Albion have signed Sam Baldock from Bristol City on a four-year deal.
They have secured the player - who has been consistently linked with a move to the Amex during the current transfer window - for an undisclosed fee.
Baldock, 25, was top scorer in League One last season.
Boss Sami Hyypia said: “Sam was one of our key summer attacking targets and I'm delighted we have now completed the transfer.
"Alongside our existing forwards he will give us another attacking option and we hope he will continue to score goals for Brighton.
"He's a predator, instinctive in front of goal and his career goal record is excellent.
"He has played and scored goals at this level, and we are confident he can be a major threat for us going forward."
- Albion weigh up bid to bring back Halford
- Seagulls stopper Walton has tough time in Toulon with England
- Tickets on sale for Albion's showpiece friendly
- Sussex suffer at the hands of Malan and Stirling
- Robinson reckons England should get Beer in if he keeps performing