Nursing home residents evacuated after tumble dryer fire

Nursing home residents evacuated after tumble dryer fire

Nursing home residents evacuated after tumble dryer fire

First published in News

Elderly residents at a nursing home were evacuated late at night after laundry caught fire in a tumble dryer.

Residents at Heath Hill Lodge nursing home in Heath Hill Avenue, Bevendean, Brighton, were asked to evacuate the building shortly after 10.30pm last night (Sunday).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service was called to put out the small blaze, which started when clothing inside the machine caught fire.

There were no reported injuries.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:01pm Mon 18 Aug 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

Looks like the person doing the laundry is either badly trained or lazy.

Most fires start in tumble driers. They should have the lint removed every day.

Shame on the owners of this home for allowing this to happen. Too busy making a profit are you?
Looks like the person doing the laundry is either badly trained or lazy. Most fires start in tumble driers. They should have the lint removed every day. Shame on the owners of this home for allowing this to happen. Too busy making a profit are you? getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree