Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Results: 650 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 307||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: Tim Loughton
Candidate for: Worthing East & Shoreham
Why I want to be an MP: I am honoured to have represented my constituents since 1997.
I am working hard to earn their endorsement to continue standing up for local people, especially pensioners, who have suffered a raw deal under Labour – hopefully under a future and fairer Conservative Government.
A great believer in people power, my proudest achievement was setting up the KWASH campaign, spurring thousands to come out and successfully to save our hospital services.
I want to continue working with young people through my Eco-summit and midnight football projects, protecting our precious Downs against overdevelopment and returning power from Brussels bureaucrats and instead empowering local communities.
Marital status: Married with three children
Born: Eastbourne, May 30, 1962
Occupation: Member of Parliament since 1997
Interests: Non political interests are my family, archaeology, hockey, tennis, skiing, the South Downs, English wine, growing vegetables
Your sayYour Argus
Add your comment
Register for a FREE The Argus account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- General election shake-up likely to result in Brighton by-election
- Brighton Pavilion returns Caroline Lucas as UK's first Green MP
- Where to buy your special election edition of The Argus
- Blog: Getting my questions to the Brighton Pavilion candidates
- Liveblog: Election night 2010 in Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Blog: Follow your leader - Brighton Pavilion.
- Election 2010: our guide to a hung parliament
- Blog: Secrecy in the Election
- Eastbourne Lib Dem volunteer arrested for Tory poster vandalism
- The big question: how will Brighton Pavilion vote on the 6th?
The Argus is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.