Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Results: 650 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 307||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: Richard Lawson
Candidate for: Preseli Pembrokeshire
Party: UK Independence Party
Richard Lawson is standing for UKIP in Preseli Pembrokeshire.
Born in Newtown Montgomeryshire in 1957 he spent his early years growing up in Kent where he attended school before returning to Wales over 20 years ago where he lives with his family and three children.
He works as an electrician, as he has for the past 30 years, and considers himself to be a 'typically average Briton who has seen a steady erosion of just about everything that we once held dear'.
He says he joined UKIP because he wants to see a change for the better and believes firmly that "UKIP is the only party that can deliver the changes and return to proper values that our country needs. The other parties just waste resources and effort essentially propagating much the same policies that have led to the decline in British life." He said: "It is now time to try something else and to take control of our future with real change."
Your sayYour Argus
Add your comment
Register for a FREE The Argus account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- General election shake-up likely to result in Brighton by-election
- Brighton Pavilion returns Caroline Lucas as UK's first Green MP
- Where to buy your special election edition of The Argus
- Blog: Getting my questions to the Brighton Pavilion candidates
- Liveblog: Election night 2010 in Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Blog: Follow your leader - Brighton Pavilion.
- Election 2010: our guide to a hung parliament
- Blog: Secrecy in the Election
- Eastbourne Lib Dem volunteer arrested for Tory poster vandalism
- The big question: how will Brighton Pavilion vote on the 6th?