Heartless thieves have stolen the memorial to a stillborn baby girl in a sickening theft.
Sussex Police are appealing for information after a memorial to a baby girl was stolen in Telscombe Cliffs.
A white Arum lily had been planted in a rippled stone pot six years ago by a family in memory of their stillborn daughter.
The pot and four foot plant were taken from the front garden of a home in Telscombe Cliffs Way between 8.30pm and 9.30pm on Wednesday.
PC Anna Batchelor said: "This is a particularly upsetting crime for the victims.
"They desperately want the plant to be returned to them and are appealing to anyone who can help them get it back.
"Please keep a look out for the plant and the pot and contact us if you see them."
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 1206 of 11/07, email email@example.com
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Good weather, roadworks and a Friday afternoon in half term brings Brighton to a standstill
- Chef stands up for cannabis users in court
- Best of Sussex to be honoured tonight at Argus Community Stars Awards
- Newhaven to Dieppe cross channel ferry route to continue in 2015 as new operator signs up
- Poker ace is flush as his winnings top £1m mark