Centenarian rescued from house fire

Centenarian rescued from house fire

Centenarian rescued from house fire

First published in News
Last updated

Firefighters came to the rescue of a centenarian after a fire broke out in his kitchen.

Uckfield firefighters came to the rescue of a 100-year-old man from a fire in a property in Fletching last night.

Two crews were called to the remote property at 11.30pm and found a developing fire in the kitchen from a malfunctioning dishwasher.

As firefighters entered the building, the property’s occupier noticed that her elderly father was missing from his annexe.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus team quickly located him using a thermal imaging camera and brought him to safety.

He was given oxygen therapy at the scene before being taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree