say the exact road on which my family live? But yes it is one of the most expensive roads in hove. Not that that matters as i have said. The shooter was probably on some kind of drug. I can only imagine. I do vulntary work with my church for the homeless in Brighton so after speaking to my homeless friends today i do know that there are a lot strange drugs going around at the moment. But of course, when people from " hove actually" or the middle class of Brighton do drugs all night at the weekedend it is comeplately fine & acceptable right? Double standards rule in this town & sadly most do not know the half of it. Thank you for playing stevo. I did not think you would have the intellect to come back with anything other than slander & name calling. You have proved me right.[/p][/quote]You haven't been proven right on anything. You claimed the shooter was probably on drugs. NOT PROVEN. You claimed that he had problems. NOT PROVEN. You claimed Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. NOT PROVEN. HTH stevo!!
  • Score: -1

9:04pm Sat 12 Jul 14

IratusFurcifer says...

Oooh religion too! Get you Uglyposhgit! You must be a scintillating dinner guest!
Oooh religion too! Get you Uglyposhgit! You must be a scintillating dinner guest! IratusFurcifer
  • Score: 1

9:07pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Stevo

What i said about Brighton being full of what middle class ect. Ect is PROVEN by MY 10 year experience in this town & the experiences of my family & friends.

I can not PROVE anything about the shooter.

Hello?!

I am not a detective.

I was simply implying that i have proven that your intellect, by trying to discredit me by name calling shows your LACK of one.

Do try & keep up stevo.
Stevo What i said about Brighton being full of what middle class ect. Ect is PROVEN by MY 10 year experience in this town & the experiences of my family & friends. I can not PROVE anything about the shooter. Hello?! I am not a detective. I was simply implying that i have proven that your intellect, by trying to discredit me by name calling shows your LACK of one. Do try & keep up stevo. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 1

9:10pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

I don't go to pretentious diners iratus.

Too dull.


Specially in Brighton.

But do go ahead: ridicule me for having a faith.

But would you ridicule me so readily if i said i was also gay?


I think not.
I don't go to pretentious diners iratus. Too dull. Specially in Brighton. But do go ahead: ridicule me for having a faith. But would you ridicule me so readily if i said i was also gay? I think not. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -3

9:36pm Sat 12 Jul 14

FatherTed11 says...

Argus, this is not 'BREAKING NEWS'. Your own article says it happened 'shortly after 10pm last night.'.....
Argus, this is not 'BREAKING NEWS'. Your own article says it happened 'shortly after 10pm last night.'..... FatherTed11
  • Score: -3

9:37pm Sat 12 Jul 14

IratusFurcifer says...

I'm ridiculing you for you, for your unnecessary and ridiculous outbursts that make you seem like an entirely unbalanced, unworldly and poorly educated individual with absolutely no diplomacy whatsoever.
Nothing else.
Well you may not be in to "pretentious dinners" but who said eating with interesting and well rounded people had to be pretentious. Maybe it's just a group of people eating and sharing.
As much as I'd love to follow your tirade of manic opinions and accusations I'm off to talk to some other less unfoundedly opinionated people now. Adieu.
I'm ridiculing you for you, for your unnecessary and ridiculous outbursts that make you seem like an entirely unbalanced, unworldly and poorly educated individual with absolutely no diplomacy whatsoever. Nothing else. Well you may not be in to "pretentious dinners" but who said eating with interesting and well rounded people had to be pretentious. Maybe it's just a group of people eating and sharing. As much as I'd love to follow your tirade of manic opinions and accusations I'm off to talk to some other less unfoundedly opinionated people now. Adieu. IratusFurcifer
  • Score: 0

9:59pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Dear iratu.


Deplomacy is over rated.

By well rounded i am sure you mean " liberal " & " politically correct."

Who wants to be worldly?! as of course by wordly you mean: like everyone else.

Yawn.

Poorly educated you say? & from what post exactly do you deduce that observation dear iratu?

I actually have two degrees. One from Oxford.

Not that that should matter.

Again, typical brightonion. Pretentiouse & of the belief that everything is all right with the world

As long as ones own world is all right.

Nicely played though iratu as you did of course a. Ridicule me for sticking up for blacks, minorities & people from council estates in Brighton.

& . B. you ridiculed me for " being religious."

You of course fancy yourself as a bit of a tactition so you denied this.

Well played sir.
Dear iratu. Deplomacy is over rated. By well rounded i am sure you mean " liberal " & " politically correct." Who wants to be worldly?! as of course by wordly you mean: like everyone else. Yawn. Poorly educated you say? & from what post exactly do you deduce that observation dear iratu? I actually have two degrees. One from Oxford. Not that that should matter. Again, typical brightonion. Pretentiouse & of the belief that everything is all right with the world As long as ones own world is all right. Nicely played though iratu as you did of course a. Ridicule me for sticking up for blacks, minorities & people from council estates in Brighton. & . B. you ridiculed me for " being religious." You of course fancy yourself as a bit of a tactition so you denied this. Well played sir. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -1

12:17am Sun 13 Jul 14

andyfm says...

