Heartless thieves have stolen the memorial to a stillborn baby girl in a sickening theft.
Sussex Police are appealing for information after a memorial to a baby girl was stolen in Telscombe Cliffs.
A white Arum lily had been planted in a rippled stone pot six years ago by a family in memory of their stillborn daughter.
The pot and four foot plant were taken from the front garden of a home in Telscombe Cliffs Way between 8.30pm and 9.30pm on Wednesday.
PC Anna Batchelor said: "This is a particularly upsetting crime for the victims.
"They desperately want the plant to be returned to them and are appealing to anyone who can help them get it back.
"Please keep a look out for the plant and the pot and contact us if you see them."
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 1206 of 11/07, email firstname.lastname@example.org
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- What happened to Penny's bags after her death? Family's plea to find dead mother's possessions
- Hate crimes soar by 40% in just a year
- Ukip claims to have up to 40% support
- Concern growing for missing woman last seen leaving home at 4am
- Father arrested and held in the cells overnight after daubing “lies lies lies” on Tory election poster