Boy racially abuses bus driver for refusing to accept invalid ticket

CCTV of the boy police are seeking

CCTV of the boy police are seeking

First published in News
Last updated

A boy climbed aboard a bus and racially abused the driver for refusing to accept his ticket.

The Stagecoach bus driver was in Endwell Road, Bexhill, when a boy and a girl boarded the bus and tried to use tickets that were not valid at about 5.55pm on Friday 18 July.

When the driver told them so he was racially abused by the boy before both children got off the bus and left.

Inspector Lee Lyons said: "We have been trying to identify the boy in the CCTV so we can speak to him but have not had any luck so far.

"A number of passengers were on the bus and would have heard the racist abuse and we are hoping some of them could come forward to tell us what they saw and heard.

"Although this happened a few weeks ago, it is such a striking incident that I still believe those who were there will remember it."

Anyone with information should email 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk, call 101 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

 

Comments (58)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:18pm Mon 18 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

'Racially abused'

Grow a pair!
'Racially abused' Grow a pair! notslimjim
  • Score: -32

7:51pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse.

The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal.

Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...
Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse. The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal. Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s... Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: 21

8:23pm Mon 18 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse.

The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal.

Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...
Or he may also be a responsible citizen.

We don't know.

Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse. The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal. Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...[/p][/quote]Or he may also be a responsible citizen. We don't know. Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you. notslimjim
  • Score: -101

8:26pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

notslimjim wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse.

The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal.

Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...
Or he may also be a responsible citizen.

We don't know.

Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.
I don't communicate with the boring or illiterate.
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse. The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal. Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...[/p][/quote]Or he may also be a responsible citizen. We don't know. Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.[/p][/quote]I don't communicate with the boring or illiterate. Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: -72

8:28pm Mon 18 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse.

The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal.

Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...
Or he may also be a responsible citizen.

We don't know.

Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.
I don't communicate with the boring or illiterate.
Well, you certainly communicated your thoughts to me, so thank you for not including me in either group.
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse. The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal. Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...[/p][/quote]Or he may also be a responsible citizen. We don't know. Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.[/p][/quote]I don't communicate with the boring or illiterate.[/p][/quote]Well, you certainly communicated your thoughts to me, so thank you for not including me in either group. notslimjim
  • Score: -42

8:36pm Mon 18 Aug 14

UglyAmerican says...

Considering all the recent advances in camera technology, why is it every single CCTV photo released by police looks like it was filmed using a potato?
Considering all the recent advances in camera technology, why is it every single CCTV photo released by police looks like it was filmed using a potato? UglyAmerican
  • Score: 59

8:37pm Mon 18 Aug 14

RootyRoo says...

Name and shame this little brat when he gets caught. Also, ban him from all public transport.
Name and shame this little brat when he gets caught. Also, ban him from all public transport. RootyRoo
  • Score: -19

8:43pm Mon 18 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary.


Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification.

It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.
Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary. Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification. It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer. notslimjim
  • Score: -11

9:52pm Mon 18 Aug 14

brighton bluenose says...

notslimjim wrote:
Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary.


Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification.

It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.
They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!!
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary. Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification. It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.[/p][/quote]They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!! brighton bluenose
  • Score: -3

9:56pm Mon 18 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary.


Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification.

It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.
They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!!
If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.
[quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary. Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification. It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.[/p][/quote]They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!![/p][/quote]If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable. notslimjim
  • Score: -3

9:58pm Mon 18 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

notslimjim wrote:
brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary.


Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification.

It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.
They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!!
If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.
*inadmissible* not 'inapplicable'.
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary. Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification. It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.[/p][/quote]They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!![/p][/quote]If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.[/p][/quote]*inadmissible* not 'inapplicable'. notslimjim
  • Score: -5

10:23pm Mon 18 Aug 14

gaay buoy says...

Even the slightest mention of the word 'racism' and
all the liberal luvvies start getting hysterical and wetting
themselves LOL Bless 'em they don't even realise that
the people concerned don't even care.Idiots
Even the slightest mention of the word 'racism' and all the liberal luvvies start getting hysterical and wetting themselves LOL Bless 'em they don't even realise that the people concerned don't even care.Idiots gaay buoy
  • Score: 61

10:41pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Tr1stan says...

notslimjim wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse.

The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal.

Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...
Or he may also be a responsible citizen.

We don't know.

Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.
I don't communicate with the boring or illiterate.
Well, you certainly communicated your thoughts to me, so thank you for not including me in either group.
Lol
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse. The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal. Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...[/p][/quote]Or he may also be a responsible citizen. We don't know. Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.[/p][/quote]I don't communicate with the boring or illiterate.[/p][/quote]Well, you certainly communicated your thoughts to me, so thank you for not including me in either group.[/p][/quote]Lol Tr1stan
  • Score: 20

10:44pm Mon 18 Aug 14

brighton bluenose says...

notslimjim wrote:
brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary.


Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification.

It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.
They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!!
If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.
You are wrong and no doubt deliberately missing my point!
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary. Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification. It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.[/p][/quote]They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!![/p][/quote]If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.[/p][/quote]You are wrong and no doubt deliberately missing my point! brighton bluenose
  • Score: 0

12:02am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary.


Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification.

It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.
They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!!
If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.
You are wrong and no doubt deliberately missing my point!
Your point didn't stand up to examination.
[quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary. Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification. It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.[/p][/quote]They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!![/p][/quote]If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.[/p][/quote]You are wrong and no doubt deliberately missing my point![/p][/quote]Your point didn't stand up to examination. notslimjim
  • Score: -10

12:13am Tue 19 Aug 14

whatsisname says...

little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..
little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me.. whatsisname
  • Score: 14

12:15am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

whatsisname wrote:
little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..
So your racism was beaten out of you?
[quote][p][bold]whatsisname[/bold] wrote: little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..[/p][/quote]So your racism was beaten out of you? notslimjim
  • Score: -13

12:24am Tue 19 Aug 14

brighton bluenose says...

notslimjim wrote:
brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary.


Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification.

It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.
They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!!
If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.
You are wrong and no doubt deliberately missing my point!
Your point didn't stand up to examination.
Just repeatedly saying something is wrong doesn't make it wrong!! I know enough about the law to know that they won't need an I'D parade and the request for witnesses is purely to confirm what was said.
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary. Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification. It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.[/p][/quote]They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!![/p][/quote]If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.[/p][/quote]You are wrong and no doubt deliberately missing my point![/p][/quote]Your point didn't stand up to examination.[/p][/quote]Just repeatedly saying something is wrong doesn't make it wrong!! I know enough about the law to know that they won't need an I'D parade and the request for witnesses is purely to confirm what was said. brighton bluenose
  • Score: 8

12:25am Tue 19 Aug 14

Motorcyclist says...

notslimjim wrote:
whatsisname wrote:
little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..
So your racism was beaten out of you?
notslimjim, stevo, pte...whatever.

You wil never rationalise your racism enough to convince anyone other than yourself that it is justified.

You really are a sad little man. I hope you can grow up some day.
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]whatsisname[/bold] wrote: little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..[/p][/quote]So your racism was beaten out of you?[/p][/quote]notslimjim, stevo, pte...whatever. You wil never rationalise your racism enough to convince anyone other than yourself that it is justified. You really are a sad little man. I hope you can grow up some day. Motorcyclist
  • Score: 13

12:25am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
brighton bluenose wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary.


Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification.

It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.
They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!!
If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.
You are wrong and no doubt deliberately missing my point!
Your point didn't stand up to examination.
Just repeatedly saying something is wrong doesn't make it wrong!! I know enough about the law to know that they won't need an I'D parade and the request for witnesses is purely to confirm what was said.
But how will the prosecution prove that the witnesses are talking about the same guy?
[quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brighton bluenose[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: Releasing this image will destroy any case against him based on ID parades should they be necessary. Even if other passengers heard the comment, their testimony will be worthless when it comes to identification. It'll be his word against the driver......no case to answer.[/p][/quote]They obviously don't need identification evidence because he is on the CITY do they?! However, they need verification evidence from other passengers to confirm what was said - simple really!![/p][/quote]If anyone comes forward as a witness, the defence will argue that as his image is already in the public domain, their "oh, that's the boy who made the comment" statement will be deemed inapplicable.[/p][/quote]You are wrong and no doubt deliberately missing my point![/p][/quote]Your point didn't stand up to examination.[/p][/quote]Just repeatedly saying something is wrong doesn't make it wrong!! I know enough about the law to know that they won't need an I'D parade and the request for witnesses is purely to confirm what was said.[/p][/quote]But how will the prosecution prove that the witnesses are talking about the same guy? notslimjim
  • Score: -8

12:27am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

Motorcyclist wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
whatsisname wrote:
little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..
So your racism was beaten out of you?
notslimjim, stevo, pte...whatever.

You wil never rationalise your racism enough to convince anyone other than yourself that it is justified.

You really are a sad little man. I hope you can grow up some day.
He was talking about his own racism.

What a shame I had to point that out to you. I assume your piston doesn't reach TDC.
[quote][p][bold]Motorcyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]whatsisname[/bold] wrote: little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..[/p][/quote]So your racism was beaten out of you?[/p][/quote]notslimjim, stevo, pte...whatever. You wil never rationalise your racism enough to convince anyone other than yourself that it is justified. You really are a sad little man. I hope you can grow up some day.[/p][/quote]He was talking about his own racism. What a shame I had to point that out to you. I assume your piston doesn't reach TDC. notslimjim
  • Score: -13

12:45am Tue 19 Aug 14

Motorcyclist says...

notslimjim wrote:
Motorcyclist wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
whatsisname wrote:
little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..
So your racism was beaten out of you?
notslimjim, stevo, pte...whatever.

You wil never rationalise your racism enough to convince anyone other than yourself that it is justified.

You really are a sad little man. I hope you can grow up some day.
He was talking about his own racism.

What a shame I had to point that out to you. I assume your piston doesn't reach TDC.
Unlike yours, my piston has never failed to satisfy.

You try to rationlise and justify your racism and islamophobia because you feel so physically impotent. Please grow a pair or get some therapy darling. Be a good little boy. Ha ha....
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Motorcyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]whatsisname[/bold] wrote: little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..[/p][/quote]So your racism was beaten out of you?[/p][/quote]notslimjim, stevo, pte...whatever. You wil never rationalise your racism enough to convince anyone other than yourself that it is justified. You really are a sad little man. I hope you can grow up some day.[/p][/quote]He was talking about his own racism. What a shame I had to point that out to you. I assume your piston doesn't reach TDC.[/p][/quote]Unlike yours, my piston has never failed to satisfy. You try to rationlise and justify your racism and islamophobia because you feel so physically impotent. Please grow a pair or get some therapy darling. Be a good little boy. Ha ha.... Motorcyclist
  • Score: 10

12:47am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

Motorcyclist wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Motorcyclist wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
whatsisname wrote:
little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..
So your racism was beaten out of you?
notslimjim, stevo, pte...whatever.

You wil never rationalise your racism enough to convince anyone other than yourself that it is justified.

You really are a sad little man. I hope you can grow up some day.
He was talking about his own racism.

What a shame I had to point that out to you. I assume your piston doesn't reach TDC.
Unlike yours, my piston has never failed to satisfy.

You try to rationlise and justify your racism and islamophobia because you feel so physically impotent. Please grow a pair or get some therapy darling. Be a good little boy. Ha ha....
I haven't said anything 'racist', and my comment referred to your (lack of) intelligence.

Shame you didn't spot that, either.
[quote][p][bold]Motorcyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Motorcyclist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]whatsisname[/bold] wrote: little @rsewipe, bring back the cane lol, worked for me..[/p][/quote]So your racism was beaten out of you?[/p][/quote]notslimjim, stevo, pte...whatever. You wil never rationalise your racism enough to convince anyone other than yourself that it is justified. You really are a sad little man. I hope you can grow up some day.[/p][/quote]He was talking about his own racism. What a shame I had to point that out to you. I assume your piston doesn't reach TDC.[/p][/quote]Unlike yours, my piston has never failed to satisfy. You try to rationlise and justify your racism and islamophobia because you feel so physically impotent. Please grow a pair or get some therapy darling. Be a good little boy. Ha ha....[/p][/quote]I haven't said anything 'racist', and my comment referred to your (lack of) intelligence. Shame you didn't spot that, either. notslimjim
  • Score: -15

1:18am Tue 19 Aug 14

Circuital says...

@notslimjim

" 1. "What would a successful prosecution achieve? An epiphany of some kind or a resentment which might lead to actual violence at some point in the future?"

"Perhaps. Or perhaps it might teach him to think twice before making such a comment. Would that be a bad thing? "

"We don't know."

- What a poorly thought-out response. We don't know whether prosecuting someone for any crime (should the investigation deem it to be so) will cause the them to react in a way which makes them want to exhibit further negative behaviour. However, in this country, such speculation doesn't stop us from pursuing a prosecution. That's the way the law works here. Are you a newcomer to the UK? If so, welcome!

2. "But how can you dislike an entire race? Does he know every single person of that race well enough to dislike them?"

"I suspect that knowledge of an entire race isn't required to know that you resent their existence in your country."

-Sorry, I must have missed the part in the story where it stated the boy was a citizen of the United Kingdom and the bus driver was not.

3. " But by showing respect to each other, we tend to form better social relationships. "

"So you think the boy secretly wants to have a social relationship with the bus driver. I'm not sure on what you based that, given he plainly disliked him on first meeting."

- I apologise. I assumed your understanding of the term 'social relationship' wasn't so limited. Perhaps you should expand your knowledge of simple, English phrases? Night-classes to learn basic English are still available I think.

4. "There was no suggestion of intended harassment."

- Absolutely, but having not being present at the time, we can't be sure of that. I think maybe that's why the Police want to speak to him. That's the way the law works in our country. Were you unaware of this elementary aspect of the British justice system too?

I'm off to bed; it's been a pleasure exchanging these posts with you. If you do require any further information about the basics of English law and language, let me know and i'll send you some links. Once again, if you are new to this country, I welcome you warmly :)
@notslimjim " 1. "What would a successful prosecution achieve? An epiphany of some kind or a resentment which might lead to actual violence at some point in the future?" "Perhaps. Or perhaps it might teach him to think twice before making such a comment. Would that be a bad thing? " "We don't know." - What a poorly thought-out response. We don't know whether prosecuting someone for any crime (should the investigation deem it to be so) will cause the them to react in a way which makes them want to exhibit further negative behaviour. However, in this country, such speculation doesn't stop us from pursuing a prosecution. That's the way the law works here. Are you a newcomer to the UK? If so, welcome! 2. "But how can you dislike an entire race? Does he know every single person of that race well enough to dislike them?" "I suspect that knowledge of an entire race isn't required to know that you resent their existence in your country." -Sorry, I must have missed the part in the story where it stated the boy was a citizen of the United Kingdom and the bus driver was not. 3. " But by showing respect to each other, we tend to form better social relationships. " "So you think the boy secretly wants to have a social relationship with the bus driver. I'm not sure on what you based that, given he plainly disliked him on first meeting." - I apologise. I assumed your understanding of the term 'social relationship' wasn't so limited. Perhaps you should expand your knowledge of simple, English phrases? Night-classes to learn basic English are still available I think. 4. "There was no suggestion of intended harassment." - Absolutely, but having not being present at the time, we can't be sure of that. I think maybe that's why the Police want to speak to him. That's the way the law works in our country. Were you unaware of this elementary aspect of the British justice system too? I'm off to bed; it's been a pleasure exchanging these posts with you. If you do require any further information about the basics of English law and language, let me know and i'll send you some links. Once again, if you are new to this country, I welcome you warmly :) Circuital
  • Score: 2

6:02am Tue 19 Aug 14

paul6391 says...

Is it just me or is this thread full of pretentious d*cks going on about "oh i'm not racist but you are....what a load of cr*p you lot talk..I don't care if your Black, White, Yellow or Orange, Racism is in us all......get over yourselves.....Oh and on another note as far as i'm aware stagecoach buses don't have audio...so it will be hard to tell what he has said....they just have CCTV film
Is it just me or is this thread full of pretentious d*cks going on about "oh i'm not racist but you are....what a load of cr*p you lot talk..I don't care if your Black, White, Yellow or Orange, Racism is in us all......get over yourselves.....Oh and on another note as far as i'm aware stagecoach buses don't have audio...so it will be hard to tell what he has said....they just have CCTV film paul6391
  • Score: 1

7:07am Tue 19 Aug 14

RootyRoo says...

Wow, lots of pointless comments and racist people on this feed.
Wow, lots of pointless comments and racist people on this feed. RootyRoo
  • Score: 2

7:20am Tue 19 Aug 14

brighton bluenose says...

paul6391 wrote:
Is it just me or is this thread full of pretentious d*cks going on about "oh i'm not racist but you are....what a load of cr*p you lot talk..I don't care if your Black, White, Yellow or Orange, Racism is in us all......get over yourselves.....Oh and on another note as far as i'm aware stagecoach buses don't have audio...so it will be hard to tell what he has said....they just have CCTV film
And that's why they are asking for witnesses!!
[quote][p][bold]paul6391[/bold] wrote: Is it just me or is this thread full of pretentious d*cks going on about "oh i'm not racist but you are....what a load of cr*p you lot talk..I don't care if your Black, White, Yellow or Orange, Racism is in us all......get over yourselves.....Oh and on another note as far as i'm aware stagecoach buses don't have audio...so it will be hard to tell what he has said....they just have CCTV film[/p][/quote]And that's why they are asking for witnesses!! brighton bluenose
  • Score: -3

8:23am Tue 19 Aug 14

davyboy says...

No one should have to face abuse or attack whilst at work. Bus drivers are an easy target because they are in a place which they cannot get out of, and if they do respond, invariably the company will not back them up, but sack them instead. Passengers have to be taught that abuse will not be tolerated, and companies should start prosecuting all those that abuse and attack their staff. If your ticket is out of date, don't try it on, just accept it and buy a new one.
No one should have to face abuse or attack whilst at work. Bus drivers are an easy target because they are in a place which they cannot get out of, and if they do respond, invariably the company will not back them up, but sack them instead. Passengers have to be taught that abuse will not be tolerated, and companies should start prosecuting all those that abuse and attack their staff. If your ticket is out of date, don't try it on, just accept it and buy a new one. davyboy
  • Score: 13

8:56am Tue 19 Aug 14

Youlikemyjugs says...

Quite obviously I apologise if what I said was unkind about this young man. I realise I don't know all the facts. I made mistakes when I was young.
Quite obviously I apologise if what I said was unkind about this young man. I realise I don't know all the facts. I made mistakes when I was young. Youlikemyjugs
  • Score: -7

10:25am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Quite obviously I apologise if what I said was unkind about this young man. I realise I don't know all the facts. I made mistakes when I was young.
Why apologise for saying what you feel?
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Quite obviously I apologise if what I said was unkind about this young man. I realise I don't know all the facts. I made mistakes when I was young.[/p][/quote]Why apologise for saying what you feel? notslimjim
  • Score: -1

10:26am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

RootyRoo wrote:
Wow, lots of pointless comments and racist people on this feed.
Who has said anything 'racist' and which races were involved?
[quote][p][bold]RootyRoo[/bold] wrote: Wow, lots of pointless comments and racist people on this feed.[/p][/quote]Who has said anything 'racist' and which races were involved? notslimjim
  • Score: 1

10:31am Tue 19 Aug 14

Mrs Newcastle says...

davyboy wrote:
No one should have to face abuse or attack whilst at work. Bus drivers are an easy target because they are in a place which they cannot get out of, and if they do respond, invariably the company will not back them up, but sack them instead. Passengers have to be taught that abuse will not be tolerated, and companies should start prosecuting all those that abuse and attack their staff. If your ticket is out of date, don't try it on, just accept it and buy a new one.
I Travel on Brighton and Hove Buses , just in the past few weeks i have experienced not just endless abuse and rudeness towards the bus driver but generally anti- social behavoiur,examples, a drunk young man who trousers keep falling down and exposing himself ( he was wearing no underwear ) this was at 9am in the morning, at 3.30pm a young man spitting at a bus driver, people banging on the door as the bus pulls away then swearing when the bus driver refuses as he has already left the bus stop. It would be interesting if the Argus did a follow up as to the daily statistics of such behavoiur that our buses face every day.
[quote][p][bold]davyboy[/bold] wrote: No one should have to face abuse or attack whilst at work. Bus drivers are an easy target because they are in a place which they cannot get out of, and if they do respond, invariably the company will not back them up, but sack them instead. Passengers have to be taught that abuse will not be tolerated, and companies should start prosecuting all those that abuse and attack their staff. If your ticket is out of date, don't try it on, just accept it and buy a new one.[/p][/quote]I Travel on Brighton and Hove Buses , just in the past few weeks i have experienced not just endless abuse and rudeness towards the bus driver but generally anti- social behavoiur,examples, a drunk young man who trousers keep falling down and exposing himself ( he was wearing no underwear ) this was at 9am in the morning, at 3.30pm a young man spitting at a bus driver, people banging on the door as the bus pulls away then swearing when the bus driver refuses as he has already left the bus stop. It would be interesting if the Argus did a follow up as to the daily statistics of such behavoiur that our buses face every day. Mrs Newcastle
  • Score: 10

10:40am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

Circuital wrote:
@notslimjim

" 1. "What would a successful prosecution achieve? An epiphany of some kind or a resentment which might lead to actual violence at some point in the future?"

"Perhaps. Or perhaps it might teach him to think twice before making such a comment. Would that be a bad thing? "

"We don't know."

- What a poorly thought-out response. We don't know whether prosecuting someone for any crime (should the investigation deem it to be so) will cause the them to react in a way which makes them want to exhibit further negative behaviour. However, in this country, such speculation doesn't stop us from pursuing a prosecution. That's the way the law works here. Are you a newcomer to the UK? If so, welcome!

2. "But how can you dislike an entire race? Does he know every single person of that race well enough to dislike them?"

"I suspect that knowledge of an entire race isn't required to know that you resent their existence in your country."

-Sorry, I must have missed the part in the story where it stated the boy was a citizen of the United Kingdom and the bus driver was not.

3. " But by showing respect to each other, we tend to form better social relationships. "

"So you think the boy secretly wants to have a social relationship with the bus driver. I'm not sure on what you based that, given he plainly disliked him on first meeting."

- I apologise. I assumed your understanding of the term 'social relationship' wasn't so limited. Perhaps you should expand your knowledge of simple, English phrases? Night-classes to learn basic English are still available I think.

4. "There was no suggestion of intended harassment."

- Absolutely, but having not being present at the time, we can't be sure of that. I think maybe that's why the Police want to speak to him. That's the way the law works in our country. Were you unaware of this elementary aspect of the British justice system too?

I'm off to bed; it's been a pleasure exchanging these posts with you. If you do require any further information about the basics of English law and language, let me know and i'll send you some links. Once again, if you are new to this country, I welcome you warmly :)
"We don't know whether prosecuting someone for any crime (should the investigation deem it to be so) will cause the them to react in a way which makes them want to exhibit further negative behaviour. However, in this country, such speculation doesn't stop us from pursuing a prosecution. "

So you accept that your comment was pure speculation as to how a prosecution might affect his future behaviour.

That's just what I said, yet here you are arguing against that.

" That's the way the law works here."

Have I stated or implied that I have no idea how the English legal system works?

No.

" I apologise. I assumed your understanding of the term 'social relationship' wasn't so limited. "

There are various definitions of the term. I'm sorry that you appear to think that everyone knew what you meant.

"Relating to or designed for activities in which people meet each other for pleasure"

There! Now you can see why you appeared to be suggesting the two of them meet 'socially'.

HTH

"Absolutely, but having not being present at the time, we can't be sure of that. "

Nice contradiction.

You cannot claim 'absolutely' that we know there was no suggestion of intended harassment and then claim that we cannot be so sure.

'Absolute' "Not qualified or diminished in any way; total"

HTH

" If you do require any further information about the basics of English law and language, let me know and i'll send you some links. "

You've just shown that you don't know what two simple English words mean.

Perhaps you should make some use of those links yourself?
[quote][p][bold]Circuital[/bold] wrote: @notslimjim " 1. "What would a successful prosecution achieve? An epiphany of some kind or a resentment which might lead to actual violence at some point in the future?" "Perhaps. Or perhaps it might teach him to think twice before making such a comment. Would that be a bad thing? " "We don't know." - What a poorly thought-out response. We don't know whether prosecuting someone for any crime (should the investigation deem it to be so) will cause the them to react in a way which makes them want to exhibit further negative behaviour. However, in this country, such speculation doesn't stop us from pursuing a prosecution. That's the way the law works here. Are you a newcomer to the UK? If so, welcome! 2. "But how can you dislike an entire race? Does he know every single person of that race well enough to dislike them?" "I suspect that knowledge of an entire race isn't required to know that you resent their existence in your country." -Sorry, I must have missed the part in the story where it stated the boy was a citizen of the United Kingdom and the bus driver was not. 3. " But by showing respect to each other, we tend to form better social relationships. " "So you think the boy secretly wants to have a social relationship with the bus driver. I'm not sure on what you based that, given he plainly disliked him on first meeting." - I apologise. I assumed your understanding of the term 'social relationship' wasn't so limited. Perhaps you should expand your knowledge of simple, English phrases? Night-classes to learn basic English are still available I think. 4. "There was no suggestion of intended harassment." - Absolutely, but having not being present at the time, we can't be sure of that. I think maybe that's why the Police want to speak to him. That's the way the law works in our country. Were you unaware of this elementary aspect of the British justice system too? I'm off to bed; it's been a pleasure exchanging these posts with you. If you do require any further information about the basics of English law and language, let me know and i'll send you some links. Once again, if you are new to this country, I welcome you warmly :)[/p][/quote]"We don't know whether prosecuting someone for any crime (should the investigation deem it to be so) will cause the them to react in a way which makes them want to exhibit further negative behaviour. However, in this country, such speculation doesn't stop us from pursuing a prosecution. " So you accept that your comment was pure speculation as to how a prosecution might affect his future behaviour. That's just what I said, yet here you are arguing against that. " That's the way the law works here." Have I stated or implied that I have no idea how the English legal system works? No. " I apologise. I assumed your understanding of the term 'social relationship' wasn't so limited. " There are various definitions of the term. I'm sorry that you appear to think that everyone knew what you meant. "Relating to or designed for activities in which people meet each other for pleasure" There! Now you can see why you appeared to be suggesting the two of them meet 'socially'. HTH "Absolutely, but having not being present at the time, we can't be sure of that. " Nice contradiction. You cannot claim 'absolutely' that we know there was no suggestion of intended harassment and then claim that we cannot be so sure. 'Absolute' "Not qualified or diminished in any way; total" HTH " If you do require any further information about the basics of English law and language, let me know and i'll send you some links. " You've just shown that you don't know what two simple English words mean. Perhaps you should make some use of those links yourself? notslimjim
  • Score: -11

10:51am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

"Sorry, I must have missed the part in the story where it stated the boy was a citizen of the United Kingdom and the bus driver was not."

Maybe that's because no-one claimed that it was.

You asked as to how someone can hate an entire race.

I pointed out that knowing an entire race was necessary for one to dislike those members of that race which one has encountered personally. Such a situation arises when members of that race relocate to one's country.


Do you really need everything explaining to you?
"Sorry, I must have missed the part in the story where it stated the boy was a citizen of the United Kingdom and the bus driver was not." Maybe that's because no-one claimed that it was. You asked as to how someone can hate an entire race. I pointed out that knowing an entire race was necessary for one to dislike those members of that race which one has encountered personally. Such a situation arises when members of that race relocate to one's country. Do you really need everything explaining to you? notslimjim
  • Score: -3

11:24am Tue 19 Aug 14

Hooitness says...

This story and most of the comments are thoroughly depressing.

It feels like we take one step forward, and then two back. Multiculturalism is not going to go away, England is not just for the English, and we are not a great empire.

We either embrace the diversity that immigration brings, or we recoil in fear back into our own homes and turn into America.

I am proud that our country is truly free, and that people from anywhere in the world can come here and lead a good life, educate their families, and make a decent living.

Don't blame the immigrants who want to make a life here, blame the politicians that seem incapable of catering for the needs of all of us fairly, and impartially.
This story and most of the comments are thoroughly depressing. It feels like we take one step forward, and then two back. Multiculturalism is not going to go away, England is not just for the English, and we are not a great empire. We either embrace the diversity that immigration brings, or we recoil in fear back into our own homes and turn into America. I am proud that our country is truly free, and that people from anywhere in the world can come here and lead a good life, educate their families, and make a decent living. Don't blame the immigrants who want to make a life here, blame the politicians that seem incapable of catering for the needs of all of us fairly, and impartially. Hooitness
  • Score: -4

11:31am Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

Hooitness wrote:
This story and most of the comments are thoroughly depressing.

It feels like we take one step forward, and then two back. Multiculturalism is not going to go away, England is not just for the English, and we are not a great empire.

We either embrace the diversity that immigration brings, or we recoil in fear back into our own homes and turn into America.

I am proud that our country is truly free, and that people from anywhere in the world can come here and lead a good life, educate their families, and make a decent living.

Don't blame the immigrants who want to make a life here, blame the politicians that seem incapable of catering for the needs of all of us fairly, and impartially.
So you're quite happy to see the destruction of our culture and allow those whose countries are a total mess to come here and reap the benefits of what WE have created whilst bring this country down to their level.

Some people are rather opposed to that situation.
[quote][p][bold]Hooitness[/bold] wrote: This story and most of the comments are thoroughly depressing. It feels like we take one step forward, and then two back. Multiculturalism is not going to go away, England is not just for the English, and we are not a great empire. We either embrace the diversity that immigration brings, or we recoil in fear back into our own homes and turn into America. I am proud that our country is truly free, and that people from anywhere in the world can come here and lead a good life, educate their families, and make a decent living. Don't blame the immigrants who want to make a life here, blame the politicians that seem incapable of catering for the needs of all of us fairly, and impartially.[/p][/quote]So you're quite happy to see the destruction of our culture and allow those whose countries are a total mess to come here and reap the benefits of what WE have created whilst bring this country down to their level. Some people are rather opposed to that situation. notslimjim
  • Score: -3

12:08pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

notslimjim wrote:
"Sorry, I must have missed the part in the story where it stated the boy was a citizen of the United Kingdom and the bus driver was not."

Maybe that's because no-one claimed that it was.

You asked as to how someone can hate an entire race.

I pointed out that knowing an entire race was necessary for one to dislike those members of that race which one has encountered personally. Such a situation arises when members of that race relocate to one's country.


Do you really need everything explaining to you?
" I pointed out that knowing an entire race was necessary "

Should be *wasn't*, oops.
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: "Sorry, I must have missed the part in the story where it stated the boy was a citizen of the United Kingdom and the bus driver was not." Maybe that's because no-one claimed that it was. You asked as to how someone can hate an entire race. I pointed out that knowing an entire race was necessary for one to dislike those members of that race which one has encountered personally. Such a situation arises when members of that race relocate to one's country. Do you really need everything explaining to you?[/p][/quote]" I pointed out that knowing an entire race was necessary " Should be *wasn't*, oops. notslimjim
  • Score: -10

12:14pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Fairfax Aches says...

If I were the driver of an omnibus, and of ethnically non-caucasian origin (I am neither) and a boy boarded the 'bus and attempted to utilise tickets that were not valid then proceeded to racially abuse me, I shouldn't have hesitated to give him a sound thrashing.
If I were the driver of an omnibus, and of ethnically non-caucasian origin (I am neither) and a boy boarded the 'bus and attempted to utilise tickets that were not valid then proceeded to racially abuse me, I shouldn't have hesitated to give him a sound thrashing. Fairfax Aches
  • Score: -4

12:15pm Tue 19 Aug 14

ThinkBrighton says...

Youlikemyjugs wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
Youlikemyjugs wrote:
Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse.

The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal.

Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...
Or he may also be a responsible citizen.

We don't know.

Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.
I don't communicate with the boring or illiterate.
You must spend a lot of time in silence!
[quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Youlikemyjugs[/bold] wrote: Indicative of everything wrong in society - no qualms about other people's rights to be treated with respect; no embarrassment at being caught in a lie - and no remorse. The courts will be hearing a great deal from this male thing in the coming years until he proudly assumes the mantle of fully fledged adult criminal. Then hopefully he will probably manage to extinguish himself in some drug den by his early 30s...[/p][/quote]Or he may also be a responsible citizen. We don't know. Try not to map his life out for him, because it doesn't reflect well on you.[/p][/quote]I don't communicate with the boring or illiterate.[/p][/quote]You must spend a lot of time in silence! ThinkBrighton
  • Score: -3

12:25pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

"I'm off to bed; it's been a pleasure exchanging these posts with you. If you do require any further information about the basics of English law and language, let me know and i'll send you some links. Once again, if you are new to this country, I welcome you warmly :)"

Racist comment from Circuital, assuming that immigrants don't learn the language or our laws on arrival to this country.
"I'm off to bed; it's been a pleasure exchanging these posts with you. If you do require any further information about the basics of English law and language, let me know and i'll send you some links. Once again, if you are new to this country, I welcome you warmly :)" Racist comment from Circuital, assuming that immigrants don't learn the language or our laws on arrival to this country. notslimjim
  • Score: -4

1:47pm Tue 19 Aug 14

whatsisname says...

blimey charlie! i was only saying that if i was out of line as a child, i'd get the cane. and it worked. as far as some comment regarding racism, what a load of codswallop. i'm mixed race so that is rubbish. let me re-iterate, i was just saying that a good old fashioned, and regulated, smack on the knees was enough for me. god some people must be so bored...
blimey charlie! i was only saying that if i was out of line as a child, i'd get the cane. and it worked. as far as some comment regarding racism, what a load of codswallop. i'm mixed race so that is rubbish. let me re-iterate, i was just saying that a good old fashioned, and regulated, smack on the knees was enough for me. god some people must be so bored... whatsisname
  • Score: 9

2:20pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

whatsisname wrote:
blimey charlie! i was only saying that if i was out of line as a child, i'd get the cane. and it worked. as far as some comment regarding racism, what a load of codswallop. i'm mixed race so that is rubbish. let me re-iterate, i was just saying that a good old fashioned, and regulated, smack on the knees was enough for me. god some people must be so bored...
Yes, you must.
[quote][p][bold]whatsisname[/bold] wrote: blimey charlie! i was only saying that if i was out of line as a child, i'd get the cane. and it worked. as far as some comment regarding racism, what a load of codswallop. i'm mixed race so that is rubbish. let me re-iterate, i was just saying that a good old fashioned, and regulated, smack on the knees was enough for me. god some people must be so bored...[/p][/quote]Yes, you must. notslimjim
  • Score: -7

2:34pm Tue 19 Aug 14

mhaiti says...

notslimjim wrote:
Hooitness wrote: This story and most of the comments are thoroughly depressing. It feels like we take one step forward, and then two back. Multiculturalism is not going to go away, England is not just for the English, and we are not a great empire. We either embrace the diversity that immigration brings, or we recoil in fear back into our own homes and turn into America. I am proud that our country is truly free, and that people from anywhere in the world can come here and lead a good life, educate their families, and make a decent living. Don't blame the immigrants who want to make a life here, blame the politicians that seem incapable of catering for the needs of all of us fairly, and impartially.
So you're quite happy to see the destruction of our culture and allow those whose countries are a total mess to come here and reap the benefits of what WE have created whilst bring this country down to their level. Some people are rather opposed to that situation.
What WE created??

Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia.

Our great NHS would collapse if not for the hard graft of foreign support staff, nurses and doctors.

Our armed forces in WW1 and WW2 were supported by units from Africa, India, Nepal and the West Indies to name a few nations. Polish pilots came over and flew in our great air force. My grandfather escaped from France and flew in a french squadron of the RAF.

The issue is that tsuccessive governments have spent a fraction of the money required to ensure that the country's infrastructure matches the needs of a growing population, they're willing to spend £50b of OUR tax money on a train that gets you to Manchester 45 minutes quicker but not on the hospitals, schools and homes that are required.
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hooitness[/bold] wrote: This story and most of the comments are thoroughly depressing. It feels like we take one step forward, and then two back. Multiculturalism is not going to go away, England is not just for the English, and we are not a great empire. We either embrace the diversity that immigration brings, or we recoil in fear back into our own homes and turn into America. I am proud that our country is truly free, and that people from anywhere in the world can come here and lead a good life, educate their families, and make a decent living. Don't blame the immigrants who want to make a life here, blame the politicians that seem incapable of catering for the needs of all of us fairly, and impartially.[/p][/quote]So you're quite happy to see the destruction of our culture and allow those whose countries are a total mess to come here and reap the benefits of what WE have created whilst bring this country down to their level. Some people are rather opposed to that situation.[/p][/quote]What WE created?? Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia. Our great NHS would collapse if not for the hard graft of foreign support staff, nurses and doctors. Our armed forces in WW1 and WW2 were supported by units from Africa, India, Nepal and the West Indies to name a few nations. Polish pilots came over and flew in our great air force. My grandfather escaped from France and flew in a french squadron of the RAF. The issue is that tsuccessive governments have spent a fraction of the money required to ensure that the country's infrastructure matches the needs of a growing population, they're willing to spend £50b of OUR tax money on a train that gets you to Manchester 45 minutes quicker but not on the hospitals, schools and homes that are required. mhaiti
  • Score: 13

2:46pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

"Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia."

No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries.

There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either.

Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.
"Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture. notslimjim
  • Score: -7

2:47pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

"Our great NHS would collapse if not for the hard graft of foreign support staff, nurses and doctors."

And if there weren't vast swathes of immigrants and their offspring using that NHS, there wouldn't be the need for as many staff.

Shame I had to point that out.
"Our great NHS would collapse if not for the hard graft of foreign support staff, nurses and doctors." And if there weren't vast swathes of immigrants and their offspring using that NHS, there wouldn't be the need for as many staff. Shame I had to point that out. notslimjim
  • Score: -3

2:50pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

"Our armed forces in WW1 and WW2 were supported by units from Africa, India, Nepal and the West Indies to name a few nations. Polish pilots came over and flew in our great air force. My grandfather escaped from France and flew in a french squadron of the RAF."

And that obliges us to let them come and live here?

Can I just point out that Indian troops did not want to take part in the War, and that they were bribed by the promise of independence?


Oh, and the Poles were here fighting to free their own land. They weren't here because of a love of Britain. The main reason they stayed here afterwards was the Soviet occupation of Poland.
"Our armed forces in WW1 and WW2 were supported by units from Africa, India, Nepal and the West Indies to name a few nations. Polish pilots came over and flew in our great air force. My grandfather escaped from France and flew in a french squadron of the RAF." And that obliges us to let them come and live here? Can I just point out that Indian troops did not want to take part in the War, and that they were bribed by the promise of independence? Oh, and the Poles were here fighting to free their own land. They weren't here because of a love of Britain. The main reason they stayed here afterwards was the Soviet occupation of Poland. notslimjim
  • Score: -2

2:51pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

"The issue is that tsuccessive governments have spent a fraction of the money required to ensure that the country's infrastructure matches the needs of a growing population, they're willing to spend £50b of OUR tax money on a train that gets you to Manchester 45 minutes quicker but not on the hospitals, schools and homes that are required."

These are the extra houses/schools/hospi
tals etc required to cater for the massive influx of foreigners?
"The issue is that tsuccessive governments have spent a fraction of the money required to ensure that the country's infrastructure matches the needs of a growing population, they're willing to spend £50b of OUR tax money on a train that gets you to Manchester 45 minutes quicker but not on the hospitals, schools and homes that are required." These are the extra houses/schools/hospi tals etc required to cater for the massive influx of foreigners? notslimjim
  • Score: -6

3:13pm Tue 19 Aug 14

mhaiti says...

notslimjim wrote:
"Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.
Wow...honestly this is all great stuff.

Originally I thought that you were just anti islam and immigration from middle eastern countries but now you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country. None at all? I presumed you might be ok with the Irish?

I mentioned quite a few nationalities there mate, probably about half the globe and you collectively say that they destroyed your country (obviously can't say 'our' as I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck), don't add to it anyway and erode 'our' culture.

Do you genuinely believe that, I mean genuinely?
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: "Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.[/p][/quote]Wow...honestly this is all great stuff. Originally I thought that you were just anti islam and immigration from middle eastern countries but now you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country. None at all? I presumed you might be ok with the Irish? I mentioned quite a few nationalities there mate, probably about half the globe and you collectively say that they destroyed your country (obviously can't say 'our' as I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck), don't add to it anyway and erode 'our' culture. Do you genuinely believe that, I mean genuinely? mhaiti
  • Score: -6

3:55pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

mhaiti wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
"Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.
Wow...honestly this is all great stuff.

Originally I thought that you were just anti islam and immigration from middle eastern countries but now you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country. None at all? I presumed you might be ok with the Irish?

I mentioned quite a few nationalities there mate, probably about half the globe and you collectively say that they destroyed your country (obviously can't say 'our' as I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck), don't add to it anyway and erode 'our' culture.

Do you genuinely believe that, I mean genuinely?
" you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country."

I didn't say that, but thank you for reminding us of your comprehension issues.

" I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck"

You're also prejudiced.

Not once have you acknowledged the fact that Britons built this great country to which the world wishes to come.
[quote][p][bold]mhaiti[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: "Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.[/p][/quote]Wow...honestly this is all great stuff. Originally I thought that you were just anti islam and immigration from middle eastern countries but now you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country. None at all? I presumed you might be ok with the Irish? I mentioned quite a few nationalities there mate, probably about half the globe and you collectively say that they destroyed your country (obviously can't say 'our' as I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck), don't add to it anyway and erode 'our' culture. Do you genuinely believe that, I mean genuinely?[/p][/quote]" you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country." I didn't say that, but thank you for reminding us of your comprehension issues. " I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck" You're also prejudiced. Not once have you acknowledged the fact that Britons built this great country to which the world wishes to come. notslimjim
  • Score: -11

4:19pm Tue 19 Aug 14

mhaiti says...

notslimjim wrote:
mhaiti wrote:
notslimjim wrote: "Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.
Wow...honestly this is all great stuff. Originally I thought that you were just anti islam and immigration from middle eastern countries but now you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country. None at all? I presumed you might be ok with the Irish? I mentioned quite a few nationalities there mate, probably about half the globe and you collectively say that they destroyed your country (obviously can't say 'our' as I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck), don't add to it anyway and erode 'our' culture. Do you genuinely believe that, I mean genuinely?
" you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country." I didn't say that, but thank you for reminding us of your comprehension issues. " I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck" You're also prejudiced. Not once have you acknowledged the fact that Britons built this great country to which the world wishes to come.
You did say that, You said that "the ones I mentioned"...and i mentioned lots, I remember and if I need reminding it's written up there (points up).

The 200 year comment. Do some research, when do you think the Indians and the Irish originally started emigrating en masse. 20 years ago?? The Indians came originally with the East India company on the 1700s I think so I could have said 300 years. YOU generalised on all the nationalities that I mentioned.

I said this - "this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." I acknowledged the huge part that was played by immigrants supporting English people to build this country, that's what the "not just by" line meant...

Point out my predjudice....where is it?

I am the one that mentions great things about this country and things that i am proud of....you just spout bitter and twisted bile and negatives.

You're a tool and I know that you are probably doing this to get a rise but judging by the drivel you spouted on here from the moment you joined after the MfE stories you do believe your own rubbish.

I pity you...
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mhaiti[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: "Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.[/p][/quote]Wow...honestly this is all great stuff. Originally I thought that you were just anti islam and immigration from middle eastern countries but now you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country. None at all? I presumed you might be ok with the Irish? I mentioned quite a few nationalities there mate, probably about half the globe and you collectively say that they destroyed your country (obviously can't say 'our' as I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck), don't add to it anyway and erode 'our' culture. Do you genuinely believe that, I mean genuinely?[/p][/quote]" you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country." I didn't say that, but thank you for reminding us of your comprehension issues. " I mentioned my grandfather was french, my grandmother was Irish as well so I'm a bit stuck" You're also prejudiced. Not once have you acknowledged the fact that Britons built this great country to which the world wishes to come.[/p][/quote]You did say that, You said that "the ones I mentioned"...and i mentioned lots, I remember and if I need reminding it's written up there (points up). The 200 year comment. Do some research, when do you think the Indians and the Irish originally started emigrating en masse. 20 years ago?? The Indians came originally with the East India company on the 1700s I think so I could have said 300 years. YOU generalised on all the nationalities that I mentioned. I said this - "this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." I acknowledged the huge part that was played by immigrants supporting English people to build this country, that's what the "not just by" line meant... Point out my predjudice....where is it? I am the one that mentions great things about this country and things that i am proud of....you just spout bitter and twisted bile and negatives. You're a tool and I know that you are probably doing this to get a rise but judging by the drivel you spouted on here from the moment you joined after the MfE stories you do believe your own rubbish. I pity you... mhaiti
  • Score: 25

4:29pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

"You did say that, You said that "the ones I mentioned"...and i mentioned lots, I remember and if I need reminding it's written up there (points up)."

The figure of 200 years was YOURS, not mine.

Here's what YOU wrote:

" you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country."

I said:

"No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries.

There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either.

Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture."

AT NO POINT DID I REFER TO A TIME-FRAME, AND AT NO POINT DID I STATE THAT NO IMMIGRANT HAD EVER CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COUNTRY.
"You did say that, You said that "the ones I mentioned"...and i mentioned lots, I remember and if I need reminding it's written up there (points up)." The figure of 200 years was YOURS, not mine. Here's what YOU wrote: " you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country." I said: "No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture." AT NO POINT DID I REFER TO A TIME-FRAME, AND AT NO POINT DID I STATE THAT NO IMMIGRANT HAD EVER CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COUNTRY. notslimjim
  • Score: -16

4:35pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

I said this - I acknowledged the huge part that was played by immigrants supporting English people to build this country, that's what the "not just by" line meant...

"Point out my predjudice....where is it?"

Right here:

"this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia."

The people you mentioned PLAYED NO PART in the creation of this country., and in many ways, diminished the way of life enjoyed by the Brits.

FYI the mass immigration of Irish occurred at at time when they were actually British. The Irish Republic was created whilst Britain was already a developed country.



"

"I am the one that mentions great things about this country and things that i am proud of....you just spout bitter and twisted bile and negatives."

I point out the negatives because I'm very happy with the positives of this country.

"You're a tool and I know that you are probably doing this to get a rise but judging by the drivel you spouted on here from the moment you joined after the MfE stories you do believe your own rubbish."

I deal in facts. If you have the intelligence and the necessary arguments to discuss matters relating to the MFE, you are free to do so.
I said this - I acknowledged the huge part that was played by immigrants supporting English people to build this country, that's what the "not just by" line meant... "Point out my predjudice....where is it?" Right here: "this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." The people you mentioned PLAYED NO PART in the creation of this country., and in many ways, diminished the way of life enjoyed by the Brits. FYI the mass immigration of Irish occurred at at time when they were actually British. The Irish Republic was created whilst Britain was already a developed country. " "I am the one that mentions great things about this country and things that i am proud of....you just spout bitter and twisted bile and negatives." I point out the negatives because I'm very happy with the positives of this country. "You're a tool and I know that you are probably doing this to get a rise but judging by the drivel you spouted on here from the moment you joined after the MfE stories you do believe your own rubbish." I deal in facts. If you have the intelligence and the necessary arguments to discuss matters relating to the MFE, you are free to do so. notslimjim
  • Score: -9

4:44pm Tue 19 Aug 14

mhaiti says...

notslimjim wrote:
"You did say that, You said that "the ones I mentioned"...and i mentioned lots, I remember and if I need reminding it's written up there (points up)." The figure of 200 years was YOURS, not mine. Here's what YOU wrote: " you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country." I said: "No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture." AT NO POINT DID I REFER TO A TIME-FRAME, AND AT NO POINT DID I STATE THAT NO IMMIGRANT HAD EVER CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COUNTRY.
But you generalised about all of those nationalities that I mentioned by stating, "the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture"

I mentioned loads, and their immigration started hundreds of years ago which sets the time frame.

If you'd have said, "recent immigration" is doing this that and the other instead of "the ones you mentioned" then I'd get it but you didn't. You specifically generalised about all of them and you can't ignore the history of when the immigration started whilst making such sweeping generalisations.

