The ArgusSherri's life is good in Brighton after breast reduction (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Sherri's life is good in Brighton after breast reduction

The Argus: Sherri Razavi after her breast reduction operation Sherri Razavi after her breast reduction operation

Most women would like to upsize their assets - but Sherri Razavi has spent four years desperately trying to downsize hers.

The 19-year-old has suffered at the hands of bullies and even been the victim of an attack because of the size of her breasts.

But after a long battle with doctors who said she was too young she has finally had the breast reduction operation she has been longing for.

The aspiring actress says she will spend this week shopping for new bikinis now her bra size has dropped from JJ to DD.

Sherri, who went to Varndean School in Balfour Road, Brighton, said: "Big boobs run in the family, but neither my mum’s nor my sister’s were as big as mine - at 13 they were already a FF.

"I was sent to a physiotherapist for the severe back and neck pain I was suffering and she said my body was struggling to cope with the weight of my boobs.

"I began to hate them. I was bursting out of my shirt at school, people teased me constantly, I was the school joke.

"It became so miserable I stopped going and as a result I didn't do as well in my GCSEs as I know I could have."

In October 2007 Sherri, from Coldean, was punched in the face and thrown to the ground by a man.

Her 30FF chest dominated her 5ft figure and she began to lose confidence and stop going out because of the taunts she received.

She said: "At 16 my GP said I was too young for a reduction even though I was in constant pain and couldn't stand up straight. I went to see a surgeon and they said my back would literally crumble if it carried on but agreed I was too young."

It would have cost Sherri £7,000 to have the surgery privately and she began raising the money.

But in December Sherri was approached by TV documentary makers who offered her the chance of life-changing surgery at the specialist Clare Park Hospital in Farnham, Surrey.

She said: "I grabbed it with open arms. I wasn't worried about the operation because I wanted it so much – I was actually really calm even though my mum was in tears.

"I have some scars now but I don't care about them, I am happy every day and that is something I haven't known since I was little.

"I have dreams about buying bikinis rather than dreading it.

"Everyone keeps saying I'm taller but it's just that I can stand up straight now – I am standing up tall in every sense of the word and I'm planning to go to college and do acting and modelling now people will finally take me seriously."

Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies will be on Wednesday at 8pm.

Has your life been transformed after going under the knife? Tell us your stories below.

Comments (18)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:35am Fri 24 Apr 09

tinkywinky says...

Is this newsworthy?

NOT
Is this newsworthy? NOT tinkywinky
  • Score: 0

9:45am Fri 24 Apr 09

Charismatic Andrew says...

Thanks for keeping us abreast of this story Argus, although I'm sure you will have your knockers for running it.

Naomi - I think you've made a bit of a tit of yourself by stating that "Most women would like to upsize their assets". Where's your evidence for this? But anyway thanks for the mammaries.
Thanks for keeping us abreast of this story Argus, although I'm sure you will have your knockers for running it. Naomi - I think you've made a bit of a tit of yourself by stating that "Most women would like to upsize their assets". Where's your evidence for this? But anyway thanks for the mammaries. Charismatic Andrew
  • Score: 0

9:55am Fri 24 Apr 09

molesecrets says...

There was a feature in the Guardian a few weeks ago about why local newspapers are dying out. The fact that the Argus chooses this tittle tattle as their top story tells you exactly why.
There was a feature in the Guardian a few weeks ago about why local newspapers are dying out. The fact that the Argus chooses this tittle tattle as their top story tells you exactly why. molesecrets
  • Score: 0

10:18am Fri 24 Apr 09

Masterchav says...

This is a joke, right?

April 1st was 3 weeks ago.
This is a joke, right? April 1st was 3 weeks ago. Masterchav
  • Score: 0

10:25am Fri 24 Apr 09

Boobhunter says...

I'd love to get involved with those fun bags!!!! Great story Argus but where is the Pictures! I love Norks!!!
I'd love to get involved with those fun bags!!!! Great story Argus but where is the Pictures! I love Norks!!! Boobhunter
  • Score: 0

10:33am Fri 24 Apr 09

kkj says...

tinkywinky wrote:
Is this newsworthy?

NOT
Merely promoting a local person's forthcoming appearance on TV.

However I would ask the Argus why they have clumsily stuck 'in Brighton' into the headline. Its a local paper - we dopn't need to be told 'in Brighton' or 'Horsham this' or 'Worthing that' - we'll figure it out for ourselves!

