Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Teen in court on manslaughter charge
8:49am Friday 25th May 2012 in News
A 14-year-old boy charged with the manslaughter of a former X Factor star's best friend is expected to enter a plea when he appears at Hove Crown Court today.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of punching Connor Saunders, of Downsway, Woodingdean, Brighton, during an altercation in the street in Rottingdean on April 14.
Talented footballer Mr Saunders, 19, died at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, the following day.
Singer Frankie Cocozza, 19, who was one of the pallbearers at his friend's funeral, said he was proud to learn that Mr Saunders had signed up as an organ donor when he turned 16, which meant he went on to save five other lives.
Two boys, aged 13 and 14, who were both arrested on suspicion of murder following Mr Saunders' death, were told by Sussex Police earlier this month that no further action would be taken against them at this time.