I have just read all the posts and all I can say is why does someone call themselves "UGLYPOSHGIT" your mother gave you a proper name....why not use that?????????
I have just read all the posts and all I can say is why does someone call themselves "UGLYPOSHGIT" your mother gave you a proper name....why not use that????????? andyfm
  • Score: -3

12:21am Sun 13 Jul 14

andyfm says...

Uglyposhgit.......wh
at a stupid name ..lol...iamatasser
Uglyposhgit.......wh at a stupid name ..lol...iamatasser andyfm
  • Score: -5

8:01am Sun 13 Jul 14

hoveguyactually says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.


Just look at the bim school!

Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually."

On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly.


This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH!

But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?!

Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live.


The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems.



IDIOTS!!!!!!
What a load of rubbish! All that garbage has got nothing whatsoever to do with this case, but is all about your leftist moaning and groaning.

We don't know if he is a mental case. He may have had criminal intentions, in which case a long incarceration would be appropriate. Either way, he should be prevented from being a danger to the public.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. Just look at the bim school! Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually." On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly. This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH! But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?! Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live. The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems. IDIOTS!!!!!![/p][/quote]What a load of rubbish! All that garbage has got nothing whatsoever to do with this case, but is all about your leftist moaning and groaning. We don't know if he is a mental case. He may have had criminal intentions, in which case a long incarceration would be appropriate. Either way, he should be prevented from being a danger to the public. hoveguyactually
  • Score: 2

9:28am Sun 13 Jul 14

Wide Bertha says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Dear iratu.


Deplomacy is over rated.

By well rounded i am sure you mean " liberal " & " politically correct."

Who wants to be worldly?! as of course by wordly you mean: like everyone else.

Yawn.

Poorly educated you say? & from what post exactly do you deduce that observation dear iratu?

I actually have two degrees. One from Oxford.

Not that that should matter.

Again, typical brightonion. Pretentiouse & of the belief that everything is all right with the world

As long as ones own world is all right.

Nicely played though iratu as you did of course a. Ridicule me for sticking up for blacks, minorities & people from council estates in Brighton.

& . B. you ridiculed me for " being religious."

You of course fancy yourself as a bit of a tactition so you denied this.

Well played sir.
you have more fantasies going on than Walter Mitty.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Dear iratu. Deplomacy is over rated. By well rounded i am sure you mean " liberal " & " politically correct." Who wants to be worldly?! as of course by wordly you mean: like everyone else. Yawn. Poorly educated you say? & from what post exactly do you deduce that observation dear iratu? I actually have two degrees. One from Oxford. Not that that should matter. Again, typical brightonion. Pretentiouse & of the belief that everything is all right with the world As long as ones own world is all right. Nicely played though iratu as you did of course a. Ridicule me for sticking up for blacks, minorities & people from council estates in Brighton. & . B. you ridiculed me for " being religious." You of course fancy yourself as a bit of a tactition so you denied this. Well played sir.[/p][/quote]you have more fantasies going on than Walter Mitty. Wide Bertha
  • Score: 0

9:29am Sun 13 Jul 14

Wide Bertha says...

educated, two degrees, yet still can't spell voluntary....
educated, two degrees, yet still can't spell voluntary.... Wide Bertha
  • Score: 5

10:05am Sun 13 Jul 14

cookie_brighton says...

Wide Bertha wrote:
educated, two degrees, yet still can't spell voluntary....
pmsl........the word is........cannot
[quote][p][bold]Wide Bertha[/bold] wrote: educated, two degrees, yet still can't spell voluntary....[/p][/quote]pmsl........the word is........cannot cookie_brighton
  • Score: -4

11:01am Sun 13 Jul 14

Patsyr says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Patsyr why are you swearing?

I am not swearing.


Use your words dear.


No london is not perfect obviously!

But compared to here there is as much tolerance for the poor or minorities or people of colour as Brighton has for its gay community.

I do go to london often thank you yes.

I have a home there too, thankfully.


I have a dear friend who has an iq way above average, is a science writer & has a maths degree. She married & divorced badly so now lives on a council estate in Brighton.

You know she doesn't dare mention where she lives on an evening out in Brighton as people from Brighton actively move away from her.

& she is probably at lest 10 times brighter than they!

Where i come from in London it is a bag of honour to " come from" a council estate.


Fact.
Why bring a lady you know who has a maths degree to back up your argument. Where does that fit into the gunman story? Does he have a maths degree too?
I have a degree and a masters too but cant see what it has to do with this at all. Are you just trying to show off because you have family in Dyke Road and know somebody with a degree? Dear, dear you will have to try harder if you are trying to impress as so far it isn't working!
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Patsyr why are you swearing? I am not swearing. Use your words dear. No london is not perfect obviously! But compared to here there is as much tolerance for the poor or minorities or people of colour as Brighton has for its gay community. I do go to london often thank you yes. I have a home there too, thankfully. I have a dear friend who has an iq way above average, is a science writer & has a maths degree. She married & divorced badly so now lives on a council estate in Brighton. You know she doesn't dare mention where she lives on an evening out in Brighton as people from Brighton actively move away from her. & she is probably at lest 10 times brighter than they! Where i come from in London it is a bag of honour to " come from" a council estate. Fact.[/p][/quote]Why bring a lady you know who has a maths degree to back up your argument. Where does that fit into the gunman story? Does he have a maths degree too? I have a degree and a masters too but cant see what it has to do with this at all. Are you just trying to show off because you have family in Dyke Road and know somebody with a degree? Dear, dear you will have to try harder if you are trying to impress as so far it isn't working! Patsyr
  • Score: 0

11:55am Sun 13 Jul 14

scuba1 says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Did i stevo? Really!?!

