Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Mother saves her family from Worthing dishwasher fire
A mother rescued her family after hearing the dishwasher burning in the middle of the night.
The alert mother woke to hear the blaze in the kitchen of the family's home in Juniper Close, Durrington, at about 4am this morning.
After going downstairs to investigate the noise the mother woke her husband and teenage son and daughter before the smoke alarms went off and led them to safety.
Fire fighters praised the woman's quick actions.
A spokesman for Worthing fire station said: "The family had managed to escape by the time we got there.
"The lady heard the fire before the smoke alarms went off.
"The lady heard the fire and went downstairs before the smoke alarms went off.
"They really had a lucky escape. It could have been a lot worse if she had not acted so quickly.
"Dishwashers get very hot and if people put them on at night they might not notice if something goes wrong while they're asleep.
"Luckily the son and daughter and mother and father all managed to get out safely."
Do you know the brave mum? Call The Argus newsroom on 01273 544519.
Comments are closed on this article.