Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Graduation joy for Northbrook College students
It was all smiles at Northbrook College last week as the class of 2012 attended their graduation ceremony.
A total of 478 students launched their mortar boards into the air after receiving their degree certificates at the Worthing campus.
Guest of honour was Conservative peer in the House of Lords, Baroness Stowell of Beeston.
In her speech she urged the graduates to “seize any opportunities” without “fear or hesitation”.
The Mayor of Worthing Charles James and local MP Tim Loughton also attended.
The students cheered each classmate as they took to the stage to collect their certificates before graduate Daniel Smith made a “vote of thanks” speech on behalf of his contemporaries.
For details on courses at the college next year visit: www.northbrook.ac.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Broken down train causes long delays
- Bus driver taking children to Fairlight Primary School "made them cry"
- Sussex students in line for a holiday refund on TV licence
- University of Sussex student blasted over ‘rape natural’ claims
Add us to your circles on Google+ Quirkies
- Vortex to another dimension reported in Brighton
- Video: Heroic search and rescue team save trapped cat
- Warm spell brings out slithery snakes by score
- Revealed: The trials and tribulations of a Brighton and Hove traffic warden
- Brighton student protests in bra and pants over art ban