Or are you saying that Sherri's life wouldn't be good in, say, Crawley afetr beast reduction?
[quote][p][bold]tinkywinky[/bold] wrote: Is this newsworthy? NOT[/p][/quote]Merely promoting a local person's forthcoming appearance on TV. However I would ask the Argus why they have clumsily stuck 'in Brighton' into the headline. Its a local paper - we dopn't need to be told 'in Brighton' or 'Horsham this' or 'Worthing that' - we'll figure it out for ourselves! Or are you saying that Sherri's life wouldn't be good in, say, Crawley afetr beast reduction? kkj
  • Score: 0

10:59am Fri 24 Apr 09

Charismatic Andrew says...

kkj wrote:
tinkywinky wrote: Is this newsworthy? NOT
Merely promoting a local person's forthcoming appearance on TV. However I would ask the Argus why they have clumsily stuck 'in Brighton' into the headline. Its a local paper - we dopn't need to be told 'in Brighton' or 'Horsham this' or 'Worthing that' - we'll figure it out for ourselves! Or are you saying that Sherri's life wouldn't be good in, say, Crawley afetr beast reduction?
Have you ever been to Crawley?!? Of course her life wouldn't be as good there!
[quote][p][bold]kkj[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tinkywinky[/bold] wrote: Is this newsworthy? NOT[/p][/quote]Merely promoting a local person's forthcoming appearance on TV. However I would ask the Argus why they have clumsily stuck 'in Brighton' into the headline. Its a local paper - we dopn't need to be told 'in Brighton' or 'Horsham this' or 'Worthing that' - we'll figure it out for ourselves! Or are you saying that Sherri's life wouldn't be good in, say, Crawley afetr beast reduction?[/p][/quote]Have you ever been to Crawley?!? Of course her life wouldn't be as good there! Charismatic Andrew
  • Score: 0

11:38am Fri 24 Apr 09

Shabba Wanks says...

What a shame, she had a lovely pair of threpnies, some say bouncers, others, bazoogas.
What a shame, she had a lovely pair of threpnies, some say bouncers, others, bazoogas. Shabba Wanks
  • Score: 0

11:44am Fri 24 Apr 09

Osama bin there says...

And she's paid good money to have (looking at the photos) what looks like a non existent breat reduction.
What a stitch up - BOOM BOOM!!
And she's paid good money to have (looking at the photos) what looks like a non existent breat reduction. What a stitch up - BOOM BOOM!! Osama bin there
  • Score: 0

12:28pm Fri 24 Apr 09

Joeyeah_right says...

Osama bin there wrote:
And she's paid good money to have (looking at the photos) what looks like a non existent breat reduction. What a stitch up - BOOM BOOM!!
I have to agree with Osama - the before and after pictures don't really show any appreciable difference in bust size
[quote][p][bold]Osama bin there[/bold] wrote: And she's paid good money to have (looking at the photos) what looks like a non existent breat reduction. What a stitch up - BOOM BOOM!![/p][/quote]I have to agree with Osama - the before and after pictures don't really show any appreciable difference in bust size Joeyeah_right
  • Score: 0

12:36pm Fri 24 Apr 09

Randsta says...

Joeyeah_right wrote:
Osama bin there wrote:
And she's paid good money to have (looking at the photos) what looks like a non existent breat reduction. What a stitch up - BOOM BOOM!!
I have to agree with Osama - the before and after pictures don't really show any appreciable difference in bust size
I agree I cant see much difference, not that I'm looking that closely! A slow news day this is always worth a mention.
[quote][p][bold]Joeyeah_right[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Osama bin there[/bold] wrote: And she's paid good money to have (looking at the photos) what looks like a non existent breat reduction. What a stitch up - BOOM BOOM!![/p][/quote]I have to agree with Osama - the before and after pictures don't really show any appreciable difference in bust size[/p][/quote]I agree I cant see much difference, not that I'm looking that closely! A slow news day this is always worth a mention. Randsta
  • Score: 0

12:46pm Fri 24 Apr 09

Jo Wadsworth says...

Re the headlines kkj - the reason we do that is to make it easy for people using search engines to find the story. It's likely someone looking for this story would type the words Brighton (especially given the expected results if they just typed in breast!) and by putting it in the headline, it makes it more likely Google and other search engines can find it.

I take your point that when looking at the stories on the front of our site, it can seem odd that a local paper is putting in placenames. But a huge proportion of our traffic, and every news site's traffic, comes from Google, so we have to take that into account.

