Sussex cricket star to challenge teen sex conviction

Uday Joshi

Uday Joshi

First published in News by

A former Sussex cricket star is challenging his conviction for molesting a teenage fan in 1979.

Former county batsman Uday Joshi was jailed for six years in 2012 for sexually abusing a 13-year-old Ulster boy.

An application against the conviction has been lodged with the Criminal Cases Review Commission and Mr Joshi’s lawyers have been told an investigating officer will be put on his case in the next two months.

Belfast Crown Court were told in 2012 that the 69-year-old, who played 88 times for Sussex after arriving on a trial from India in 1969, used cricket to get closer to the boy by taking him to Edgbaston and regaling him with tales of playing with England legends Tony Greig and Geoff Boycott.

Jurors, who convicted him on a majority verdict, were told that Mr Joshi twice had sexual relations with the boy in the home of the youngster’s grandmother when Mr Joshi was coaching at a cricket club.

Private Eye reported this week that Mr Joshi’s solicitors have a dossier highlighting new evidence that “undermines” the case.

Doubts were raised over the conviction because the original police file dating from a first complaint in 1998 has gone missing and the teenager’s grandmother, who may have been a key witness in the case, had died before it went to trial.

A Criminal Case Review Commission spokesman said Mr Joshi’s submission had been through an initial inquiry.

He added: “The case needs to be allocated to a case review.”

In representations sent to the review seen by The Argus, Mr Joshi’s solicitors argue his conviction highlights the prejudice that exists in respect of child sexual abuse which creates difficulties for preserving the right to a fair trial .

The legal papers state that: “[Mr Joshi] had over the years been involved with young people and no allegations of any impropriety on his part has ever been made from anywhere in the world.

“However, he finds himself convicted of serious sexual offences against one individual, whose evidence before the jury was inconsistent, unreliable and where he fabricated his evidence, admitting to telling lies.”

Comments (47)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:54am Sat 9 Aug 14

Martin999 says...

And yet a jury of ten people who after listening to all the evidence found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
And yet a jury of ten people who after listening to all the evidence found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Martin999
  • Score: 18

8:00am Sat 9 Aug 14

matlock says...

Martin999 wrote:
And yet a jury of ten people who after listening to all the evidence found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
...based upon the evidence as presented by the prosecution. If the evidence was flawed, the jury's decision must therefore be flawed.
[quote][p][bold]Martin999[/bold] wrote: And yet a jury of ten people who after listening to all the evidence found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.[/p][/quote]...based upon the evidence as presented by the prosecution. If the evidence was flawed, the jury's decision must therefore be flawed. matlock
  • Score: -18

9:14am Sat 9 Aug 14

Max Ripple says...

Martin999 wrote:
And yet a jury of ten people who after listening to all the evidence found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
No, a jury of ten didn't find this. "A majority verdict" is what it was. That might have been six to four.
[quote][p][bold]Martin999[/bold] wrote: And yet a jury of ten people who after listening to all the evidence found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.[/p][/quote]No, a jury of ten didn't find this. "A majority verdict" is what it was. That might have been six to four. Max Ripple
  • Score: -15

9:44am Sat 9 Aug 14

Martin999 says...

Sorry Max, you couldn't be more wrong. In legal terms a majority verdict is when a judge says he is prepared to accept the verdict of at least ten members of a twelve man jury. Failure of the jury to reach a verdict of at least 10 members will result in a retrial.
Sorry Max, you couldn't be more wrong. In legal terms a majority verdict is when a judge says he is prepared to accept the verdict of at least ten members of a twelve man jury. Failure of the jury to reach a verdict of at least 10 members will result in a retrial. Martin999
  • Score: 19

1:37pm Sat 9 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

I feel sick...
I feel sick... Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: 0

1:38pm Sat 9 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...
Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man... Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: 0

8:30pm Sat 9 Aug 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

So the defence team having been raking around trying to find anything they can to discount the victim I expect. Never mind the fact of what this man did.

It must have been a horrific abuse for him to have been jailed for 6 years unless this isn't the first time of course?
So the defence team having been raking around trying to find anything they can to discount the victim I expect. Never mind the fact of what this man did. It must have been a horrific abuse for him to have been jailed for 6 years unless this isn't the first time of course? getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 5

10:05pm Sat 9 Aug 14

hoveguyactually says...

