Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bid to evict Brighton travellers
4:00pm Tuesday 4th September 2012 in News
Council chiefs will go to court to evict an unauthorised traveller encampment in Brighton.
Vehicles moved into 19 Acres, adjacent to Devil's Dyke Road, Brighton, last week. Brighton and Hove City Council said it will be applying for a possession order in the county court.
A council spokesman said: "We will be applying to the county court for a possession order which will enable us to arrange for an eviction to be carried out should the families fail to leave the site voluntarily."