What an idiot you are. But i sholuld not except much more,

This IS Brighton after all.

I know of that man. I have a dear friend in that block of flats actually,

Trust me the shooter will not be out of jail for a good while.

Obviously.


You see Stevo, deranged means to be insane.

So by calling me " mad" you feel that you can silence & diminish the fact that i am trying to stand up for the many marginalised people in Brighton: the black people, the minorities & the people living on council estates?

Or even the people sitting on the bentches in new road?

You will have to do much better than that im afraid Stevo.
You cannot spell a simple word like ' bench ' ... Who's the idiot ?
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Did i stevo? Really!?! What an idiot you are. But i sholuld not except much more, This IS Brighton after all. I know of that man. I have a dear friend in that block of flats actually, Trust me the shooter will not be out of jail for a good while. Obviously. You see Stevo, deranged means to be insane. So by calling me " mad" you feel that you can silence & diminish the fact that i am trying to stand up for the many marginalised people in Brighton: the black people, the minorities & the people living on council estates? Or even the people sitting on the bentches in new road? You will have to do much better than that im afraid Stevo.[/p][/quote]You cannot spell a simple word like ' bench ' ... Who's the idiot ? scuba1
  • Score: -1

12:00pm Sun 13 Jul 14

onewayoflife says...

Uglyposhgit says"I do not live in Brighton" then goes on to say how he volunteers for his church in the city and has 10 years experience in Brighton....mmm something is not adding up!
Uglyposhgit says"I do not live in Brighton" then goes on to say how he volunteers for his church in the city and has 10 years experience in Brighton....mmm something is not adding up! onewayoflife
  • Score: 0

12:48pm Sun 13 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
I don't go to pretentious diners iratus.

Too dull.


Specially in Brighton.

But do go ahead: ridicule me for having a faith.

But would you ridicule me so readily if i said i was also gay?


I think not.
I would.

Your sexual orientation has nothing to do with your comments.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: I don't go to pretentious diners iratus. Too dull. Specially in Brighton. But do go ahead: ridicule me for having a faith. But would you ridicule me so readily if i said i was also gay? I think not.[/p][/quote]I would. Your sexual orientation has nothing to do with your comments. stevo!!
  • Score: -5

1:51pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

If that is the case stevo why does my RELIGION?

So sex is more important than religion?

Well of course, it is in Brighton.

Rest my case again.
If that is the case stevo why does my RELIGION? So sex is more important than religion? Well of course, it is in Brighton. Rest my case again. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Andy your SO funny!

Phase you considered stand up?

Obviously i am far from an " ugly posh git ' but on here, i can give myself whatever name i like.

Seeing as there are so many ugly posh gist in Brighton i thought i may as well join them.

In name only obviously.
Andy your SO funny! Phase you considered stand up? Obviously i am far from an " ugly posh git ' but on here, i can give myself whatever name i like. Seeing as there are so many ugly posh gist in Brighton i thought i may as well join them. In name only obviously. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Sun 13 Jul 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

Air pistols/rifles should be banned. They cause non stop problems, especially for wildlife and people's pets.
Air pistols/rifles should be banned. They cause non stop problems, especially for wildlife and people's pets. getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 0

2:11pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Hove guy actually:

There is no right or left in politics?

Are completely un a where of that fact even now?

You are joking aren't you?

An early poster commented that this person was " scum as he was on the
dole" with no evidence & no proof whatsoever!


Noboddy at all disagreed with him.

So i stepped in. In the old days, way back in the 1980s we used to talk about this sort of thing in the local pub.

If someone came in & changed the subject matter slightly only because of a previous comment, than it would be all well & good.

No?

There should be in build decancy into every human being.


Brighton is so good at being decant to the gay community is it not?


So why does that decancy not extend to help respect & protect the poor , the marginalised of society & black people?

After all white people did make them slaves & as a result they did build most of England didnt they?

History lesson anyone?

But in this town of Brighton i have seen nothing but contempt for these peopel for YEARS!

Why?!

Because this is the sort of place Brignton is isnt it mr hove guy actually?
Hove guy actually: There is no right or left in politics? Are completely un a where of that fact even now? You are joking aren't you? An early poster commented that this person was " scum as he was on the dole" with no evidence & no proof whatsoever! Noboddy at all disagreed with him. So i stepped in. In the old days, way back in the 1980s we used to talk about this sort of thing in the local pub. If someone came in & changed the subject matter slightly only because of a previous comment, than it would be all well & good. No? There should be in build decancy into every human being. Brighton is so good at being decant to the gay community is it not? So why does that decancy not extend to help respect & protect the poor , the marginalised of society & black people? After all white people did make them slaves & as a result they did build most of England didnt they? History lesson anyone? But in this town of Brighton i have seen nothing but contempt for these peopel for YEARS! Why?! Because this is the sort of place Brignton is isnt it mr hove guy actually? Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 2

2:14pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

You know what i love about this thread?

