Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Results: 650 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 307||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: Rodney Bridger
Candidate for: Hastings & Rye
Party: English Democrats
Why I want to be an MP: I am angry.
I am an ordinary, working man who is angry at the way I’ve been abused, ignored and treated with arrogance by politicians.
I am angry that politicians have treated the country with contempt with the sole aim of lining their pockets at the expense of the people.
I am angry at how the Liberal Democrat, Labour and Conservative parties are happy to give away the sovereignty of everyone in this country to faceless and unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.
I am angry about how we pay £41 million a day to those bureaucrats and get nothing back, and about how the taxpayer hands £20 billion a year to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, to allow them to have free residential care, education and life-saving drugs.
British politics is broken.
The experiment has lasted 65 years and has failed.
It is time for England to awake to a fresh style of politics.
Marital status: Married with five children
Born: Hastings, 1947
Occupation: Retired after ten years at Hastings Borough Council
Your sayYour Argus
Add your comment
Register for a FREE The Argus account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- General election shake-up likely to result in Brighton by-election
- Brighton Pavilion returns Caroline Lucas as UK's first Green MP
- Where to buy your special election edition of The Argus
- Liveblog: Election night 2010 in Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Blog: Getting my questions to the Brighton Pavilion candidates
- Blog: Follow your leader - Brighton Pavilion.
- Election 2010: our guide to a hung parliament
- Blog: Secrecy in the Election
- Eastbourne Lib Dem volunteer arrested for Tory poster vandalism
- The big question: how will Brighton Pavilion vote on the 6th?