Manslaughter case against two men accused of killing Christopher 'Mac' McLean dropped (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Manslaughter case against two men accused of killing Christopher 'Mac' McLean dropped
No further action will be taken against two men accused of manslaughter.
Sussex Police and the Crown Prosecution Service have announced that no further action will be taken against two men who were arrested on suspicion of the manslaughter of Christopher McLean, known as Mac, on January 6 this year.
The two men were informed of this when they answered police bail this week.
Mr McLean died of coronary heart disease in his home in Caledonian Court, Brighton, at 10pm.
Police said he fell ill two hours after two men barged in and started to fight with him.
Detective Chief Inspector Nick May from the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team said: "This has been a long and painstaking enquiry. In the end it was decided that there was insufficient evidence to charge either of the men with offences relating to the death of Christopher McLean.
"Following a thorough review of the medical and other forensic evidence it has not been possible to establish to the required standards a link between an alleged incident earlier in the evening of 6 January and Mr McLean's death.
"We are not looking for anyone else and this case has been closed. There will be a coroner's Inquest in due course which will determine how Mr McLean died by looking closely at the full circumstances of the case.
"We have explained the situation to the family of Mr McLean our thoughts are with them at this time."
Comments are closed on this article.