I am actually a writer & haves published many articles & a book.

Not on the subject matter.

But if i did not tell this you would know it as,

Everyone here keeps quoting me!

God i must be good.
You know what i love about this thread? I am actually a writer & haves published many articles & a book. Not on the subject matter. But if i did not tell this you would know it as, Everyone here keeps quoting me! God i must be good. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 2

2:20pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Dear bearth

Nicely played.

You also fancy yourself as a bit of a tactition & feel again that by rediculing me, by saying i talk " fantasy" compleatly dismisses my points.


Well that tactic will wok for most of the sheeple of Brighton reading this i dare say.

Well played dear for that at lest.

But for those who have ears to hear it should be a differant story.

Very differant indeed.

& no i do not write about fantasy. I am a science author.
Dear bearth Nicely played. You also fancy yourself as a bit of a tactition & feel again that by rediculing me, by saying i talk " fantasy" compleatly dismisses my points. Well that tactic will wok for most of the sheeple of Brighton reading this i dare say. Well played dear for that at lest. But for those who have ears to hear it should be a differant story. Very differant indeed. & no i do not write about fantasy. I am a science author. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 1

2:26pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Patsyr

I am not trying to impress anyone.

Do try & keep up dear!

I was saying that my friend with the math degree lives on a council estate in Brighton & because of WHERE she lives she is judged terribly in THIS town.

That is the only reason that i mentioned her degree.

I admitted where SOME of my family were from to show that just because one may come from a nice back ground it does not mean you should LOOK DOWN on people less fortunate than yourself.

Again, DO try & keep up dear!
Patsyr I am not trying to impress anyone. Do try & keep up dear! I was saying that my friend with the math degree lives on a council estate in Brighton & because of WHERE she lives she is judged terribly in THIS town. That is the only reason that i mentioned her degree. I admitted where SOME of my family were from to show that just because one may come from a nice back ground it does not mean you should LOOK DOWN on people less fortunate than yourself. Again, DO try & keep up dear! Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 2

2:35pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Wide bearth.

Yes my spelling was never the best. This is why i excelled in science, so well spotted.

I did spell voluntary wrong & i am sure some other words.

I DID grow up on a council estate in London.

I was a child career for my disabled mother long before it was fashionable.

As a result i missed most of my schooling & could not read until i was 12.

I am afraid that even now my spelling is still lacking.

But i never did attend one spelling lesson.

Yes i do have two degrees, i was a very fast learner once i did teach myself to read.
Of course you feel that by pointing out that i have spelt a few wrongs badly, everything i say must therefore be rubbish no?

Very FALTY logic i must say but if it floats your boat all well & good.
Wide bearth. Yes my spelling was never the best. This is why i excelled in science, so well spotted. I did spell voluntary wrong & i am sure some other words. I DID grow up on a council estate in London. I was a child career for my disabled mother long before it was fashionable. As a result i missed most of my schooling & could not read until i was 12. I am afraid that even now my spelling is still lacking. But i never did attend one spelling lesson. Yes i do have two degrees, i was a very fast learner once i did teach myself to read. Of course you feel that by pointing out that i have spelt a few wrongs badly, everything i say must therefore be rubbish no? Very FALTY logic i must say but if it floats your boat all well & good. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 1

2:41pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

One way life:

Do you want to know my life story dear?

I am working on my memoirs in fact.

Yes i have been AROUND Brighton for almost 10 years.

As i have a home here. I do not always live here.

& yes i do do some homeless work with my church here in Brighton.

Not sure why that would be so hard to fathom.
One way life: Do you want to know my life story dear? I am working on my memoirs in fact. Yes i have been AROUND Brighton for almost 10 years. As i have a home here. I do not always live here. & yes i do do some homeless work with my church here in Brighton. Not sure why that would be so hard to fathom. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 2

2:42pm Sun 13 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
If that is the case stevo why does my RELIGION?

So sex is more important than religion?

Well of course, it is in Brighton.

Rest my case again.
Your religion doesn't affect how I respond to your posts, either, and at no point did I state or imply that it does.

I wasn't the one who ridiculed your faith. I merely answered the question that you asked of him.

So your 'case' is based on you failing to understand which poster you were addressing.....try not to be proud of your comprehension 'issues'.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: If that is the case stevo why does my RELIGION? So sex is more important than religion? Well of course, it is in Brighton. Rest my case again.[/p][/quote]Your religion doesn't affect how I respond to your posts, either, and at no point did I state or imply that it does. I wasn't the one who ridiculed your faith. I merely answered the question that you asked of him. So your 'case' is based on you failing to understand which poster you were addressing.....try not to be proud of your comprehension 'issues'. stevo!!
  • Score: -2

3:24pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Stevo

The original post about the shooter being on the dole & being scum seems to have been removed.

