Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Results: 650 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 307||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: Harshadbhai Patel
Candidate for: Brent North
Harshadbhai has been a councillor in Brent for the last 14 years, having moved to this country from India in 1977.
He is standing as the Conservative candidate for Brent North, and says as Mayor of Brent he made 570 visits to organisations across the borough during the year.
A qualified barrister who has worked as a financial advisor, he has served as a governor for Wembley Manor School and Preston Manor High School, and has helped raise substantial funds for the Shree Sattavis Gam Patidar Centre.
He puts as one of his key priorities a commitment to defend A&E services at Northwick Park Hospital, and has highlighted the problems on Brent streets like flytipping, littering, and paan spitting.
Harshadbhai pledges to be an MP for the residents of Brent North, and has put in his election campaign promises to tackle illegal parking outside Preston Road tube station, fighting for a new swimming pool in Roe Green Park and protecting health services at Stag Lane Clinic.
The married father-of-four adds: “I am very much looking forward to being elected as your MP with your support.”
Your sayYour Argus
Add your comment
Register for a FREE The Argus account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- General election shake-up likely to result in Brighton by-election
- Brighton Pavilion returns Caroline Lucas as UK's first Green MP
- Where to buy your special election edition of The Argus
- Liveblog: Election night 2010 in Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Blog: Getting my questions to the Brighton Pavilion candidates
- Blog: Follow your leader - Brighton Pavilion.
- Election 2010: our guide to a hung parliament
- Blog: Secrecy in the Election
- Eastbourne Lib Dem volunteer arrested for Tory poster vandalism
- The big question: how will Brighton Pavilion vote on the 6th?