Man rescues neighbour from fire

Man rescues neighbour from fire

Man rescues neighbour from fire

First published in News
Last updated

A man rescued his neighbour from a burning flat early this morning.

The alarm was raised shortly before 1am when a blaze broke out in a ground floor flat in Manor Way, Elmer, near Bognor.

Firefighters arrived to find the flat, which is in a two-storey building, well alight.

The neighbour had already managed to get the man out of the building but both had suffered smoke inhalation and burns and were taken to hospital.

Two crews from Bognor and two from Littlehampton were needed to tackle the blaze, which was eventually put out just after 3am.

The flat was badly damaged and investigations are continuing to find out how the fire started.

 

 

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:21am Fri 8 Aug 14

Farawaynow says...

Good neighbour - more like him please.
Good neighbour - more like him please. Farawaynow
  • Score: 7

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree