Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Babysitters and child rescued from burning Brighton flat
TWO teenage babysitters and a toddler were rescued from a burning Brighton flat last night.
At around 9pm, firefighters were called to the address in Clarence Square where a blaze had taken hold on the second floor.
They climbed up a ladder, smashed in the windows and rescued the two teenagers and the young child.
The fire, believed to have been started by candles, was put out after around half an hour.
It caused extensive damage to the lounge and kitchen of the flat.
The babysitters and four police officers had to be treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
Comments are closed on this article.