Well, there have been plenty of cases of wrongful convictions in this country, and several have involved a witness giving false evidence.
Well, there have been plenty of cases of wrongful convictions in this country, and several have involved a witness giving false evidence. hoveguyactually
  • Score: -12

11:40pm Sat 9 Aug 14

matlock says...

Reading some of the comments on here, I seriously doubt whether trial by jury is capable of ever delivering a safe verdict.
Reading some of the comments on here, I seriously doubt whether trial by jury is capable of ever delivering a safe verdict. matlock
  • Score: -6

11:41pm Sat 9 Aug 14

matlock says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...
Have you actually read the article?
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...[/p][/quote]Have you actually read the article? matlock
  • Score: -7

8:42am Sun 10 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

matlock wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...
Have you actually read the article?
Yes, I did read the article, and I'm sick to the core. I myself will NEVER stick-up for connvicted you-know-whats...
[quote][p][bold]matlock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...[/p][/quote]Have you actually read the article?[/p][/quote]Yes, I did read the article, and I'm sick to the core. I myself will NEVER stick-up for connvicted you-know-whats... Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: 2

8:54am Sun 10 Aug 14

Goldenwight says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
matlock wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...
Have you actually read the article?
Yes, I did read the article, and I'm sick to the core. I myself will NEVER stick-up for connvicted you-know-whats...
So, by your own admission- plagued by your own bigotry and not interestd in justice. Which Church do you ttend, sgin?
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]matlock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...[/p][/quote]Have you actually read the article?[/p][/quote]Yes, I did read the article, and I'm sick to the core. I myself will NEVER stick-up for connvicted you-know-whats...[/p][/quote]So, by your own admission- plagued by your own bigotry and not interestd in justice. Which Church do you ttend, sgin? Goldenwight
  • Score: -6

9:03am Sun 10 Aug 14

matlock says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
matlock wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...
Have you actually read the article?
Yes, I did read the article, and I'm sick to the core. I myself will NEVER stick-up for connvicted you-know-whats...
So are you saying that if it transpires that they were wrongly convicted based upon the fabricated evidence of one witness, you would still be shouting "GUILTY!"?
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]matlock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Sorry, I just also have to say, Dirty, dirty man...[/p][/quote]Have you actually read the article?[/p][/quote]Yes, I did read the article, and I'm sick to the core. I myself will NEVER stick-up for connvicted you-know-whats...[/p][/quote]So are you saying that if it transpires that they were wrongly convicted based upon the fabricated evidence of one witness, you would still be shouting "GUILTY!"? matlock
  • Score: -5

9:27am Sun 10 Aug 14

Honda driver says...

Matlock.........yes you're right.........come to think of it Jimmy Savil was probably innocent......and Paul Gadd......and Rolf Harris........and...
.....
Matlock.........yes you're right.........come to think of it Jimmy Savil was probably innocent......and Paul Gadd......and Rolf Harris........and... ..... Honda driver
  • Score: -4

9:34am Sun 10 Aug 14

Honda driver says...

The legal papers state that: “ had over the years been involved with young people and no allegations of any impropriety on his part has ever been made from anywhere in the world."
Well, that's proof enough for me. He couldn't possibly have done it.
Or could it be that many children are too frightened to complain.
The legal papers state that: “[Mr Joshi] had over the years been involved with young people and no allegations of any impropriety on his part has ever been made from anywhere in the world." Well, that's proof enough for me. He couldn't possibly have done it. Or could it be that many children are too frightened to complain. Honda driver
  • Score: 5

10:44am Sun 10 Aug 14

matlock says...

Honda driver wrote:
Matlock.........yes you're right.........come to think of it Jimmy Savil was probably innocent......and Paul Gadd......and Rolf Harris........and...

.....
A jury has to reach a verdict based upon the evidence before them. In this case, the validity of the evidence is being called into question, and therefore, so is the validity of the verdict.

Of course I am not suggesting that all cases are the same, otherwise why would we bother with individual trials at all?
[quote][p][bold]Honda driver[/bold] wrote: Matlock.........yes you're right.........come to think of it Jimmy Savil was probably innocent......and Paul Gadd......and Rolf Harris........and... .....[/p][/quote]A jury has to reach a verdict based upon the evidence before them. In this case, the validity of the evidence is being called into question, and therefore, so is the validity of the verdict. Of course I am not suggesting that all cases are the same, otherwise why would we bother with individual trials at all? matlock
  • Score: -1

5:21pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

People like matlock and goldenwight would not be received at my house under any circumstances.

Convicted paedophiles do not deserve apologists.

By the way, prisons are full of people who "never did nothing."
People like matlock and goldenwight would not be received at my house under any circumstances. Convicted paedophiles do not deserve apologists. By the way, prisons are full of people who "never did nothing." Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: 2

12:08am Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence.

If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction?

He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.
So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence. If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction? He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him. stevo!!
  • Score: -2

9:52am Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

stevo!! wrote:
So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence.

If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction?

He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.
Racist troll
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence. If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction? He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.[/p][/quote]Racist troll Andy R
  • Score: 0

10:05am Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
People like matlock and goldenwight would not be received at my house under any circumstances.

Convicted paedophiles do not deserve apologists.

By the way, prisons are full of people who "never did nothing."
"People like matlock and goldenwight would not be received at my house under any circumstances."

I'm sure they'll be absolutely gutted about that.....
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: People like matlock and goldenwight would not be received at my house under any circumstances. Convicted paedophiles do not deserve apologists. By the way, prisons are full of people who "never did nothing."[/p][/quote]"People like matlock and goldenwight would not be received at my house under any circumstances." I'm sure they'll be absolutely gutted about that..... Andy R
  • Score: 0

10:37am Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence.

If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction?

He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.
Racist troll
There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence. If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction? He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.[/p][/quote]Racist troll[/p][/quote]There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture. stevo!!
  • Score: 0

10:40am Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence.

If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction?

He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.
Racist troll
There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.
What "culture" would that be then, Stevo?
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence. If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction? He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.[/p][/quote]Racist troll[/p][/quote]There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.[/p][/quote]What "culture" would that be then, Stevo? Andy R
  • Score: 0

10:45am Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence.

If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction?

He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.
Racist troll
There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.
What "culture" would that be then, Stevo?
Any culture, obviously.
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence. If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction? He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.[/p][/quote]Racist troll[/p][/quote]There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.[/p][/quote]What "culture" would that be then, Stevo?[/p][/quote]Any culture, obviously. stevo!!
  • Score: 0

11:00am Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence.

If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction?

He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.
Racist troll
There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.
What "culture" would that be then, Stevo?
Any culture, obviously.
But what culture are you referring to in this instance?
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence. If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction? He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.[/p][/quote]Racist troll[/p][/quote]There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.[/p][/quote]What "culture" would that be then, Stevo?[/p][/quote]Any culture, obviously.[/p][/quote]But what culture are you referring to in this instance? Andy R
  • Score: 0

11:12am Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence.

If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction?

He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.
Racist troll
There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.
What "culture" would that be then, Stevo?
Any culture, obviously.
But what culture are you referring to in this instance?
You've already quoted me referring to the culture in question.

Another example of you not understanding your own post?

Oh dear.
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: So an earlier complaint was thrown out due to a missing file, yet this perv was subsequently convicted using different evidence. If the witness was caught lying, why the conviction? He comes from a culture where child sex is the norm. I have no sympathy for him.[/p][/quote]Racist troll[/p][/quote]There is nothing racist about talking about the characteristics of different culture.[/p][/quote]What "culture" would that be then, Stevo?[/p][/quote]Any culture, obviously.[/p][/quote]But what culture are you referring to in this instance?[/p][/quote]You've already quoted me referring to the culture in question. Another example of you not understanding your own post? Oh dear. stevo!!
  • Score: 0

11:20am Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

But what culture? You haven't said.
But what culture? You haven't said. Andy R
  • Score: 0

11:22am Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
But what culture? You haven't said.
I don't need to say. The report makes it perfectly clear, and it was that to which I referred.

HTH
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: But what culture? You haven't said.[/p][/quote]I don't need to say. The report makes it perfectly clear, and it was that to which I referred. HTH stevo!!
  • Score: 0

11:35am Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

No, the report doesn't refer to it at all. So please help me out here.
No, the report doesn't refer to it at all. So please help me out here. Andy R
  • Score: 0

12:04pm Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
No, the report doesn't refer to it at all. So please help me out here.
The report clearly states his name and country of origin, and helpfully includes a picture of him for the terminally stupid who cannot read.

