Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:25pm Sat 19 Jan 13

VegasSeagull says...

I have been banging on about how we should try to get two Ulloa types, two new strikers instead of just one.

Today Ulloa is out due to paper work but what if the reason was an injury, we would be back to a starting eleven such as this one.

If this starting eleven was considered short of the mark prior to Ulloa's arrival then it would remain so if he were out injured.

I still say we need a second striker, preferably one above 5 ft 10 inches tall.
I have been banging on about how we should try to get two Ulloa types, two new strikers instead of just one. Today Ulloa is out due to paper work but what if the reason was an injury, we would be back to a starting eleven such as this one. If this starting eleven was considered short of the mark prior to Ulloa's arrival then it would remain so if he were out injured. I still say we need a second striker, preferably one above 5 ft 10 inches tall. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

2:35pm Sat 19 Jan 13

fansince57 says...

"We assume international clearance did not come through in time".

No doubt a reasonable assumption - but does The Argus not have links with people in the club who can provide factual information? Isn't this what journalists are supposed to do?

Anyway, UTA - 3 pts and I'll be happy.
"We assume international clearance did not come through in time". No doubt a reasonable assumption - but does The Argus not have links with people in the club who can provide factual information? Isn't this what journalists are supposed to do? Anyway, UTA - 3 pts and I'll be happy. fansince57
  • Score: 0

2:46pm Sat 19 Jan 13

The Phantom says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
I have been banging on about how we should try to get two Ulloa types, two new strikers instead of just one.

Today Ulloa is out due to paper work but what if the reason was an injury, we would be back to a starting eleven such as this one.

If this starting eleven was considered short of the mark prior to Ulloa's arrival then it would remain so if he were out injured.

I still say we need a second striker, preferably one above 5 ft 10 inches tall.
For goodness sake, I take your point but how many strikers do you want. We have done o.k. with the strikers we have, but the signing of Ulloa is hopefully going to take us to the next level. We cannot keep signing strikers on the basis that the best one might get injured. I am sure CMS, Barnes and Hoskins still all have an important part to play althogh probably not Dobbie.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: I have been banging on about how we should try to get two Ulloa types, two new strikers instead of just one. Today Ulloa is out due to paper work but what if the reason was an injury, we would be back to a starting eleven such as this one. If this starting eleven was considered short of the mark prior to Ulloa's arrival then it would remain so if he were out injured. I still say we need a second striker, preferably one above 5 ft 10 inches tall.[/p][/quote]For goodness sake, I take your point but how many strikers do you want. We have done o.k. with the strikers we have, but the signing of Ulloa is hopefully going to take us to the next level. We cannot keep signing strikers on the basis that the best one might get injured. I am sure CMS, Barnes and Hoskins still all have an important part to play althogh probably not Dobbie. The Phantom
  • Score: 0

2:49pm Sat 19 Jan 13

WestStander17 says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
I have been banging on about how we should try to get two Ulloa types, two new strikers instead of just one. Today Ulloa is out due to paper work but what if the reason was an injury, we would be back to a starting eleven such as this one. If this starting eleven was considered short of the mark prior to Ulloa's arrival then it would remain so if he were out injured. I still say we need a second striker, preferably one above 5 ft 10 inches tall.
We have CMS, Hoskins, Dobbie, Barnes and now Ulloa all vying for, from what we've seen so far from Gus, one spot in the team. Ulloa definitely adds different options meaning we could have a second striker playing off of him but I'm not sure we need anymore strikers if all of the above stay in the transfer window. If Ulloa isn't available, we will just revert to how we have been lining up. If Vicente starts playing regularly, I actually think the desperate need for a target man decreases anyway as he will be able to provide better service for our "smaller" strikers. But it is definitely another string to our bow to have the target man option.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: I have been banging on about how we should try to get two Ulloa types, two new strikers instead of just one. Today Ulloa is out due to paper work but what if the reason was an injury, we would be back to a starting eleven such as this one. If this starting eleven was considered short of the mark prior to Ulloa's arrival then it would remain so if he were out injured. I still say we need a second striker, preferably one above 5 ft 10 inches tall.[/p][/quote]We have CMS, Hoskins, Dobbie, Barnes and now Ulloa all vying for, from what we've seen so far from Gus, one spot in the team. Ulloa definitely adds different options meaning we could have a second striker playing off of him but I'm not sure we need anymore strikers if all of the above stay in the transfer window. If Ulloa isn't available, we will just revert to how we have been lining up. If Vicente starts playing regularly, I actually think the desperate need for a target man decreases anyway as he will be able to provide better service for our "smaller" strikers. But it is definitely another string to our bow to have the target man option. WestStander17
  • Score: 0

2:55pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Clean Sheet says...

I've been to St Andrews a few times, and its OK, apart from all the Brummies!
Hoping for at least 1 point today.
I've been to St Andrews a few times, and its OK, apart from all the Brummies! Hoping for at least 1 point today. Clean Sheet
  • Score: 0

2:58pm Sat 19 Jan 13

VegasSeagull says...

Forest 1 Derby 1, that works for us.
Forest 1 Derby 1, that works for us. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

3:23pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

Bugger...
Bugger... Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

3:24pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

A goal down already---not the start we wanted!!!
A goal down already---not the start we wanted!!! mikeygit
  • Score: 0

3:27pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

Un-bugger...
Un-bugger... Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

3:29pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

Good response--and quickly--BARNES 1-1
Good response--and quickly--BARNES 1-1 mikeygit
  • Score: 0

3:33pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

Cor Argus thought Barnes had scored a second!!!
Cor Argus thought Barnes had scored a second!!! mikeygit
  • Score: 0

3:48pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

GREAT gone into the lead 1-2 Lopez
GREAT gone into the lead 1-2 Lopez mikeygit
  • Score: 0

4:04pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

come on Huddersfield get a couple against Watford--we need to start climbing up the league!!
come on Huddersfield get a couple against Watford--we need to start climbing up the league!! mikeygit
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

Now that Zigic has come on I have a bad feeling about this... :-/
Now that Zigic has come on I have a bad feeling about this... :-/ Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

4:37pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

Dear oh Dear--getting like last season Now 4 Albion players in the Refs book!!!
Dear oh Dear--getting like last season Now 4 Albion players in the Refs book!!! mikeygit
  • Score: 0

4:39pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

Dicker on for Orlandi--still no Vicente--too cold for the poor luv!!!
Dicker on for Orlandi--still no Vicente--too cold for the poor luv!!! mikeygit
  • Score: 0

4:46pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

mikeygit wrote:
Dicker on for Orlandi--still no Vicente--too cold for the poor luv!!!
Sheesh...
[quote][p][bold]mikeygit[/bold] wrote: Dicker on for Orlandi--still no Vicente--too cold for the poor luv!!![/p][/quote]Sheesh... Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

4:55pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

old scrote---your fears come true Z has scored in the 90 min---why oh why can we NOT close a game down!!!!
old scrote---your fears come true Z has scored in the 90 min---why oh why can we NOT close a game down!!!! mikeygit
  • Score: 0

4:58pm Sat 19 Jan 13

mikeygit says...

4 Teams now on 41 points--OK we have a game in hand BUT we have to win it like todays match 2points lost VERY disappointed!!!!!!!!
!!! Sorry guys to monopolies the board but only way of keeping in touch here in Spain!!!
4 Teams now on 41 points--OK we have a game in hand BUT we have to win it like todays match 2points lost VERY disappointed!!!!!!!! !!! Sorry guys to monopolies the board but only way of keeping in touch here in Spain!!! mikeygit
  • Score: 0

5:01pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Alfie T says...

Seriously pi@@ed off, schoolboy errors will cost us.
Seriously pi@@ed off, schoolboy errors will cost us. Alfie T
  • Score: 0

5:06pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Far gull says...

Same old albion this season.Why when we are in front do we not keep at them.dicker on for Orlandi not positive enough!
Cup is only chance of us getting to wembley i am sad to say.
Same old albion this season.Why when we are in front do we not keep at them.dicker on for Orlandi not positive enough! Cup is only chance of us getting to wembley i am sad to say. Far gull
  • Score: 0

5:10pm Sat 19 Jan 13

bbb1969 says...

Some people are still passionate about getting other strikers. Ok maybe a couple of half chances missed but bgham had a few chances also. The problem eas not strikers but discipline to the final whistle ehich is always difficult when 3 of your defenders are on yellow cards. Less cards more discipline. Strikers seem to be eanting to impress now with ulloa looming.
Some people are still passionate about getting other strikers. Ok maybe a couple of half chances missed but bgham had a few chances also. The problem eas not strikers but discipline to the final whistle ehich is always difficult when 3 of your defenders are on yellow cards. Less cards more discipline. Strikers seem to be eanting to impress now with ulloa looming. bbb1969
  • Score: 0

5:15pm Sat 19 Jan 13

bbb1969 says...

Bit of spellitus today "eas" should read is. Not sure what happened there. Also would have rested cms today and played hoskins
Bit of spellitus today "eas" should read is. Not sure what happened there. Also would have rested cms today and played hoskins bbb1969
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree