Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Results: 650 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 307||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: Serena Tierney
Candidate for: Sussex Mid
Party: Liberal Democrat
Why I want to be an MP: Mid Sussex needs real change.
Just like the rest of Britain we have been let down by Labour and Conservative governments.
I’ve spoken to thousands of people in our main towns of Burgess Hill, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath and surrounding villages such as Horsted Keynes, Staplefield, Cuckfield and Ashurst Wood among others.
There is a strong feeling that no one is listening to them and that long-standing problems are not being resolved.
Our area needs action, not words.
We need a proper plan for our area’s development and the power to make decisions about that given back to local people rather than Whitehall bureaucrats.
We need to protect vital local services such as our hospitals and schools and get more investment where it’s needed.
And we need a full-time MP who will champion local causes and be there when local people want them.
None of these issues are going to be dealt with by more of the same.
So it’s time for something new.
That’s why I’ve published a contract with voters.
In it I am making a commitment to do things such as publishing all my expenses online and to report back to local people regularly on what I’m doing.
Basic things I hope will start to rebuild people’s trust in politics.
Have a look, it’s on my website now.
Mid Sussex is on a knife edge.
Just a handful of votes will separate me and the Conservatives.
By backing me on May 6, local people will be voting for a fresh start and sending a message that it is time for action, not more empty words.
Relationship status: Long-term partner
Born: Bromley, Kent
Occupation: Intellectual property rights lawyer
Interests: Gardening, freedom of information, my cats, cooking
Your sayYour Argus
Add your comment
Register for a FREE The Argus account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- General election shake-up likely to result in Brighton by-election
- Brighton Pavilion returns Caroline Lucas as UK's first Green MP
- Where to buy your special election edition of The Argus
- Blog: Getting my questions to the Brighton Pavilion candidates
- Liveblog: Election night 2010 in Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Blog: Follow your leader - Brighton Pavilion.
- Election 2010: our guide to a hung parliament
- Blog: Secrecy in the Election
- Eastbourne Lib Dem volunteer arrested for Tory poster vandalism
- The big question: how will Brighton Pavilion vote on the 6th?