It was just before my first post.

Of course people have the right to remove posts.

Etherway, nicely played whoever removed it.

This is a " comments" sections is it not?

I & anyone can comment here on this topic or anything in relation to the topic correct me if i am wrong?

Therefore:

The prevailing attitude in Brighton towards minorities, black people & peopel who live on council estates remains as we all know but would never be truthful enough to admit.

The fact that you all Attack me so readily for this observation only further proves my point.

Why should we all harp on here about guns being banned?

Of COURSE they will be banned!

How do you know the powers that be, police, whoever did not stage this whole thing? Give the guy the gun? It has been done many many times before as anyone with half a brain will know.



But do keep it coming i do find you all very entertaining, if not a little dim.
Stevo The original post about the shooter being on the dole & being scum seems to have been removed. It was just before my first post. Of course people have the right to remove posts. Etherway, nicely played whoever removed it. This is a " comments" sections is it not? I & anyone can comment here on this topic or anything in relation to the topic correct me if i am wrong? Therefore: The prevailing attitude in Brighton towards minorities, black people & peopel who live on council estates remains as we all know but would never be truthful enough to admit. The fact that you all Attack me so readily for this observation only further proves my point. Why should we all harp on here about guns being banned? Of COURSE they will be banned! How do you know the powers that be, police, whoever did not stage this whole thing? Give the guy the gun? It has been done many many times before as anyone with half a brain will know. But do keep it coming i do find you all very entertaining, if not a little dim. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 1

3:49pm Sun 13 Jul 14

woodie49 says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.


Just look at the bim school!

Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually."

On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly.


This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH!

But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?!

Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live.


The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems.



IDIOTS!!!!!!
PMSL at this just wondering who exactley is the idiot here, from a Londoner born and bred.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. Just look at the bim school! Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually." On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly. This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH! But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?! Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live. The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems. IDIOTS!!!!!![/p][/quote]PMSL at this just wondering who exactley is the idiot here, from a Londoner born and bred. woodie49
  • Score: 0

4:36pm Sun 13 Jul 14

AlanPare says...

Stevo!! says "Your religion doesn't affect how I respond to your posts."

I assume that's unless I'm Muslim?
Stevo!! says "Your religion doesn't affect how I respond to your posts." I assume that's unless I'm Muslim? AlanPare
  • Score: 1

4:37pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Woodie

I am saying that the majority of people born & bred in Brighton or those who have been here for years & think they are something very special for being able to afford to live in " hove actually" rather than on one of brightons council estate with the blacks & the less fortunate & the people on the " dole" are the idiots.

Of course if anyone here had said " no of course we do not look down on these kinds of people here in broghton at all, we celebrate them," they would not be an idiot.

Fact is most of you think you are better than those less fortunate here in Brighton.

I have seen the way 99.9% of you sneer at those sitting on the benches on new road when i do my outreach.

But you are not better. Not in a million years could you ever be better than they.
Woodie I am saying that the majority of people born & bred in Brighton or those who have been here for years & think they are something very special for being able to afford to live in " hove actually" rather than on one of brightons council estate with the blacks & the less fortunate & the people on the " dole" are the idiots. Of course if anyone here had said " no of course we do not look down on these kinds of people here in broghton at all, we celebrate them," they would not be an idiot. Fact is most of you think you are better than those less fortunate here in Brighton. I have seen the way 99.9% of you sneer at those sitting on the benches on new road when i do my outreach. But you are not better. Not in a million years could you ever be better than they. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 2

6:21pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Patsyr says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Patsyr

I am not trying to impress anyone.

Do try & keep up dear!

I was saying that my friend with the math degree lives on a council estate in Brighton & because of WHERE she lives she is judged terribly in THIS town.

That is the only reason that i mentioned her degree.

I admitted where SOME of my family were from to show that just because one may come from a nice back ground it does not mean you should LOOK DOWN on people less fortunate than yourself.

Again, DO try & keep up dear!
Whats with calling me "dear"? Are you thinking I am female and so you want to patronise me ? Or are you gay and you use this term whatever sex you are referring to?

Whichever I am not your dear at all, neither am I female.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Patsyr I am not trying to impress anyone. Do try & keep up dear! I was saying that my friend with the math degree lives on a council estate in Brighton & because of WHERE she lives she is judged terribly in THIS town. That is the only reason that i mentioned her degree. I admitted where SOME of my family were from to show that just because one may come from a nice back ground it does not mean you should LOOK DOWN on people less fortunate than yourself. Again, DO try & keep up dear![/p][/quote]Whats with calling me "dear"? Are you thinking I am female and so you want to patronise me ? Or are you gay and you use this term whatever sex you are referring to? Whichever I am not your dear at all, neither am I female. Patsyr
  • Score: -3

6:22pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Whatever.

Lad.
Whatever. Lad. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 3

6:55pm Sun 13 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Whatever.

Lad.
The comments in which faith were mentioned were made by Iratus and are still showing. Posts cannot be removed by their writer.

