It seems irresponsible that Public Health England should be advising people to freeze chicken to avoid campylobacter food poisoning, when it should advise people to avoid eating it altogether.
We know that more than half of shop-bought fresh chicken tests positive for campylobacter, which causes hundreds of thousands of food poisoning cases and kills around 100 people every year in the UK.
Given that campylobacter is spread through faeces, Public Health England might as well be advising people to make gravy using sewage, provided they boil it thoroughly first.
Readers may wish to consider a meat-free option for their Christmas dinner this year, rather than risk poisoning their loved ones, and can contact Animal Aid on 01732 364546 for free recipes and information.
Ben Martin Animal Aid