For a humourous take on the consequences though, I'd recommend this article by Charlie Brooker: http://tinyurl.com/5
gxvuo
Re the headlines kkj - the reason we do that is to make it easy for people using search engines to find the story. It's likely someone looking for this story would type the words Brighton (especially given the expected results if they just typed in breast!) and by putting it in the headline, it makes it more likely Google and other search engines can find it. I take your point that when looking at the stories on the front of our site, it can seem odd that a local paper is putting in placenames. But a huge proportion of our traffic, and every news site's traffic, comes from Google, so we have to take that into account. For a humourous take on the consequences though, I'd recommend this article by Charlie Brooker: http://tinyurl.com/5 gxvuo Jo Wadsworth
  • Score: 0

2:51pm Fri 24 Apr 09

OP8 says...

lol people should really learn to lock down their social networking website profile/s, especially if they are in the press / on TV looking for sympathy
lol people should really learn to lock down their social networking website profile/s, especially if they are in the press / on TV looking for sympathy OP8
  • Score: 0

4:23pm Fri 24 Apr 09

GreenGiant says...

19? Dam, I'll Give Her One ;). I'm 19 Too Befor You Older People Start Having A Hissy Fit!
19? Dam, I'll Give Her One ;). I'm 19 Too Befor You Older People Start Having A Hissy Fit! GreenGiant
  • Score: 0

4:49pm Fri 24 Apr 09

BiggerH says...

I still wouldn't tap it (no disrespect intended)

that bird with the nicked camera was much luvverly - more of her pls

and agree with other post, most birds don't want them 'bigger', they just want them a nice shape and be able to defy gravity until they're 60

shame on you Argus for lumping all women in the same group (*written by a woman as well - tut tut)!!!
I still wouldn't tap it (no disrespect intended) that bird with the nicked camera was much luvverly - more of her pls and agree with other post, most birds don't want them 'bigger', they just want them a nice shape and be able to defy gravity until they're 60 shame on you Argus for lumping all women in the same group (*written by a woman as well - tut tut)!!! BiggerH
  • Score: 0

6:05pm Fri 24 Apr 09

getreal1 says...

tinkywinky wrote:
Is this newsworthy? NOT
Probably not but I'd still like to shake my custard over them.
[quote][p][bold]tinkywinky[/bold] wrote: Is this newsworthy? NOT[/p][/quote]Probably not but I'd still like to shake my custard over them. getreal1
  • Score: 0

7:19pm Fri 24 Apr 09

TheInsider says...

If she was bullied about her boobs why has she now told everyone about her puppy problem.
Security word: blow-onto??????
If she was bullied about her boobs why has she now told everyone about her puppy problem. Security word: blow-onto?????? TheInsider
  • Score: 0

1:08am Sat 25 Apr 09

kkj says...

Jo Wadsworth wrote:
Re the headlines kkj - the reason we do that is to make it easy for people using search engines to find the story. It's likely someone looking for this story would type the words Brighton (especially given the expected results if they just typed in breast!) and by putting it in the headline, it makes it more likely Google and other search engines can find it.

I take your point that when looking at the stories on the front of our site, it can seem odd that a local paper is putting in placenames. But a huge proportion of our traffic, and every news site's traffic, comes from Google, so we have to take that into account.

For a humourous take on the consequences though, I'd recommend this article by Charlie Brooker: http://tinyurl.com/5

gxvuo
I take your point about search engines and admit I hadn't considered them. I suppose I'll have to live with it, howver I'm sure you'll agree that the headline as written above does seem rather clumsy (as do some others) with the 'Brighton' reference shoe-horned in. I'd have written it 'Brighton Sherri's life is good after breast reduction'.

On a completely different note - these security words - how are they generated, because mine is 'many-want', which is very appropriate considering some of the comments above!
[quote][p][bold]Jo Wadsworth[/bold] wrote: Re the headlines kkj - the reason we do that is to make it easy for people using search engines to find the story. It's likely someone looking for this story would type the words Brighton (especially given the expected results if they just typed in breast!) and by putting it in the headline, it makes it more likely Google and other search engines can find it. I take your point that when looking at the stories on the front of our site, it can seem odd that a local paper is putting in placenames. But a huge proportion of our traffic, and every news site's traffic, comes from Google, so we have to take that into account. For a humourous take on the consequences though, I'd recommend this article by Charlie Brooker: http://tinyurl.com/5 gxvuo[/p][/quote]I take your point about search engines and admit I hadn't considered them. I suppose I'll have to live with it, howver I'm sure you'll agree that the headline as written above does seem rather clumsy (as do some others) with the 'Brighton' reference shoe-horned in. I'd have written it 'Brighton Sherri's life is good after breast reduction'. On a completely different note - these security words - how are they generated, because mine is 'many-want', which is very appropriate considering some of the comments above! kkj
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree