Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Results: 650 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 307||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: Dr Caroline Lucas
Candidate for: Brighton Pavilion
Why I want to be an MP: It would be a huge honour and privilege to serve as MP for Brighton Pavilion. If elected, I pledge to work tirelessly to put social and environmental justice at the top of the political agenda, and to be a strong and independent voice at Westminster. I’d strive both to serve the constituency, and to contribute to the renewal of politics and to the building of a fairer, more sustainable future. The first Green MP would have far more impact than one more Labour or one more Tory – and the best way to keep the Tories out is to vote Green.
Marital status: Married
Born: December 9, 1960, Malvern, Worcestershire
Address: Marlborough Street, Brighton
Occupation: Member of the European Parliament
Interests/hobbies: Watching the films at the Duke of York Cinema, eating in Brighton's great cafe culture, curling up with a good book and spending time with my family and cats!
Your sayYour Argus
Add your comment
Register for a FREE The Argus account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- General election shake-up likely to result in Brighton by-election
- Brighton Pavilion returns Caroline Lucas as UK's first Green MP
- Where to buy your special election edition of The Argus
- Blog: Getting my questions to the Brighton Pavilion candidates
- Liveblog: Election night 2010 in Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Blog: Follow your leader - Brighton Pavilion.
- Election 2010: our guide to a hung parliament
- Blog: Secrecy in the Election
- Eastbourne Lib Dem volunteer arrested for Tory poster vandalism
- The big question: how will Brighton Pavilion vote on the 6th?
The Argus is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.