You even named him in your post responding to his comment which led you to ask the question that I answered.

So don't wriggle by claiming a post has been removed - you confused two posters, and that is the end of it.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Whatever. Lad.[/p][/quote]The comments in which faith were mentioned were made by Iratus and are still showing. Posts cannot be removed by their writer. You even named him in your post responding to his comment which led you to ask the question that I answered. So don't wriggle by claiming a post has been removed - you confused two posters, and that is the end of it. stevo!!
  • Score: 1

6:57pm Sun 13 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

AlanPare wrote:
Stevo!! says "Your religion doesn't affect how I respond to your posts."

I assume that's unless I'm Muslim?
There are no caveats to my statement.

HTH
[quote][p][bold]AlanPare[/bold] wrote: Stevo!! says "Your religion doesn't affect how I respond to your posts." I assume that's unless I'm Muslim?[/p][/quote]There are no caveats to my statement. HTH stevo!!
  • Score: -4

6:59pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

No one is speaking of faith being the topic that started me posting?!

It was the comment about the shooter being " scum & on the dole,"

Its not the end until i feel like its the end stevo
No one is speaking of faith being the topic that started me posting?! It was the comment about the shooter being " scum & on the dole," Its not the end until i feel like its the end stevo Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 0

7:30pm Sun 13 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
I don't go to pretentious diners iratus.

Too dull.


Specially in Brighton.

But do go ahead: ridicule me for having a faith.

But would you ridicule me so readily if i said i was also gay?


I think not.
The above is your post. Your name is clearly showing, as is the person to whom you are responding (Iratus).

The question I answered which you asked is also there.

"It was the comment about the shooter being " scum & on the dole," "

No, it wasn't that one which introduced faith into the convo. It was this, written by YOU:

"You are of course too kind iratus.
But Only God can really know & judge the intents & true attitudes of anyone of us."

That was your entire post, in response to this from Iratus:

"Oooh religion too! Get you Uglyposhgit! You must be a scintillating dinner guest!"

He was pointing out how dull you must be as a dinner guest. He wasn't making any reference to your faith.

HTH
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: I don't go to pretentious diners iratus. Too dull. Specially in Brighton. But do go ahead: ridicule me for having a faith. But would you ridicule me so readily if i said i was also gay? I think not.[/p][/quote]The above is your post. Your name is clearly showing, as is the person to whom you are responding (Iratus). The question I answered which you asked is also there. "It was the comment about the shooter being " scum & on the dole," " No, it wasn't that one which introduced faith into the convo. It was this, written by YOU: "You are of course too kind iratus. But Only God can really know & judge the intents & true attitudes of anyone of us." That was your entire post, in response to this from Iratus: "Oooh religion too! Get you Uglyposhgit! You must be a scintillating dinner guest!" He was pointing out how dull you must be as a dinner guest. He wasn't making any reference to your faith. HTH stevo!!
  • Score: -2

8:30pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Whatever stevo, that was NOT what my original question was about & you know it.

What is your point?

Make fun of my faith, my looks, my spelling WHATEVER.

I STILL maintain that in Brighton MOST people are white middle class racist , snobs with ABSOLUTELY no reason to be as most are ugly,talentless & thick.
Whatever stevo, that was NOT what my original question was about & you know it. What is your point? Make fun of my faith, my looks, my spelling WHATEVER. I STILL maintain that in Brighton MOST people are white middle class racist , snobs with ABSOLUTELY no reason to be as most are ugly,talentless & thick. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -2

8:58pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Idontbelieveit1948 says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum.


Just look at the bim school!

Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually."

On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly.


This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH!

But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?!

Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live.


The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems.



IDIOTS!!!!!!
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose !
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Brighton is full of white middle class people with a " few quid" who posses no real talent, brains, intellect or decorum. Just look at the bim school! Half of you think you are gods because you can afford a shoe box in " hove actually." On how very shallow the majority of you are, not to mention ugly. This poor bloke obviously had / has problems. DAH! But what do you care you USELESS brightonions?! Do yourselves a real favor: buy a one way ticket to london for a week & see how REAL people live. The kind of people, rich or poor, black or white who would NEVER be so mind numbingly childish to judge someone because of their post code or thier problems. IDIOTS!!!!!![/p][/quote]May the bird of paradise fly up your nose ! Idontbelieveit1948
  • Score: 3

9:02pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Idontbelieveit1948 says...

Wide Bertha wrote:
educated, two degrees, yet still can't spell voluntary....
Probably a teacher !
[quote][p][bold]Wide Bertha[/bold] wrote: educated, two degrees, yet still can't spell voluntary....[/p][/quote]Probably a teacher ! Idontbelieveit1948
  • Score: -3

9:07pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Did you not read my earlier post?

My spelling is not great as i never went to school?

I was a child carer for my mother & could not read until 12. Thats when i taught myself to read.

As i said, i never rememeber ONE spelling lesson.

