Heartless thieves have stolen the memorial to a stillborn baby girl in a sickening theft.
Sussex Police are appealing for information after a memorial to a baby girl was stolen in Telscombe Cliffs.
A white Arum lily had been planted in a rippled stone pot six years ago by a family in memory of their stillborn daughter.
The pot and four foot plant were taken from the front garden of a home in Telscombe Cliffs Way between 8.30pm and 9.30pm on Wednesday.
PC Anna Batchelor said: "This is a particularly upsetting crime for the victims.
"They desperately want the plant to be returned to them and are appealing to anyone who can help them get it back.
"Please keep a look out for the plant and the pot and contact us if you see them."
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 1206 of 11/07, email firstname.lastname@example.org
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- University vows to rebuild Nepal tremor zone school
- Star’s pride in rise to success
- Vote now to secure £5k revamp
- Student to put artwork on display
- Family and East Sussex coroner critical of New York Police Department after death of 28-year-old woman mowed down by a car