OED 'refer' - " Mention or allude to"

HTH
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: No, the report doesn't refer to it at all. So please help me out here.[/p][/quote]The report clearly states his name and country of origin, and helpfully includes a picture of him for the terminally stupid who cannot read. OED 'refer' - " Mention or allude to" HTH stevo!!
  • Score: 0

12:40pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

So just a racist then.
So just a racist then. Andy R
  • Score: 0

1:23pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

I do have to admit, on reflection, he doesn't look like a paedo which is my usual litmus test...
I do have to admit, on reflection, he doesn't look like a paedo which is my usual litmus test... Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: 1

1:56pm Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
So just a racist then.
Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist.

Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: So just a racist then.[/p][/quote]Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist. Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased. stevo!!
  • Score: 0

2:12pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
So just a racist then.
Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist.

Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.
Yeah it is. Since you don't want to be specific about what "culture" you're referring to, people are entitled to draw the appropriate conclusion.
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: So just a racist then.[/p][/quote]Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist. Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.[/p][/quote]Yeah it is. Since you don't want to be specific about what "culture" you're referring to, people are entitled to draw the appropriate conclusion. Andy R
  • Score: 0

2:17pm Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
So just a racist then.
Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist.

Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.
Yeah it is. Since you don't want to be specific about what "culture" you're referring to, people are entitled to draw the appropriate conclusion.
The culture in question was specified in the report, and those with intelligence will have spotted that.

You are free to make any accusations you like, but when they aren't founded on fact, you're simply pointing out what an ignorant bigot you are.

You're welcome.
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: So just a racist then.[/p][/quote]Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist. Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.[/p][/quote]Yeah it is. Since you don't want to be specific about what "culture" you're referring to, people are entitled to draw the appropriate conclusion.[/p][/quote]The culture in question was specified in the report, and those with intelligence will have spotted that. You are free to make any accusations you like, but when they aren't founded on fact, you're simply pointing out what an ignorant bigot you are. You're welcome. stevo!!
  • Score: 0

3:02pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Andy R says...

stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
So just a racist then.
Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist.

Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.
Yeah it is. Since you don't want to be specific about what "culture" you're referring to, people are entitled to draw the appropriate conclusion.
The culture in question was specified in the report, and those with intelligence will have spotted that.

You are free to make any accusations you like, but when they aren't founded on fact, you're simply pointing out what an ignorant bigot you are.

You're welcome.
Oh I know, I know. I'm terribly slow on the uptake. I'm really sorry. But if you can point to the specific paragraph in the report which refers to this man's culture, it would clarify things even for a fool like me. I do hope you can help me out.
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: So just a racist then.[/p][/quote]Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist. Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.[/p][/quote]Yeah it is. Since you don't want to be specific about what "culture" you're referring to, people are entitled to draw the appropriate conclusion.[/p][/quote]The culture in question was specified in the report, and those with intelligence will have spotted that. You are free to make any accusations you like, but when they aren't founded on fact, you're simply pointing out what an ignorant bigot you are. You're welcome.[/p][/quote]Oh I know, I know. I'm terribly slow on the uptake. I'm really sorry. But if you can point to the specific paragraph in the report which refers to this man's culture, it would clarify things even for a fool like me. I do hope you can help me out. Andy R
  • Score: 0

4:28pm Mon 11 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
Andy R wrote:
So just a racist then.
Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist.

Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.
Yeah it is. Since you don't want to be specific about what "culture" you're referring to, people are entitled to draw the appropriate conclusion.
The culture in question was specified in the report, and those with intelligence will have spotted that.

You are free to make any accusations you like, but when they aren't founded on fact, you're simply pointing out what an ignorant bigot you are.

You're welcome.
Oh I know, I know. I'm terribly slow on the uptake. I'm really sorry. But if you can point to the specific paragraph in the report which refers to this man's culture, it would clarify things even for a fool like me. I do hope you can help me out.
Admitting that you're a fool is a step in the right direction, even though you had already been told that you are one.

You now need to do something about it.
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: So just a racist then.[/p][/quote]Talking about someone's culture or nationality isn't racist. Look at what you've learned today - you should be pleased.[/p][/quote]Yeah it is. Since you don't want to be specific about what "culture" you're referring to, people are entitled to draw the appropriate conclusion.[/p][/quote]The culture in question was specified in the report, and those with intelligence will have spotted that. You are free to make any accusations you like, but when they aren't founded on fact, you're simply pointing out what an ignorant bigot you are. You're welcome.[/p][/quote]Oh I know, I know. I'm terribly slow on the uptake. I'm really sorry. But if you can point to the specific paragraph in the report which refers to this man's culture, it would clarify things even for a fool like me. I do hope you can help me out.[/p][/quote]Admitting that you're a fool is a step in the right direction, even though you had already been told that you are one. You now need to do something about it. stevo!!
  • Score: 0

8:42am Tue 12 Aug 14

Andy R says...

