Four teenagers have been arrested after a car was spotted being driven erratically around a beauty spot.
Sussex Police received reports of a maroon car being driven erratically, at speed and off-road at Wilsons Avenue and Sheepcote Valley in Brighton at just before 2.15pm on Sunday.
The police helicopter was also deployed to keep tracks on the Mitsubishi car which was eventually found near Alan Way.
Four youths who had run off from the vehicle were swiftly detained by officers on the ground.
The 14-year-old and 13-year-old from Brighton have since been released on bail until August 12 while a 15-year-old from Brighton and the 14-year-old from Hastings were bailed until August 24.
All four were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to phone Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting serial 917 of 20/7.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- UPDATE: Pair of "soulmates" and friend still fighting for lives after late night crash
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist seriously injured in hit and run three vehicle crash
- Scam gang conned elderly out of £250k
- Ten things to do in Sussex this weekend
- Builders divert Victorian sewer pipe under i360 site