Firefighters stumble across cannabis farm

Firefighters stumble across cannabis farm

Firefighters stumble across cannabis farm

First published in News

Firefighters attending a flat fire stumbled across a cannabis farm.

Crews from Preston Circus forced their way into a flat in Lewes Road, Brighton, to tackle a blaze to find two rooms turned into a cannabis factory.

A neighbour alerted the emergency services at 9.40pm last night after seeing smoke coming out of a window.

Firefighters said that the blaze started with an electrical fault in some of the equipment used to turn the flat into a small-scale drug factory.

Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus and using a hose reel put out the fire in an incident which took them about one hour and 20 minutes to resolve.

Sussex Police officers remain at the scene this morning.

One firefighter told The Argus: “We forced our way into the flat to find two of the rooms converted to grow cannabis plants.

“The two rooms were about half full with these plants.

“The floorboards and part of the wall were very badly damaged and some of the plants.

“There was a very strong smell both inside and outside the flat.”

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:12am Tue 22 Jul 14

rogerthefish says...

What a great shout, and they all came back laughing.
What a great shout, and they all came back laughing. rogerthefish
  • Score: 20

10:36am Tue 22 Jul 14

lindaf says...

rogerthefish wrote:
What a great shout, and they all came back laughing.
And they had the munchies!!!
[quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: What a great shout, and they all came back laughing.[/p][/quote]And they had the munchies!!! lindaf
  • Score: 5

4:16pm Tue 22 Jul 14

spa301 says...

rogerthefish wrote:
What a great shout, and they all came back laughing.
After they'd finished stumbling.
[quote][p][bold]rogerthefish[/bold] wrote: What a great shout, and they all came back laughing.[/p][/quote]After they'd finished stumbling. spa301
  • Score: 2

8:33pm Tue 22 Jul 14

NickBrt says...

It was only for personal use as it's very helpful in alleviating arthritis, leave people alone.
It was only for personal use as it's very helpful in alleviating arthritis, leave people alone. NickBrt
  • Score: -1

11:45pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Dr Martin says...

good news that they found it
good news that they found it Dr Martin
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree