Albion have signed Sam Baldock from Bristol City on a four-year deal.
They have secured the player - who has been consistently linked with a move to the Amex during the current transfer window - for an undisclosed fee.
Baldock, 25, was top scorer in League One last season.
Boss Sami Hyypia said: “Sam was one of our key summer attacking targets and I'm delighted we have now completed the transfer.
"Alongside our existing forwards he will give us another attacking option and we hope he will continue to score goals for Brighton.
"He's a predator, instinctive in front of goal and his career goal record is excellent.
"He has played and scored goals at this level, and we are confident he can be a major threat for us going forward."
- Albion hot-shot tipped to maintain prolific form in Premier League
- The stage is set for Albion to host title party
- Albion Nostalgia: Steele sank City, now he hopes both teams can celebrate at the Amex
- All set up for Albion to win title at the Amex after Newcastle victory
- Knockaert has seen this script before, now he is ready to grab title