Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man injured in Sompting gas explosion
A man was taken to hospital after a gas explosion at a home in Sompting.
Hillrise Avenue was cordoned off this evening after the explosion shortly after 4.10pm today (September 20).
Witnesses reported the doors and windows of the two-bedroom detached bungalow were blown out and the building was fully alight when firefighters arrived.
No-one else was injured.
Firefighters said the home would be cordoned off all night ahead of a fire investigation in the morning.
The fire is not currently believed to be suspicious.
Comments are closed on this article.