Albion have signed Sam Baldock from Bristol City on a four-year deal.
They have secured the player - who has been consistently linked with a move to the Amex during the current transfer window - for an undisclosed fee.
Baldock, 25, was top scorer in League One last season.
Boss Sami Hyypia said: “Sam was one of our key summer attacking targets and I'm delighted we have now completed the transfer.
"Alongside our existing forwards he will give us another attacking option and we hope he will continue to score goals for Brighton.
"He's a predator, instinctive in front of goal and his career goal record is excellent.
"He has played and scored goals at this level, and we are confident he can be a major threat for us going forward."
- Setback for Albion midfielder
- Dunk justifying Hyypia's faith (with video)
- Albion boss Hyypia wants points on the board
- Gregory hopes Elliott's arrival is the start of something special
- Altogether now! How Albion look for 2014-15 (and a few from yesteryear)