Firefighters deal with electrial blaze in Portslade

Firefighters deal with electrial blaze

Firefighters deal with electrial blaze

First published in News

Flames shot up from a manhole cover after a short circuit. The fire, believed to be electrical, happened in Station Road, Portslade.

A fire crew from Newhaven, covering at Roedean because of the day’s extreme weather, put the fire out using a dry extinguisher at 7.30am on Monday.

The fire is believed to have been caused by flood water entering electrics under the pavement.

Richard Fowler, of East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service, said: “Such fires are normally caused by excess water entering underground electrical boxes, which causes a short circuit and a fire.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree