Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Results: 650 of 650 constituencies declared
|CON 307||LAB 258||LIB DEM 57||OTHER 28|
Name: Claire Hazelgrove
Candidate for: Skipton & Ripon
At time of selection, Claire was the second-youngest parliamentary candidate in party history.
She was born in Northamptonshire in 1988, and is now 21.
She attended both her local village primary school and her local comprehensive, Campion School, until completing her A-levels in history, law and psychology. Claire graduated with an honours degree in politics from the University of York.
While at university she founded and was chairman of the Politics Society, as well as being involved with the university’s Labour Club.
After leaving university, Claire helped build up a small business which helps long-term unemployed people in finding work.
Your sayYour Argus
Add your comment
Register for a FREE The Argus account and you can have your say on today's news and sport by adding comments on articles we publish. The best comments may even get published in the paper.
Please register now or log in below to continue.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- General election shake-up likely to result in Brighton by-election
- Brighton Pavilion returns Caroline Lucas as UK's first Green MP
- Where to buy your special election edition of The Argus
- Liveblog: Election night 2010 in Brighton, Hove and Sussex
- Blog: Getting my questions to the Brighton Pavilion candidates
- Blog: Follow your leader - Brighton Pavilion.
- Election 2010: our guide to a hung parliament
- Blog: Secrecy in the Election
- Eastbourne Lib Dem volunteer arrested for Tory poster vandalism
- The big question: how will Brighton Pavilion vote on the 6th?