Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Results: 650 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 307||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: Simon Kirby
Candidate for: Brighton Kemptown
Why I want to be an MP: I am passionate about Brighton Kemptown and think it is one of the best places to live in the country.
I was involved in campaigning for city status for Brighton and Hove.
I am truly honoured to be representing the Conservatives in an area I know intimately and love so much, at such an exciting time for the party nationally and locally.
Brighton Kemptown is going to be a keenly watched Parliamentary contest.
I think people have had enough of Labour both nationally and locally.
Since being selected for the seat in November 2006 I have listened to many local residents and the big issues locally are: the economy, public spending and the level of Government debt, inappropriate housing development, increasing job losses, antisocial behaviour, violent crime levels and the terrible state of our road network.
Marital status: Married to Elizabeth
Born: East Sussex, December 22, 1964
Address: Roedean Crescent, Brighton
Occupation: Set up Brighton’s radio station, which is now Juice FM, jointly owned local leisure business C-Side
Interests: Watching Whitehawk Football Club and walking my dogs.
Your sayYour Argus
Add your comment
Register for a FREE The Argus account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- General election shake-up likely to result in Brighton by-election
- Brighton Pavilion returns Caroline Lucas as UK's first Green MP
- Where to buy your special election edition of The Argus
- Blog: Getting my questions to the Brighton Pavilion candidates
- Liveblog: Election night 2010 in Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Blog: Follow your leader - Brighton Pavilion.
- Election 2010: our guide to a hung parliament
- Blog: Secrecy in the Election
- Eastbourne Lib Dem volunteer arrested for Tory poster vandalism
- The big question: how will Brighton Pavilion vote on the 6th?
The Argus is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.