So before you cast stones i dont believe,

Get your facts right.
Did you not read my earlier post? My spelling is not great as i never went to school? I was a child carer for my mother & could not read until 12. Thats when i taught myself to read. As i said, i never rememeber ONE spelling lesson. So before you cast stones i dont believe, Get your facts right. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -2

9:16pm Sun 13 Jul 14

ghost bus driver says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
You are of course too kind iratus.


But Only God can really know & judge the intents & true attitudes of anyone of us.
Two words, god boy. Fantoft Stave. Google it.
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: You are of course too kind iratus. But Only God can really know & judge the intents & true attitudes of anyone of us.[/p][/quote]Two words, god boy. Fantoft Stave. Google it. ghost bus driver
  • Score: 1

9:19pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Younge carer even
Younge carer even Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 1

10:04pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Mng*68 says...

Wow what a lots of judgemental ppl .... Social housing is there for anybody . Some peoples lives are turned upside down for various reasons maybe out of their control... Casting judgement doesn't help . Homeless people, mental health people or substance misusers don't need judging. Life's hard enough for them. Work with then and your realise it's not a path they chose ... It's one they ended up on. Most very well educated and lost in the help system, desperate to try n feel normal everyday . So stick you London / Hove actually debate ... Burst your posh values and stop unnecessary assumptions . Hope this guy is looked after n helped .
Wow what a lots of judgemental ppl .... Social housing is there for anybody . Some peoples lives are turned upside down for various reasons maybe out of their control... Casting judgement doesn't help . Homeless people, mental health people or substance misusers don't need judging. Life's hard enough for them. Work with then and your realise it's not a path they chose ... It's one they ended up on. Most very well educated and lost in the help system, desperate to try n feel normal everyday . So stick you London / Hove actually debate ... Burst your posh values and stop unnecessary assumptions . Hope this guy is looked after n helped . Mng*68
  • Score: 2

11:23pm Sun 13 Jul 14

stevo!! says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Whatever stevo, that was NOT what my original question was about & you know it.

What is your point?

Make fun of my faith, my looks, my spelling WHATEVER.

I STILL maintain that in Brighton MOST people are white middle class racist , snobs with ABSOLUTELY no reason to be as most are ugly,talentless & thick.
My point is that reality is something that happens to other people, NOT you.

HTH
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Whatever stevo, that was NOT what my original question was about & you know it. What is your point? Make fun of my faith, my looks, my spelling WHATEVER. I STILL maintain that in Brighton MOST people are white middle class racist , snobs with ABSOLUTELY no reason to be as most are ugly,talentless & thick.[/p][/quote]My point is that reality is something that happens to other people, NOT you. HTH stevo!!
  • Score: -2

11:26pm Sun 13 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Really stevo??

If ONLY you knew.
Really stevo?? If ONLY you knew. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: -1

10:25am Mon 14 Jul 14

anonymous coward says...

Guys, don't feed the troll. Especially some random USAian troll. "Person of colour", FFS.
Guys, don't feed the troll. Especially some random USAian troll. "Person of colour", FFS. anonymous coward
  • Score: -1

11:01am Mon 14 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Anonoymus

Another idiot.


So, if we were in a pub 20 years ago & we had this debate i would be a " troll" would i?

What for saying things that most of you just can not take?

Foolish idiots!


I am HALF black.

Are you taking the **** out of me for it??! Ey?

Soooo FUNNY how all you white people that DONT like black or brown people all sit on Brighton beach in this sun to try & look:


Well. Like me. I as i am of course, NATURALLY bronze.

God. Id KILL myself if i had to wear fake tan like most white women.

But my mother is white so what can i say.

& what the hell is usasian?!

Are you also now making fun of ASIAN people?!

JUST as i thought. brighton.. Full of middle class ugly white racist, talentless , thick

Pigs.


Prove. Me. Wrong.
Anonoymus Another idiot. So, if we were in a pub 20 years ago & we had this debate i would be a " troll" would i? What for saying things that most of you just can not take? Foolish idiots! I am HALF black. Are you taking the **** out of me for it??! Ey? Soooo FUNNY how all you white people that DONT like black or brown people all sit on Brighton beach in this sun to try & look: Well. Like me. I as i am of course, NATURALLY bronze. God. Id KILL myself if i had to wear fake tan like most white women. But my mother is white so what can i say. & what the hell is usasian?! Are you also now making fun of ASIAN people?! JUST as i thought. brighton.. Full of middle class ugly white racist, talentless , thick Pigs. Prove. Me. Wrong. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 0

1:05pm Mon 14 Jul 14

mhaiti says...

To be fair, in my experience Brighton is quite a racist city.

Just hides behind this facade of being open and accepting but in reality I'm not sure it is.
To be fair, in my experience Brighton is quite a racist city. Just hides behind this facade of being open and accepting but in reality I'm not sure it is. mhaiti
  • Score: 2

1:32pm Mon 14 Jul 14

Patsyr says...

Uglyposhgit wrote:
Anonoymus

Another idiot.


So, if we were in a pub 20 years ago & we had this debate i would be a " troll" would i?

What for saying things that most of you just can not take?

Foolish idiots!


I am HALF black.

Are you taking the **** out of me for it??! Ey?

Soooo FUNNY how all you white people that DONT like black or brown people all sit on Brighton beach in this sun to try & look:


Well. Like me. I as i am of course, NATURALLY bronze.

God. Id KILL myself if i had to wear fake tan like most white women.

But my mother is white so what can i say.

& what the hell is usasian?!

Are you also now making fun of ASIAN people?!

JUST as i thought. brighton.. Full of middle class ugly white racist, talentless , thick

Pigs.


Prove. Me. Wrong.
You are a very bitter, twisted, stupid and judgemental man.

You day you go to church, that should make you more tolerant. You rant and make ridiculous, sweeping statements which are obviously untrue.
You must have a huge chip on your shoulder for some reason, because you had a poor education, are black, perhaps had a difficult life. I feel sorry for you as you sound very unhappy. I hope you have friends to support you as you sound very lonely to me.

I am sure the homeless on New Road enjoy seeing you though.......
[quote][p][bold]Uglyposhgit[/bold] wrote: Anonoymus Another idiot. So, if we were in a pub 20 years ago & we had this debate i would be a " troll" would i? What for saying things that most of you just can not take? Foolish idiots! I am HALF black. Are you taking the **** out of me for it??! Ey? Soooo FUNNY how all you white people that DONT like black or brown people all sit on Brighton beach in this sun to try & look: Well. Like me. I as i am of course, NATURALLY bronze. God. Id KILL myself if i had to wear fake tan like most white women. But my mother is white so what can i say. & what the hell is usasian?! Are you also now making fun of ASIAN people?! JUST as i thought. brighton.. Full of middle class ugly white racist, talentless , thick Pigs. Prove. Me. Wrong.[/p][/quote]You are a very bitter, twisted, stupid and judgemental man. You day you go to church, that should make you more tolerant. You rant and make ridiculous, sweeping statements which are obviously untrue. You must have a huge chip on your shoulder for some reason, because you had a poor education, are black, perhaps had a difficult life. I feel sorry for you as you sound very unhappy. I hope you have friends to support you as you sound very lonely to me. I am sure the homeless on New Road enjoy seeing you though....... Patsyr
  • Score: 0

2:55pm Mon 14 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

I love being black, or half black at lest. My mother is as white as your MOTHER patsyer.


Bitter ey? There is a difference between being " bitter" & displaying righteous indignation patsyer.

You might want to google that difference.

Like i said, i now have two degrees one from Oxford. you really can NOT keep up can you?

Poor thing.

& you say that i " sound lonely " because of what exactly?

Please, do tell, from which of my many posts that you all love to quote , do you deduce that exactly patsyer?

My life is very happy thanks all the same. four beautiful children, a wonderful partner, three beautiful homes one abroad & a career as an author.

Not that my personal circumstances are ANY thing to do with you

Lad.



You fool.

Going to church does not mean that you stop being angry at injustice.

Quite the opposite!

Jesus was a pretty angry guy was he not?!

My " sweeping statements " are based on what myself , my family & some of my friends have experienced in Brighton for the last ten years.

Whilst it may not be your experience in Brighton as you are so obviously white & middle class, it IS ours.

So BITE ME.

& keep it coming as, sooner or later somebody here MIGHT prove that they have an intellect on these matters that is as keen as my own.

But, being Brighton , i will not be holding my breath.
I love being black, or half black at lest. My mother is as white as your MOTHER patsyer. Bitter ey? There is a difference between being " bitter" & displaying righteous indignation patsyer. You might want to google that difference. Like i said, i now have two degrees one from Oxford. you really can NOT keep up can you? Poor thing. & you say that i " sound lonely " because of what exactly? Please, do tell, from which of my many posts that you all love to quote , do you deduce that exactly patsyer? My life is very happy thanks all the same. four beautiful children, a wonderful partner, three beautiful homes one abroad & a career as an author. Not that my personal circumstances are ANY thing to do with you Lad. You fool. Going to church does not mean that you stop being angry at injustice. Quite the opposite! Jesus was a pretty angry guy was he not?! My " sweeping statements " are based on what myself , my family & some of my friends have experienced in Brighton for the last ten years. Whilst it may not be your experience in Brighton as you are so obviously white & middle class, it IS ours. So BITE ME. & keep it coming as, sooner or later somebody here MIGHT prove that they have an intellect on these matters that is as keen as my own. But, being Brighton , i will not be holding my breath. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 0

3:00pm Mon 14 Jul 14

Uglyposhgit says...

Ohhhh!


& i am not a man pateyer, even if i SOUND like one.

NEVER judge a book by its " cover."

You can choose any name you like to post on here.

Again as i HAVE said, i chose the name " poshuglygit" as i have met many people in Brighten that that name describes rather accurately.

I am in fact , all women.
Ohhhh! & i am not a man pateyer, even if i SOUND like one. NEVER judge a book by its " cover." You can choose any name you like to post on here. Again as i HAVE said, i chose the name " poshuglygit" as i have met many people in Brighten that that name describes rather accurately. I am in fact , all women. Uglyposhgit
  • Score: 1
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree