Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Driver named after Beachy Head plunge
11:20am Friday 19th October 2012 in News
A man who died after his car plunged off Beachy Head has been named.
He was George Lloyd-Lewis, 26, from Hale in Greater Manchester.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “Mr Lloyd-Lewis survived the fall and was recovered from the blue Volkswagen Passat by the crews of both Eastbourne lifeboats and HM Coastguard.
“He was transferred to the Coastguard helicopter and airlifted to Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with serious injuries, but tragically died there.
“There are no suspicious circumstances and the matter has been passed to the coroner's officer to continue inquiries.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Lifelong cyclist dies after crashing into a fence
- UPDATE: Worthing flat fire broke out in large cannabis factory
- Gay Brighton couple to have the city's first ever same-sex wedding
- Plans to turn Lewes Magistrate's Court into Premier Inn hotel rejected by council
- Climate change advisor 'in favour' of fracking
Comments are closed on this article.