Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Teenagers charged with Shoreham burglaries
11:00am Thursday 18th October 2012 in News
Four teenagers have been charged with burgling a shed and trying to break into a home.
Two males aged 16 and one aged 17, from Shoreham, and 19-year-old Ben Reeve, of Millfield, Sompting, will appear in court accused of committing the crimes in Middle Road, Shoreham, on October 12.
All four were arrested at the scene by patrolling officers.
They have been bailed to appear at Worthing Magistrates’ Court today (October 19).
Detective Inspector Pip Taylor, from West Sussex CID, said: “We are continuing with our investigations into burglaries in Shoreham and would urge anyone who has information that could help us with our inquiries to call 101 quoting Op Catch.
“Finding your home has been burgled is distressing and worse still when people are confronted by burglars in their home. Please call 999 if you see or hear any suspicious activity in your area as the sooner officers can respond the more chance we have to make arrests.
“Uniformed and plain clothed officers will continue to patrol the area in and around Shoreham.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
- Worthing school would increase capacity as part of a town-wide reorganisation
- Elms could block Brighton secondary school's sports pitch