Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sleeping smoker sets fire to her bedroom
A smoker has had a lucky escape after she dozed off and set fire to her bed.
The woman woke at her Eastbourne home shortly before 11pm yesterday (October 13) to find her mattress and sheets in flames.
Fire crews were at the Wilton Avenue property in minutes by which time the fire was spilling out the bedroom window.
The woman was taken to hospital but it is not thought she suffered serious injuries.
Firefighters left the scene at around 12.30am having made the property safe.
Comments are closed on this article.