Police are appealing to anyone who can help them establish a man's final hours before he died in a road accident.
Adam Zachary Rice, 21, was hit by a vehicle on the A27 at Falmer in the early hours of July 5 and died in hospital the next day.
Adam, from California in the US, was studying with the International Summer School at Sussex University.
PC Kelly Newton, who is leading the investigation into his death, said: "We know Adam had been outside Shooshh nightclub on the Kings Road Arches in Brighton around midnight on July 5.
“We want to speak to anyone who was with him and knows how he got back to the A27 near to the university by 1am.
“We are trying to piece together what Adam had been doing and his movements in the hours before he was involved in the collision.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Operation Telemark.
- UPDATE: Pavilion Gardens in Brighton sealed off after man stabbed in the back
- Volunteers needed for Brighton's Color Run this afternoon
- Parents’ shock at STI tests offered to 15-year-olds in Brighton and Hove schools
- What could be the lasting impact of the Scottish referendum for the people of Sussex be?
- Sussex MP blasts 10% pay rise which would add £7k to their salaries as ‘out of touch’