So no chance of you helping me out with that specific paragraph then....?
So no chance of you helping me out with that specific paragraph then....? Andy R
  • Score: 0

12:20pm Tue 12 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
So no chance of you helping me out with that specific paragraph then....?
There is every chance I can help you on this.

Simply quote the paragraph in question and ask the questions that will indicate precisely the info you require.
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: So no chance of you helping me out with that specific paragraph then....?[/p][/quote]There is every chance I can help you on this. Simply quote the paragraph in question and ask the questions that will indicate precisely the info you require. stevo!!
  • Score: 0

1:01pm Tue 12 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

" LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown

its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison

sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. "

Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along.

HTH
" LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. " Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along. HTH stevo!!
  • Score: 0

10:43am Wed 13 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

stevo!! wrote:
" LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown

its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison

sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. "

Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along.

HTH
You will never get through to people like Andy et al ; they are far more interested in being politically correct rather than daring to occasionally face the truth, that just occasionally people from minority groups may commit the odd crime.

Ironically enough, very often such comments are actually more about these posters being keen to prop-up and continually publish their own holier-than-thou 'tolerance and compassion' credentials than genuinely caring about the people they are ostensibly defending.

That's the truly saddest thing: It's all about the various posters' self-esteem...
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: " LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. " Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along. HTH[/p][/quote]You will never get through to people like Andy et al ; they are far more interested in being politically correct rather than daring to occasionally face the truth, that just occasionally people from minority groups may commit the odd crime. Ironically enough, very often such comments are actually more about these posters being keen to prop-up and continually publish their own holier-than-thou 'tolerance and compassion' credentials than genuinely caring about the people they are ostensibly defending. That's the truly saddest thing: It's all about the various posters' self-esteem... Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: 2

11:18am Wed 13 Aug 14

Andy R says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
" LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown

its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison

sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. "

Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along.

HTH
You will never get through to people like Andy et al ; they are far more interested in being politically correct rather than daring to occasionally face the truth, that just occasionally people from minority groups may commit the odd crime.

Ironically enough, very often such comments are actually more about these posters being keen to prop-up and continually publish their own holier-than-thou 'tolerance and compassion' credentials than genuinely caring about the people they are ostensibly defending.

That's the truly saddest thing: It's all about the various posters' self-esteem...
Where did I say that people from minority groups don't commit crimes? If you're going to join in do try and read up on what's been said so far.

Anyway....looks like Stevo's answered the question anyway. All Indians are child rapists.....but that shouldn't be taken to be in any way racist........
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: " LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. " Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along. HTH[/p][/quote]You will never get through to people like Andy et al ; they are far more interested in being politically correct rather than daring to occasionally face the truth, that just occasionally people from minority groups may commit the odd crime. Ironically enough, very often such comments are actually more about these posters being keen to prop-up and continually publish their own holier-than-thou 'tolerance and compassion' credentials than genuinely caring about the people they are ostensibly defending. That's the truly saddest thing: It's all about the various posters' self-esteem...[/p][/quote]Where did I say that people from minority groups don't commit crimes? If you're going to join in do try and read up on what's been said so far. Anyway....looks like Stevo's answered the question anyway. All Indians are child rapists.....but that shouldn't be taken to be in any way racist........ Andy R
  • Score: -1

11:23am Wed 13 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Andy R wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
" LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown

its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison

sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. "

Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along.

HTH
You will never get through to people like Andy et al ; they are far more interested in being politically correct rather than daring to occasionally face the truth, that just occasionally people from minority groups may commit the odd crime.

Ironically enough, very often such comments are actually more about these posters being keen to prop-up and continually publish their own holier-than-thou 'tolerance and compassion' credentials than genuinely caring about the people they are ostensibly defending.

That's the truly saddest thing: It's all about the various posters' self-esteem...
Where did I say that people from minority groups don't commit crimes? If you're going to join in do try and read up on what's been said so far.

Anyway....looks like Stevo's answered the question anyway. All Indians are child rapists.....but that shouldn't be taken to be in any way racist........
" All Indians are child rapists.....but that shouldn't be taken to be in any way racist........"

But your statement IS racist, Andy.

So after all that time when you accused others of racism despite having no evidence, you finally admit that YOU'RE the racist here.
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: " LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. " Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along. HTH[/p][/quote]You will never get through to people like Andy et al ; they are far more interested in being politically correct rather than daring to occasionally face the truth, that just occasionally people from minority groups may commit the odd crime. Ironically enough, very often such comments are actually more about these posters being keen to prop-up and continually publish their own holier-than-thou 'tolerance and compassion' credentials than genuinely caring about the people they are ostensibly defending. That's the truly saddest thing: It's all about the various posters' self-esteem...[/p][/quote]Where did I say that people from minority groups don't commit crimes? If you're going to join in do try and read up on what's been said so far. Anyway....looks like Stevo's answered the question anyway. All Indians are child rapists.....but that shouldn't be taken to be in any way racist........[/p][/quote]" All Indians are child rapists.....but that shouldn't be taken to be in any way racist........" But your statement IS racist, Andy. So after all that time when you accused others of racism despite having no evidence, you finally admit that YOU'RE the racist here. stevo!!
  • Score: -2

12:09pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

Andy R wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
stevo!! wrote:
" LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown

its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison

sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. "

Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along.

HTH
You will never get through to people like Andy et al ; they are far more interested in being politically correct rather than daring to occasionally face the truth, that just occasionally people from minority groups may commit the odd crime.

Ironically enough, very often such comments are actually more about these posters being keen to prop-up and continually publish their own holier-than-thou 'tolerance and compassion' credentials than genuinely caring about the people they are ostensibly defending.

That's the truly saddest thing: It's all about the various posters' self-esteem...
Where did I say that people from minority groups don't commit crimes? If you're going to join in do try and read up on what's been said so far.

Anyway....looks like Stevo's answered the question anyway. All Indians are child rapists.....but that shouldn't be taken to be in any way racist........
It's all about you.

Heart-breaking...
[quote][p][bold]Andy R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: " LONDON Against Injustice, an organization that supports victims of a miscarriage of justice, has thrown its weight behind the case of the former Indian cricketer Uday Joshi who is serving a six year prison sentence for molesting a 13-year old boy in Belfast in 1979. " Goodness....it turns out that he was Indian all along. HTH[/p][/quote]You will never get through to people like Andy et al ; they are far more interested in being politically correct rather than daring to occasionally face the truth, that just occasionally people from minority groups may commit the odd crime. Ironically enough, very often such comments are actually more about these posters being keen to prop-up and continually publish their own holier-than-thou 'tolerance and compassion' credentials than genuinely caring about the people they are ostensibly defending. That's the truly saddest thing: It's all about the various posters' self-esteem...[/p][/quote]Where did I say that people from minority groups don't commit crimes? If you're going to join in do try and read up on what's been said so far. Anyway....looks like Stevo's answered the question anyway. All Indians are child rapists.....but that shouldn't be taken to be in any way racist........[/p][/quote]It's all about you. Heart-breaking... Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: -3

2:14pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Stoves says...

You guys are so mature! Its lovely to see.
You guys are so mature! Its lovely to see. Stoves
  • Score: -6

4:50pm Wed 13 Aug 14

stevo!! says...

Stoves wrote:
You guys are so mature! Its lovely to see.
Andy R has been exposed as a racist...I call that a result, so quit your whining.
[quote][p][bold]Stoves[/bold] wrote: You guys are so mature! Its lovely to see.[/p][/quote]Andy R has been exposed as a racist...I call that a result, so quit your whining. stevo!!
  • Score: -6

7:43pm Sat 16 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

stevo!! wrote:
Stoves wrote:
You guys are so mature! Its lovely to see.
Andy R has been exposed as a racist...I call that a result, so quit your whining.
Perhaps that's why Andy demanded clarification of where this paedo is from?

He wanted to be sure before making that racist comment about Indians.
[quote][p][bold]stevo!![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stoves[/bold] wrote: You guys are so mature! Its lovely to see.[/p][/quote]Andy R has been exposed as a racist...I call that a result, so quit your whining.[/p][/quote]Perhaps that's why Andy demanded clarification of where this paedo is from? He wanted to be sure before making that racist comment about Indians. notslimjim
  • Score: 0

12:26pm Thu 21 Aug 14

Youłikemyjugs says...

This thread has become very nasty and I regret my part in it. I do not know the facts and regret my comments. Everyone is entitled to appeal their convictions.
This thread has become very nasty and I regret my part in it. I do not know the facts and regret my comments. Everyone is entitled to appeal their convictions. Youłikemyjugs
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree