Eastbourne Pier given back to its owners after worker's death

Eastbourne Pier being hosed down the morning after its blaze on July 31

Eastbourne Pier being hosed down the morning after its blaze on July 31

First published in News

Eastbourne Pier has been handed back to its owner after investigators worked to establish the death of a worker.

The pier has been released back to its owner Cuerden Leisure.

It had been sealed off following the death of Stephen Penrice last week, who was working on the fire-damaged structure.

Sussex Police and the Health and Safety Executive have carried out a joint investigation.

The pier's amusement arcade was stripped to its skeleton by a severe fire on July 30.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:35pm Tue 26 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

Any idea when details of the tragedy are released?
Any idea when details of the tragedy are released? ok,jared
  • Score: -1

10:41pm Tue 26 Aug 14

ok,jared says...

They've just said on the news that investigations into his death are continuing.
They've just said on the news that investigations into his death are continuing. ok,jared
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree