Police are appealing for witnesses following a mass brawl involving up to 50 people.
One police officer was injured while helping to break up the fight in Dorsten Square, Bewbush, Crawley.
Seven people were arrested for various offences and have all now been released on bail while investigations continue in the incident, which happened on Sunday evening.
District police commander, Chief Inspector Justina Beeken, said: "I appeal for anyone in the area to come forward if they witnessed the event, as I ask all residents of Crawley to report crimes to the police.
"I will not tolerate this type of behaviour in Crawley.
"We are working with our partners in Crawley Borough Council and from other agencies to tackle the issues that have caused this incident.
“We are appealing for calm and for members of the community to assist us in resolving any tensions."
Chris Oxlade, council cabinet member for community engagement, said: "A lot of positive work takes place in Bewbush and the neighbourhood has a great sense of community.
“We will not allow the minority to jeopardise this for the majority."
Witnesses or anyone else with information, are asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email
email@example.com quoting serial 1628 of 27/07.
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder after body discovered in flat
- Road closed after serious crash involving Vauxhall Corsa and parked vehicle
- Police issue safety warning after mystery motorist playing guitar caught on camera
- ‘Beautiful brave Sam’ loses her battle for life
- Weather warning issued - expect strong winds today