I pity you... x2
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: "You did say that, You said that "the ones I mentioned"...and i mentioned lots, I remember and if I need reminding it's written up there (points up)." The figure of 200 years was YOURS, not mine. Here's what YOU wrote: " you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country." I said: "No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture." AT NO POINT DID I REFER TO A TIME-FRAME, AND AT NO POINT DID I STATE THAT NO IMMIGRANT HAD EVER CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COUNTRY.[/p][/quote]But you generalised about all of those nationalities that I mentioned by stating, "the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture" I mentioned loads, and their immigration started hundreds of years ago which sets the time frame. If you'd have said, "recent immigration" is doing this that and the other instead of "the ones you mentioned" then I'd get it but you didn't. You specifically generalised about all of them and you can't ignore the history of when the immigration started whilst making such sweeping generalisations. I pity you... x2 mhaiti
  • Score: 7

5:10pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

mhaiti wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
"You did say that, You said that "the ones I mentioned"...and i mentioned lots, I remember and if I need reminding it's written up there (points up)." The figure of 200 years was YOURS, not mine. Here's what YOU wrote: " you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country." I said: "No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture." AT NO POINT DID I REFER TO A TIME-FRAME, AND AT NO POINT DID I STATE THAT NO IMMIGRANT HAD EVER CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COUNTRY.
But you generalised about all of those nationalities that I mentioned by stating, "the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture"

I mentioned loads, and their immigration started hundreds of years ago which sets the time frame.

If you'd have said, "recent immigration" is doing this that and the other instead of "the ones you mentioned" then I'd get it but you didn't. You specifically generalised about all of them and you can't ignore the history of when the immigration started whilst making such sweeping generalisations.

I pity you... x2
You seem to be ignorant of the fact that migration from Africa and India to this country was virtually non-existent prior to WWII.

The ones who came here prior to that were easily absorbed and certainly weren't in the habit of turning our towns and cities into places resembling where they had come from.

All that changed after 1950, with an acceleration after 1960.

A nation's culture includes its ethnic heritage. India suffered no alteration to its ethnic composition despite being part of the Empire for 200 years, give or take. The same cannot be said of Britain in 2014.

Some people seem to like this.

Some don't, and it is they who have the moral high ground on the matter, as well as all the arguments. There is no earthly reason why Britain should be experiencing cultural genocide (look it up) especially as it is coinciding with a huge downturn in the quality of life experienced by Britons.
[quote][p][bold]mhaiti[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: "You did say that, You said that "the ones I mentioned"...and i mentioned lots, I remember and if I need reminding it's written up there (points up)." The figure of 200 years was YOURS, not mine. Here's what YOU wrote: " you are saying that no immigrants in the last c. 200 years have added any value whatsoever to this country." I said: "No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture." AT NO POINT DID I REFER TO A TIME-FRAME, AND AT NO POINT DID I STATE THAT NO IMMIGRANT HAD EVER CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COUNTRY.[/p][/quote]But you generalised about all of those nationalities that I mentioned by stating, "the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture" I mentioned loads, and their immigration started hundreds of years ago which sets the time frame. If you'd have said, "recent immigration" is doing this that and the other instead of "the ones you mentioned" then I'd get it but you didn't. You specifically generalised about all of them and you can't ignore the history of when the immigration started whilst making such sweeping generalisations. I pity you... x2[/p][/quote]You seem to be ignorant of the fact that migration from Africa and India to this country was virtually non-existent prior to WWII. The ones who came here prior to that were easily absorbed and certainly weren't in the habit of turning our towns and cities into places resembling where they had come from. All that changed after 1950, with an acceleration after 1960. A nation's culture includes its ethnic heritage. India suffered no alteration to its ethnic composition despite being part of the Empire for 200 years, give or take. The same cannot be said of Britain in 2014. Some people seem to like this. Some don't, and it is they who have the moral high ground on the matter, as well as all the arguments. There is no earthly reason why Britain should be experiencing cultural genocide (look it up) especially as it is coinciding with a huge downturn in the quality of life experienced by Britons. notslimjim
  • Score: -11

7:23pm Tue 19 Aug 14

her professional says...

notslimjim wrote:
"Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia."

No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries.

There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either.

Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.
If you represent "our culture" then the sooner it's eroded the better. I'm White English and so were my parents and grandparents, and nothing you say is recognisable to me as my culture. You are a disgrace.
[quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: "Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.[/p][/quote]If you represent "our culture" then the sooner it's eroded the better. I'm White English and so were my parents and grandparents, and nothing you say is recognisable to me as my culture. You are a disgrace. her professional
  • Score: 8

8:06pm Tue 19 Aug 14

notslimjim says...

her professional wrote:
notslimjim wrote:
"Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia."

No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries.

There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either.

Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.
If you represent "our culture" then the sooner it's eroded the better. I'm White English and so were my parents and grandparents, and nothing you say is recognisable to me as my culture. You are a disgrace.
And YOU weren't able to argue against what I said.

And you call yourself a 'professional'......
a professional what?
[quote][p][bold]her professional[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notslimjim[/bold] wrote: "Come on, you can't be that ignorant, this country was built by not just pure blood englishmen but by swathes of immigration, from Irish, West Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, South Africa, Kenya and most recently Eastern European and those from the Middle East and Asia." No, the ones you mentioned came to a country that was already created by Britons over the centuries. There is a case for claiming that those you mentioned are helping to destroy this country. They certainly don't add to it in any way, and the crime figures don't show them in a good light, either. Add to that the erosion of our culture which occurs by their very presence, and it isn't a pretty picture.[/p][/quote]If you represent "our culture" then the sooner it's eroded the better. I'm White English and so were my parents and grandparents, and nothing you say is recognisable to me as my culture. You are a disgrace.[/p][/quote]And YOU weren't able to argue against what I said. And you call yourself a 'professional'...... a professional what? notslimjim
  • Score: -15

9:13am Wed 20 Aug 14

Youlikęmyjugs says...

I realise I have been really unpleasant in many of posts. My partner has made me understand how nasty and unkind I have been in some of my comments. I see that some people will not accept my apology and some won't care either way, but I wish I had not been so forthright. Some people are still being really nasty on this threads, and I just hope they can have the realisation I had that we should conduct ourselves better. (I put my original username out of use as a result but created this one today just to issue this apology.
I realise I have been really unpleasant in many of posts. My partner has made me understand how nasty and unkind I have been in some of my comments. I see that some people will not accept my apology and some won't care either way, but I wish I had not been so forthright. Some people are still being really nasty on this threads, and I just hope they can have the realisation I had that we should conduct ourselves better. (I put my original username out of use as a result but created this one today just to issue this apology. Youlikęmyjugs
  • Score: 1

4:53pm Thu 21 Aug 14

Caute3 says...

UglyAmerican wrote:
Considering all the recent advances in camera technology, why is it every single CCTV photo released by police looks like it was filmed using a potato?
Because it WAS filmed using a potato
[quote][p][bold]UglyAmerican[/bold] wrote: Considering all the recent advances in camera technology, why is it every single CCTV photo released by police looks like it was filmed using a potato?[/p][/quote]Because it WAS filmed using a potato Caute3
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree