Albion hope to nurse the best out of Vicente

Vicente is seen as crucial to Albion's play-off hopes

Vicente is seen as crucial to Albion's play-off hopes

First published in Sport by , Chief sports reporter

GUS Poyet has backed Vicente to be Albion’s trump card – if they nurse him through the rest of the season.

The manager wants to use his injury-plagued Spanish playmaker as much as he can but has warned fans not to expect him to play 90 minutes in every game.

Vicente, below, started and lasted Tuesday’s 1-1 draw against Blackburn Rovers at The Amex.

The 31-year-old former Valencia ace celebrated his first full outing since August with Albion’s second-half equaliser from the spot after coming off the bench to strike the winner from a free-kick at home to Hull last Saturday.

Poyet said Vicente was “destroyed” and couldn’t walk following his exertions against Rovers.

The Uruguayan is relieved the Seagulls have a free weekend before Tuesday’s visit to table-toppers Cardiff. “I know people want Vicente to play 90 minutes every day,” Poyet said. “He cannot.

“Now, without any doubt, he looks much better than a month ago, and that’s why he was on the pitch for 90 minutes.

“We are going to use him as much as we can but we need to keep him fit because, of course, he can make the difference.

“With the other players understanding his game, him using the quality of the others, it could be interesting and very good for the rest of the season.”

Poyet was tempted to substitute Leo Ulloa in the second half against Blackburn but gave his Argentinian target man his second 90 minutes in English football.

The January signing from Almeria will be looking to break his duck in the Championship at Cardiff after scoring on his debut at home to Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Poyet said: “He is all right, happy. He is looking for that goal in the league and the sooner he scores it the better.”

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:31pm Fri 15 Feb 13

raymondo999 says...

Does anyone know exactly what vicente's fitness/Heath problem is? Gus said he couldn't walk after the rovers game. Is it arthritis?
Does anyone know exactly what vicente's fitness/Heath problem is? Gus said he couldn't walk after the rovers game. Is it arthritis? raymondo999
  • Score: 0

3:38pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Eddy B says...

Although disappointing for his fans Gus has stated categorically he can't play every 90 minutes so I guess we have to accept that, and that fitness is the reason (rather than some bizarre tactical decision) (although you'd think any professional sportsman, even one coming back from injury, should be able to cope, it's not as if he would be expected to run round all game like CMS).

A compromise could be a start for home games, and as a sub for away games?
Although disappointing for his fans Gus has stated categorically he can't play every 90 minutes so I guess we have to accept that, and that fitness is the reason (rather than some bizarre tactical decision) (although you'd think any professional sportsman, even one coming back from injury, should be able to cope, it's not as if he would be expected to run round all game like CMS). A compromise could be a start for home games, and as a sub for away games? Eddy B
  • Score: 0

3:59pm Fri 15 Feb 13

jockithenoo says...

raymondo999 wrote:
Does anyone know exactly what vicente's fitness/Heath problem is? Gus said he couldn't walk after the rovers game. Is it arthritis?
I thought it was something to do with the quadricep muscles
Some kind of a deep strain very difficult to get working properly again
UTA
[quote][p][bold]raymondo999[/bold] wrote: Does anyone know exactly what vicente's fitness/Heath problem is? Gus said he couldn't walk after the rovers game. Is it arthritis?[/p][/quote]I thought it was something to do with the quadricep muscles Some kind of a deep strain very difficult to get working properly again UTA jockithenoo
  • Score: 0

4:46pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Tony the tiger eastbourne says...

Vicente is quaility!! if we can get him to play in all of our last games to the end of the season, whether thats 20mins, 45mins or all game than thats got to be our target.
Vicente is quaility!! if we can get him to play in all of our last games to the end of the season, whether thats 20mins, 45mins or all game than thats got to be our target. Tony the tiger eastbourne
  • Score: 0

5:12pm Fri 15 Feb 13

LACHANCE says...

Vincente the best player we have ever had.We must look after him and he will win us games.Gus knows the best way to treat him.
Vincente the best player we have ever had.We must look after him and he will win us games.Gus knows the best way to treat him. LACHANCE
  • Score: 0

5:13pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Alan G Skinner says...

jockithenoo wrote:
raymondo999 wrote:
Does anyone know exactly what vicente's fitness/Heath problem is? Gus said he couldn't walk after the rovers game. Is it arthritis?
I thought it was something to do with the quadricep muscles
Some kind of a deep strain very difficult to get working properly again
UTA
He was exhausted. Vicente is obviously not 100% match fit or match sharp, so to compleat 90 minutes was a fantastic effort, especially given that he was still the best player on the park. That was his first 90 minutes for a very long time,but he will get fitter, stronger and sharper with every week that passes. Can't wait for Tuesday, I would imagine Vicente will be a second half sub, ready for another start at home to Burnley.
[quote][p][bold]jockithenoo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raymondo999[/bold] wrote: Does anyone know exactly what vicente's fitness/Heath problem is? Gus said he couldn't walk after the rovers game. Is it arthritis?[/p][/quote]I thought it was something to do with the quadricep muscles Some kind of a deep strain very difficult to get working properly again UTA[/p][/quote]He was exhausted. Vicente is obviously not 100% match fit or match sharp, so to compleat 90 minutes was a fantastic effort, especially given that he was still the best player on the park. That was his first 90 minutes for a very long time,but he will get fitter, stronger and sharper with every week that passes. Can't wait for Tuesday, I would imagine Vicente will be a second half sub, ready for another start at home to Burnley. Alan G Skinner
  • Score: 0

5:23pm Fri 15 Feb 13

the herbster says...

Its this simple Vicente Rodriguez is the most talented footballer to wear a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt in the last 112 years so just enjoy it because players like him dont pitch up here every day.
Its this simple Vicente Rodriguez is the most talented footballer to wear a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt in the last 112 years so just enjoy it because players like him dont pitch up here every day. the herbster
  • Score: 0

5:38pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Gee Jay says...

Do whatever it takes to keep him going, Gus.
After the wait, we will be pleased if Albion can keep him fit to play for however long the guy feels he can play.
He sure frightens the hell out of the opposition.
Do whatever it takes to keep him going, Gus. After the wait, we will be pleased if Albion can keep him fit to play for however long the guy feels he can play. He sure frightens the hell out of the opposition. Gee Jay
  • Score: 0

5:42pm Fri 15 Feb 13

VegasSeagull says...

Many years ago I used to climb ladders every day, I cleaned windows, I was as fit as a butcher's dog.
After that I spent 9 years pouring concrete, normally 18 truck loads a day would be pumped in, non stop work. I was in even better shape.
During this time I spent a day horse riding, had a week off, I couldn't walk for about 2 days and I was hurting for about 5 days.

I feel for Vicente.
Many years ago I used to climb ladders every day, I cleaned windows, I was as fit as a butcher's dog. After that I spent 9 years pouring concrete, normally 18 truck loads a day would be pumped in, non stop work. I was in even better shape. During this time I spent a day horse riding, had a week off, I couldn't walk for about 2 days and I was hurting for about 5 days. I feel for Vicente. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

6:00pm Fri 15 Feb 13

VegasSeagull says...

Yesterday I suggested that Brighton perhaps should consider taking, (if we could get him,) Krisztian Adorjan on loan from Liverpool. I have now read more about him and I have changed my mind, today I think we should try to buy him, around 800k should get him.

Yes he is young but I bet he starts for Liverpool sometime during next season. Check him out if you have the time. With the DS seemingly moving to a, buy better young and talented players than we have in the past this lad seems a perfect fit. I think he could possibly do a job for us right now in the absense of Hoskins.
Yesterday I suggested that Brighton perhaps should consider taking, (if we could get him,) Krisztian Adorjan on loan from Liverpool. I have now read more about him and I have changed my mind, today I think we should try to buy him, around 800k should get him. Yes he is young but I bet he starts for Liverpool sometime during next season. Check him out if you have the time. With the DS seemingly moving to a, buy better young and talented players than we have in the past this lad seems a perfect fit. I think he could possibly do a job for us right now in the absense of Hoskins. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

6:17pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Far gull says...

For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it. Far gull
  • Score: 0

6:25pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Lawro was God says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Yesterday I suggested that Brighton perhaps should consider taking, (if we could get him,) Krisztian Adorjan on loan from Liverpool. I have now read more about him and I have changed my mind, today I think we should try to buy him, around 800k should get him.

Yes he is young but I bet he starts for Liverpool sometime during next season. Check him out if you have the time. With the DS seemingly moving to a, buy better young and talented players than we have in the past this lad seems a perfect fit. I think he could possibly do a job for us right now in the absense of Hoskins.
Err how can we buy him? The transfer window has closed!
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Yesterday I suggested that Brighton perhaps should consider taking, (if we could get him,) Krisztian Adorjan on loan from Liverpool. I have now read more about him and I have changed my mind, today I think we should try to buy him, around 800k should get him. Yes he is young but I bet he starts for Liverpool sometime during next season. Check him out if you have the time. With the DS seemingly moving to a, buy better young and talented players than we have in the past this lad seems a perfect fit. I think he could possibly do a job for us right now in the absense of Hoskins.[/p][/quote]Err how can we buy him? The transfer window has closed! Lawro was God
  • Score: 0

6:27pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Lawro was God says...

Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
You have missed Frank Worhington off the list and Wardy would be above Grease other than that i like the look of it
[quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]You have missed Frank Worhington off the list and Wardy would be above Grease other than that i like the look of it Lawro was God
  • Score: 0

6:29pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Lawro was God says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Yesterday I suggested that Brighton perhaps should consider taking, (if we could get him,) Krisztian Adorjan on loan from Liverpool. I have now read more about him and I have changed my mind, today I think we should try to buy him, around 800k should get him.

Yes he is young but I bet he starts for Liverpool sometime during next season. Check him out if you have the time. With the DS seemingly moving to a, buy better young and talented players than we have in the past this lad seems a perfect fit. I think he could possibly do a job for us right now in the absense of Hoskins.
Err how can we buy him? The transfer window has closed!
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Yesterday I suggested that Brighton perhaps should consider taking, (if we could get him,) Krisztian Adorjan on loan from Liverpool. I have now read more about him and I have changed my mind, today I think we should try to buy him, around 800k should get him. Yes he is young but I bet he starts for Liverpool sometime during next season. Check him out if you have the time. With the DS seemingly moving to a, buy better young and talented players than we have in the past this lad seems a perfect fit. I think he could possibly do a job for us right now in the absense of Hoskins.[/p][/quote]Err how can we buy him? The transfer window has closed! Lawro was God
  • Score: 0

6:34pm Fri 15 Feb 13

VegasSeagull says...

Lawro was God wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote: Yesterday I suggested that Brighton perhaps should consider taking, (if we could get him,) Krisztian Adorjan on loan from Liverpool. I have now read more about him and I have changed my mind, today I think we should try to buy him, around 800k should get him. Yes he is young but I bet he starts for Liverpool sometime during next season. Check him out if you have the time. With the DS seemingly moving to a, buy better young and talented players than we have in the past this lad seems a perfect fit. I think he could possibly do a job for us right now in the absense of Hoskins.
Err how can we buy him? The transfer window has closed!
Loan deal with agreement to buy, much the same as the Dobbie deal.
[quote][p][bold]Lawro was God[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: Yesterday I suggested that Brighton perhaps should consider taking, (if we could get him,) Krisztian Adorjan on loan from Liverpool. I have now read more about him and I have changed my mind, today I think we should try to buy him, around 800k should get him. Yes he is young but I bet he starts for Liverpool sometime during next season. Check him out if you have the time. With the DS seemingly moving to a, buy better young and talented players than we have in the past this lad seems a perfect fit. I think he could possibly do a job for us right now in the absense of Hoskins.[/p][/quote]Err how can we buy him? The transfer window has closed![/p][/quote]Loan deal with agreement to buy, much the same as the Dobbie deal. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

6:48pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.
Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

6:59pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

Freeloaders wrote:
Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.
Blah blah made up facts blah blah made up evidence blah bah, change the record! Goodbye...
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.[/p][/quote]Blah blah made up facts blah blah made up evidence blah bah, change the record! Goodbye... Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

7:36pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Clean Sheet says...

Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?
[quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)? Clean Sheet
  • Score: 0

7:42pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.
Blah blah made up facts blah blah made up evidence blah bah, change the record! Goodbye...
Give us your evidence then ha?Iv named the clubs.Whats your evidence to the story,apart from your in love with the guy.
[quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.[/p][/quote]Blah blah made up facts blah blah made up evidence blah bah, change the record! Goodbye...[/p][/quote]Give us your evidence then ha?Iv named the clubs.Whats your evidence to the story,apart from your in love with the guy. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

7:43pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Lawro was God says...

Clean Sheet wrote:
Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?
Not having Micky Thomas took the p out of the club. Jimmy Case yes different class, Deano yes although got better when he left and never saw Bobby Smith so can't comment.

I would add Joe Corrigan and Peter Grummitt between the sticks though. Best keepers we had til TK came along
[quote][p][bold]Clean Sheet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?[/p][/quote]Not having Micky Thomas took the p out of the club. Jimmy Case yes different class, Deano yes although got better when he left and never saw Bobby Smith so can't comment. I would add Joe Corrigan and Peter Grummitt between the sticks though. Best keepers we had til TK came along Lawro was God
  • Score: 0

7:49pm Fri 15 Feb 13

raymondo999 says...

Freeloaders wrote:
Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.
And you are illiterate
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.[/p][/quote]And you are illiterate raymondo999
  • Score: 0

7:50pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Far gull says...

Clean Sheet wrote:
Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?
Forgot our current wayne bridge too . Now i have had more time to think about this the more complex it becomes,do you rate what the player has done for the albion? what they have achieved in our shirt ,before and after as well ? there is a case for all you have mentioned clean sheet. For pure skill with the ball,without it and as an attacker vicente has it for me but not including other criteria.
Open to all views on this subject.
the fact vicente was due to go to chesea for a reported 30 million but for surprise,surprise injury must take some beating. Mata was his under study.!!! perhaps he could join us when he is fed up at chelsea !
Perhaps we could get maluoda ,on loan, gather he's training with the development squad at the bridge!!!
[quote][p][bold]Clean Sheet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?[/p][/quote]Forgot our current wayne bridge too . Now i have had more time to think about this the more complex it becomes,do you rate what the player has done for the albion? what they have achieved in our shirt ,before and after as well ? there is a case for all you have mentioned clean sheet. For pure skill with the ball,without it and as an attacker vicente has it for me but not including other criteria. Open to all views on this subject. the fact vicente was due to go to chesea for a reported 30 million but for surprise,surprise injury must take some beating. Mata was his under study.!!! perhaps he could join us when he is fed up at chelsea ! Perhaps we could get maluoda ,on loan, gather he's training with the development squad at the bridge!!! Far gull
  • Score: 0

8:15pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

raymondo999 wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.
And you are illiterate
That hurts me so much lol.Go and have a chat with Harry Redknapp about football.His on record as saying he can't read or write.But like me his very rich from knowing more about football than you.
[quote][p][bold]raymondo999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.[/p][/quote]And you are illiterate[/p][/quote]That hurts me so much lol.Go and have a chat with Harry Redknapp about football.His on record as saying he can't read or write.But like me his very rich from knowing more about football than you. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

8:25pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Hovite says...

Clean Sheet wrote:
Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?
Micky Thomas never turned up. I remember games when he was on the team sheet when he was on his way up north.

Foster was over rated and ended up a Luton, Gary Stevens was far better than him.
[quote][p][bold]Clean Sheet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?[/p][/quote]Micky Thomas never turned up. I remember games when he was on the team sheet when he was on his way up north. Foster was over rated and ended up a Luton, Gary Stevens was far better than him. Hovite
  • Score: 0

8:28pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Hovite says...

Beat me to the Micky Thomas debacle Lawro was God.
Beat me to the Micky Thomas debacle Lawro was God. Hovite
  • Score: 0

8:51pm Fri 15 Feb 13

wiseman of hove says...

Far gull wrote:
Clean Sheet wrote:
Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?
Forgot our current wayne bridge too . Now i have had more time to think about this the more complex it becomes,do you rate what the player has done for the albion? what they have achieved in our shirt ,before and after as well ? there is a case for all you have mentioned clean sheet. For pure skill with the ball,without it and as an attacker vicente has it for me but not including other criteria.
Open to all views on this subject.
the fact vicente was due to go to chesea for a reported 30 million but for surprise,surprise injury must take some beating. Mata was his under study.!!! perhaps he could join us when he is fed up at chelsea !
Perhaps we could get maluoda ,on loan, gather he's training with the development squad at the bridge!!!
It is an impossible exercise this one. As you say, BobbySmith. 9 months before signing for the Albion, he was playing for England
Martin Chivers played several times for the Albion but it's what they did before that counts. I just missed Jimmy Langley but he went to Fulham and then played for England.
Much as I loved Fred, I could not put him in my top grouping. Not sure about Gary Williams also, although an excellent player. Phil Beal was for me, as good as Gary Stevens! Willie Bell was a brilliant left back. Could go on forever so I will stop, save to say that top of my list has to be Lawrenson.
[quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Clean Sheet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?[/p][/quote]Forgot our current wayne bridge too . Now i have had more time to think about this the more complex it becomes,do you rate what the player has done for the albion? what they have achieved in our shirt ,before and after as well ? there is a case for all you have mentioned clean sheet. For pure skill with the ball,without it and as an attacker vicente has it for me but not including other criteria. Open to all views on this subject. the fact vicente was due to go to chesea for a reported 30 million but for surprise,surprise injury must take some beating. Mata was his under study.!!! perhaps he could join us when he is fed up at chelsea ! Perhaps we could get maluoda ,on loan, gather he's training with the development squad at the bridge!!![/p][/quote]It is an impossible exercise this one. As you say, BobbySmith. 9 months before signing for the Albion, he was playing for England Martin Chivers played several times for the Albion but it's what they did before that counts. I just missed Jimmy Langley but he went to Fulham and then played for England. Much as I loved Fred, I could not put him in my top grouping. Not sure about Gary Williams also, although an excellent player. Phil Beal was for me, as good as Gary Stevens! Willie Bell was a brilliant left back. Could go on forever so I will stop, save to say that top of my list has to be Lawrenson. wiseman of hove
  • Score: 0

9:15pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Far gull says...

wiseman of hove wrote:
Far gull wrote:
Clean Sheet wrote:
Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?
Forgot our current wayne bridge too . Now i have had more time to think about this the more complex it becomes,do you rate what the player has done for the albion? what they have achieved in our shirt ,before and after as well ? there is a case for all you have mentioned clean sheet. For pure skill with the ball,without it and as an attacker vicente has it for me but not including other criteria.
Open to all views on this subject.
the fact vicente was due to go to chesea for a reported 30 million but for surprise,surprise injury must take some beating. Mata was his under study.!!! perhaps he could join us when he is fed up at chelsea !
Perhaps we could get maluoda ,on loan, gather he's training with the development squad at the bridge!!!
It is an impossible exercise this one. As you say, BobbySmith. 9 months before signing for the Albion, he was playing for England
Martin Chivers played several times for the Albion but it's what they did before that counts. I just missed Jimmy Langley but he went to Fulham and then played for England.
Much as I loved Fred, I could not put him in my top grouping. Not sure about Gary Williams also, although an excellent player. Phil Beal was for me, as good as Gary Stevens! Willie Bell was a brilliant left back. Could go on forever so I will stop, save to say that top of my list has to be Lawrenson.
Thanks Wiseman. Didn't see some of those you mentioned play but as defenders go lawro for us and after at Liverpool the most consistent over many years especially as at Liverpool he played many games out of position at left back. Gary Stevens potentially was better but had his career cut short at spurs due to injury ,sadly. So we will never know what he could have achieved.
The keepers mentioned also deserving
candidates for top ten as is TK.
Not easy.
[quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Clean Sheet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?[/p][/quote]Forgot our current wayne bridge too . Now i have had more time to think about this the more complex it becomes,do you rate what the player has done for the albion? what they have achieved in our shirt ,before and after as well ? there is a case for all you have mentioned clean sheet. For pure skill with the ball,without it and as an attacker vicente has it for me but not including other criteria. Open to all views on this subject. the fact vicente was due to go to chesea for a reported 30 million but for surprise,surprise injury must take some beating. Mata was his under study.!!! perhaps he could join us when he is fed up at chelsea ! Perhaps we could get maluoda ,on loan, gather he's training with the development squad at the bridge!!![/p][/quote]It is an impossible exercise this one. As you say, BobbySmith. 9 months before signing for the Albion, he was playing for England Martin Chivers played several times for the Albion but it's what they did before that counts. I just missed Jimmy Langley but he went to Fulham and then played for England. Much as I loved Fred, I could not put him in my top grouping. Not sure about Gary Williams also, although an excellent player. Phil Beal was for me, as good as Gary Stevens! Willie Bell was a brilliant left back. Could go on forever so I will stop, save to say that top of my list has to be Lawrenson.[/p][/quote]Thanks Wiseman. Didn't see some of those you mentioned play but as defenders go lawro for us and after at Liverpool the most consistent over many years especially as at Liverpool he played many games out of position at left back. Gary Stevens potentially was better but had his career cut short at spurs due to injury ,sadly. So we will never know what he could have achieved. The keepers mentioned also deserving candidates for top ten as is TK. Not easy. Far gull
  • Score: 0

9:25pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Dr Baldhead says...

Freeloaders wrote:
Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.
You have a very unhealthy obsession will Will Hoskins. My 12 year old daughter has noticed him lately and she was gutted when he was stretchered off. Perhaps you feel the same and are just going thru a stage of denial. He is a very handsome lad after all....
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.[/p][/quote]You have a very unhealthy obsession will Will Hoskins. My 12 year old daughter has noticed him lately and she was gutted when he was stretchered off. Perhaps you feel the same and are just going thru a stage of denial. He is a very handsome lad after all.... Dr Baldhead
  • Score: 0

10:00pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Baldseagull says...

Freeloaders wrote:
raymondo999 wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.
And you are illiterate
That hurts me so much lol.Go and have a chat with Harry Redknapp about football.His on record as saying he can't read or write.But like me his very rich from knowing more about football than you.
I would think the similarity between you and Harry Redknapp begins and ends with the illiteracy.
Though maybe you have a face like a bag of spanners too.
If you want to take what a players previous club says or thinks about a player as fact, then Vicente's injury problems are in his mind, that is what Valencia said.
Personally, I think he has had genuine injury problem(s), I also think Hoskins is a player worth hanging onto and that you are a retard.
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raymondo999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.[/p][/quote]And you are illiterate[/p][/quote]That hurts me so much lol.Go and have a chat with Harry Redknapp about football.His on record as saying he can't read or write.But like me his very rich from knowing more about football than you.[/p][/quote]I would think the similarity between you and Harry Redknapp begins and ends with the illiteracy. Though maybe you have a face like a bag of spanners too. If you want to take what a players previous club says or thinks about a player as fact, then Vicente's injury problems are in his mind, that is what Valencia said. Personally, I think he has had genuine injury problem(s), I also think Hoskins is a player worth hanging onto and that you are a retard. Baldseagull
  • Score: 0

10:43pm Fri 15 Feb 13

SanFranciscoSeagull says...

Clean Sheet wrote:
Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?
Having followed the Albion since 1963, I'd have to say Lawro, then Wardy. Booby Smith was great for one season, and he took us out of Div 4. agree as well about the goalies, Grummitt for sure, and how about Mosely?......But Fred Binney? Surely you jest...
[quote][p][bold]Clean Sheet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?[/p][/quote]Having followed the Albion since 1963, I'd have to say Lawro, then Wardy. Booby Smith was great for one season, and he took us out of Div 4. agree as well about the goalies, Grummitt for sure, and how about Mosely?......But Fred Binney? Surely you jest... SanFranciscoSeagull
  • Score: 0

11:29pm Fri 15 Feb 13

tonytowner1 says...

LACHANCE wrote:
Vincente the best player we have ever had.We must look after him and he will win us games.Gus knows the best way to treat him.
Yes, Gus has already proven this on many occasions both this season and last season!!!!
[quote][p][bold]LACHANCE[/bold] wrote: Vincente the best player we have ever had.We must look after him and he will win us games.Gus knows the best way to treat him.[/p][/quote]Yes, Gus has already proven this on many occasions both this season and last season!!!! tonytowner1
  • Score: 0

1:24am Sat 16 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Baldseagull wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
raymondo999 wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.
And you are illiterate
That hurts me so much lol.Go and have a chat with Harry Redknapp about football.His on record as saying he can't read or write.But like me his very rich from knowing more about football than you.
I would think the similarity between you and Harry Redknapp begins and ends with the illiteracy.
Though maybe you have a face like a bag of spanners too.
If you want to take what a players previous club says or thinks about a player as fact, then Vicente's injury problems are in his mind, that is what Valencia said.
Personally, I think he has had genuine injury problem(s), I also think Hoskins is a player worth hanging onto and that you are a retard.
Well when football has given you what i have i may take some notice of you Hovite.
[quote][p][bold]Baldseagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raymondo999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: Lol So how comes most of you have not had a good word to say about Vicente all season.Because you all seem to know why is not playing.But Mr,Hoskins is always the blue eyed boy.The fact is you have know evidence about Vicente.But there is loads of evidence from other clubs about a very young Hoskins.It kind of backs me again.You people just believe what you want to believe because most of you can't think for yourselfs.[/p][/quote]And you are illiterate[/p][/quote]That hurts me so much lol.Go and have a chat with Harry Redknapp about football.His on record as saying he can't read or write.But like me his very rich from knowing more about football than you.[/p][/quote]I would think the similarity between you and Harry Redknapp begins and ends with the illiteracy. Though maybe you have a face like a bag of spanners too. If you want to take what a players previous club says or thinks about a player as fact, then Vicente's injury problems are in his mind, that is what Valencia said. Personally, I think he has had genuine injury problem(s), I also think Hoskins is a player worth hanging onto and that you are a retard.[/p][/quote]Well when football has given you what i have i may take some notice of you Hovite. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

1:36am Sat 16 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

I think if the poor guy can not walk after just 90mins of football its safe to say its a genuine injury.I don't think your find Valencia really ever said it was only in his mind.I think everyone knows a fully fit Vicente would never be playing at Brighton if things were 100% ok.If you think Hoskins will ever score the goals to take the club to the pre-league the only retard is you then
I think if the poor guy can not walk after just 90mins of football its safe to say its a genuine injury.I don't think your find Valencia really ever said it was only in his mind.I think everyone knows a fully fit Vicente would never be playing at Brighton if things were 100% ok.If you think Hoskins will ever score the goals to take the club to the pre-league the only retard is you then Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

4:51am Sat 16 Feb 13

Clean Sheet says...

SanFranciscoSeagull wrote:
Clean Sheet wrote:
Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?
Having followed the Albion since 1963, I'd have to say Lawro, then Wardy. Booby Smith was great for one season, and he took us out of Div 4. agree as well about the goalies, Grummitt for sure, and how about Mosely?......But Fred Binney? Surely you jest...
Also forgot John Gregory. He was pretty good in an Albion shirt too.
[quote][p][bold]SanFranciscoSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Clean Sheet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]What about Dean Saunders? Micky Thomas? Jimmy Case? Bobby Smith (early 1960's, was the number 9 for England)?[/p][/quote]Having followed the Albion since 1963, I'd have to say Lawro, then Wardy. Booby Smith was great for one season, and he took us out of Div 4. agree as well about the goalies, Grummitt for sure, and how about Mosely?......But Fred Binney? Surely you jest...[/p][/quote]Also forgot John Gregory. He was pretty good in an Albion shirt too. Clean Sheet
  • Score: 0

9:22am Sat 16 Feb 13

Baldseagull says...

Freeloaders wrote:
I think if the poor guy can not walk after just 90mins of football its safe to say its a genuine injury.I don't think your find Valencia really ever said it was only in his mind.I think everyone knows a fully fit Vicente would never be playing at Brighton if things were 100% ok.If you think Hoskins will ever score the goals to take the club to the pre-league the only retard is you then
Just to clarify, Vicente is not currently believed to be injured, he is just fatigued with 90 minutes of playing as he is not match fit
Valencia, or staff from Valencia did suggest that perhaps his injury was in his mind, and then, to paraphrase, they got rid of the vile freeloader quickly.
I don't know if Hoskins will score in the numbers required to make the difference, but I reckon he has the potential to do so, Gus must have thought so too, at least when he bought him. If he has attitude problems as you have suggested, then Gus has to do his job as a manager and correct that, it seems that Gus was happy with Hoskins at the moment though, so maybe he has already taken care of the problems no-one but you were aware of.
If you have earned a penny from football it must have been via the pools.
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I think if the poor guy can not walk after just 90mins of football its safe to say its a genuine injury.I don't think your find Valencia really ever said it was only in his mind.I think everyone knows a fully fit Vicente would never be playing at Brighton if things were 100% ok.If you think Hoskins will ever score the goals to take the club to the pre-league the only retard is you then[/p][/quote]Just to clarify, Vicente is not currently believed to be injured, he is just fatigued with 90 minutes of playing as he is not match fit Valencia, or staff from Valencia did suggest that perhaps his injury was in his mind, and then, to paraphrase, they got rid of the vile freeloader quickly. I don't know if Hoskins will score in the numbers required to make the difference, but I reckon he has the potential to do so, Gus must have thought so too, at least when he bought him. If he has attitude problems as you have suggested, then Gus has to do his job as a manager and correct that, it seems that Gus was happy with Hoskins at the moment though, so maybe he has already taken care of the problems no-one but you were aware of. If you have earned a penny from football it must have been via the pools. Baldseagull
  • Score: 0

12:56pm Sat 16 Feb 13

Claude Back says...

the herbster wrote:
Its this simple Vicente Rodriguez is the most talented footballer to wear a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt in the last 112 years so just enjoy it because players like him dont pitch up here every day.
Sorry, but although Vicente is good he is not the best player ever for the Albion. There are quite a few who could creep into that category. You obviously have not been watching the Albion that long to make such a statement.
[quote][p][bold]the herbster[/bold] wrote: Its this simple Vicente Rodriguez is the most talented footballer to wear a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt in the last 112 years so just enjoy it because players like him dont pitch up here every day.[/p][/quote]Sorry, but although Vicente is good he is not the best player ever for the Albion. There are quite a few who could creep into that category. You obviously have not been watching the Albion that long to make such a statement. Claude Back
  • Score: 0

12:58pm Sat 16 Feb 13

mr punch says...

Lawro was God wrote:
Far gull wrote:
For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday.
I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than
in this order ???
Lawro
gary stevens
Wardie
Fozzie
Zamora
Gary Williams
Brian Horton
Fred Binney

Bet this gets some heated debate!!!
Well those that can remember :-)
With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.
You have missed Frank Worhington off the list and Wardy would be above Grease other than that i like the look of it
Good list but I wold've had Paul Dikov on there too, even i he was only with us for a while, he made a major contribution when we needed it.
[quote][p][bold]Lawro was God[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: For all the doubts ,talk etc( many me included ) We need him in the team for as long as he can take it till the end of the season. All credit to him for now proving so many on here wrong as i noticed he had a smile a number of times on tuesday. I echo those on here, He is quite simply the most talented player to wear the albion colours, i never thought he i would see someone better than in this order ??? Lawro gary stevens Wardie Fozzie Zamora Gary Williams Brian Horton Fred Binney Bet this gets some heated debate!!! Well those that can remember :-) With V we may yet make the play offs ,without forget it.[/p][/quote]You have missed Frank Worhington off the list and Wardy would be above Grease other than that i like the look of it[/p][/quote]Good list but I wold've had Paul Dikov on there too, even i he was only with us for a while, he made a major contribution when we needed it. mr punch
  • Score: 0

5:58pm Sat 16 Feb 13

tinker111 says...

the herbster wrote:
Its this simple Vicente Rodriguez is the most talented footballer to wear a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt in the last 112 years so just enjoy it because players like him dont pitch up here every day.
Not the most but up there in the top five ,yes and am big fan of Albion for very many years and so enjoyed the master class V Blackburn by V R as to nursing for rest of season " think not" as he will be gone at end of season and we will need the true honest pro's to play for Albion,yes you know who those are they break leg and yet are back ASAP
[quote][p][bold]the herbster[/bold] wrote: Its this simple Vicente Rodriguez is the most talented footballer to wear a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt in the last 112 years so just enjoy it because players like him dont pitch up here every day.[/p][/quote]Not the most but up there in the top five ,yes and am big fan of Albion for very many years and so enjoyed the master class V Blackburn by V R as to nursing for rest of season " think not" as he will be gone at end of season and we will need the true honest pro's to play for Albion,yes you know who those are they break leg and yet are back ASAP tinker111
  • Score: 0

1:30am Sun 17 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Baldseagull wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
I think if the poor guy can not walk after just 90mins of football its safe to say its a genuine injury.I don't think your find Valencia really ever said it was only in his mind.I think everyone knows a fully fit Vicente would never be playing at Brighton if things were 100% ok.If you think Hoskins will ever score the goals to take the club to the pre-league the only retard is you then
Just to clarify, Vicente is not currently believed to be injured, he is just fatigued with 90 minutes of playing as he is not match fit
Valencia, or staff from Valencia did suggest that perhaps his injury was in his mind, and then, to paraphrase, they got rid of the vile freeloader quickly.
I don't know if Hoskins will score in the numbers required to make the difference, but I reckon he has the potential to do so, Gus must have thought so too, at least when he bought him. If he has attitude problems as you have suggested, then Gus has to do his job as a manager and correct that, it seems that Gus was happy with Hoskins at the moment though, so maybe he has already taken care of the problems no-one but you were aware of.
If you have earned a penny from football it must have been via the pools.
Brain dead mug Gus was not playing him for weeks even when fit.Ask yourself why brain dead mug.Murray outstanding yet again 27th goal.Just watch Murray,Dobbie,and K,Phillips on football league show tonight.Also watch C,Davies for Bolton.Please Hoskins a good deal lol.Do me a favour you brain dead mug.What you know about football could be put on the back of a stamp.
[quote][p][bold]Baldseagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I think if the poor guy can not walk after just 90mins of football its safe to say its a genuine injury.I don't think your find Valencia really ever said it was only in his mind.I think everyone knows a fully fit Vicente would never be playing at Brighton if things were 100% ok.If you think Hoskins will ever score the goals to take the club to the pre-league the only retard is you then[/p][/quote]Just to clarify, Vicente is not currently believed to be injured, he is just fatigued with 90 minutes of playing as he is not match fit Valencia, or staff from Valencia did suggest that perhaps his injury was in his mind, and then, to paraphrase, they got rid of the vile freeloader quickly. I don't know if Hoskins will score in the numbers required to make the difference, but I reckon he has the potential to do so, Gus must have thought so too, at least when he bought him. If he has attitude problems as you have suggested, then Gus has to do his job as a manager and correct that, it seems that Gus was happy with Hoskins at the moment though, so maybe he has already taken care of the problems no-one but you were aware of. If you have earned a penny from football it must have been via the pools.[/p][/quote]Brain dead mug Gus was not playing him for weeks even when fit.Ask yourself why brain dead mug.Murray outstanding yet again 27th goal.Just watch Murray,Dobbie,and K,Phillips on football league show tonight.Also watch C,Davies for Bolton.Please Hoskins a good deal lol.Do me a favour you brain dead mug.What you know about football could be put on the back of a stamp. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

11:52am Sun 17 Feb 13

Baldseagull says...

Freeloaders wrote:
Baldseagull wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
I think if the poor guy can not walk after just 90mins of football its safe to say its a genuine injury.I don't think your find Valencia really ever said it was only in his mind.I think everyone knows a fully fit Vicente would never be playing at Brighton if things were 100% ok.If you think Hoskins will ever score the goals to take the club to the pre-league the only retard is you then
Just to clarify, Vicente is not currently believed to be injured, he is just fatigued with 90 minutes of playing as he is not match fit
Valencia, or staff from Valencia did suggest that perhaps his injury was in his mind, and then, to paraphrase, they got rid of the vile freeloader quickly.
I don't know if Hoskins will score in the numbers required to make the difference, but I reckon he has the potential to do so, Gus must have thought so too, at least when he bought him. If he has attitude problems as you have suggested, then Gus has to do his job as a manager and correct that, it seems that Gus was happy with Hoskins at the moment though, so maybe he has already taken care of the problems no-one but you were aware of.
If you have earned a penny from football it must have been via the pools.
Brain dead mug Gus was not playing him for weeks even when fit.Ask yourself why brain dead mug.Murray outstanding yet again 27th goal.Just watch Murray,Dobbie,and K,Phillips on football league show tonight.Also watch C,Davies for Bolton.Please Hoskins a good deal lol.Do me a favour you brain dead mug.What you know about football could be put on the back of a stamp.
He also has not played Lua Lua or Calderon when fit as much as he could have, are these vile freeloaders too?
I asked myself the question, why has Gus not played Hoskins as much as he could have? And I gave myself the answer that he preferred CMS and Barnes for those games.

For half the time Hoskins has been here he has been injured, has been out on loan and is injured again now, but I believe he will show you up for the idiot you are next season, either here or at another club.
I rate all the players you have mentioned, particularly Murray, but am I supposed to watch them and suddenly think Hoskins is pants though? I would swap Hoskins for Murray in a heartbeat, but that is not saying Hoskins is no use, just that Murray is a safer bet.
I am not involved in Football in any professional capacity, never have been and never will be, just like you.
I don't claim to have a mate who is a scout, have had a chat with Vicente in Sainsburys or Noone on the pier, it is just my opinion.
Likewise, I am not involved with people with learning difficulties in any professional way, it is just my opinion that you are a halfwit.
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baldseagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I think if the poor guy can not walk after just 90mins of football its safe to say its a genuine injury.I don't think your find Valencia really ever said it was only in his mind.I think everyone knows a fully fit Vicente would never be playing at Brighton if things were 100% ok.If you think Hoskins will ever score the goals to take the club to the pre-league the only retard is you then[/p][/quote]Just to clarify, Vicente is not currently believed to be injured, he is just fatigued with 90 minutes of playing as he is not match fit Valencia, or staff from Valencia did suggest that perhaps his injury was in his mind, and then, to paraphrase, they got rid of the vile freeloader quickly. I don't know if Hoskins will score in the numbers required to make the difference, but I reckon he has the potential to do so, Gus must have thought so too, at least when he bought him. If he has attitude problems as you have suggested, then Gus has to do his job as a manager and correct that, it seems that Gus was happy with Hoskins at the moment though, so maybe he has already taken care of the problems no-one but you were aware of. If you have earned a penny from football it must have been via the pools.[/p][/quote]Brain dead mug Gus was not playing him for weeks even when fit.Ask yourself why brain dead mug.Murray outstanding yet again 27th goal.Just watch Murray,Dobbie,and K,Phillips on football league show tonight.Also watch C,Davies for Bolton.Please Hoskins a good deal lol.Do me a favour you brain dead mug.What you know about football could be put on the back of a stamp.[/p][/quote]He also has not played Lua Lua or Calderon when fit as much as he could have, are these vile freeloaders too? I asked myself the question, why has Gus not played Hoskins as much as he could have? And I gave myself the answer that he preferred CMS and Barnes for those games. For half the time Hoskins has been here he has been injured, has been out on loan and is injured again now, but I believe he will show you up for the idiot you are next season, either here or at another club. I rate all the players you have mentioned, particularly Murray, but am I supposed to watch them and suddenly think Hoskins is pants though? I would swap Hoskins for Murray in a heartbeat, but that is not saying Hoskins is no use, just that Murray is a safer bet. I am not involved in Football in any professional capacity, never have been and never will be, just like you. I don't claim to have a mate who is a scout, have had a chat with Vicente in Sainsburys or Noone on the pier, it is just my opinion. Likewise, I am not involved with people with learning difficulties in any professional way, it is just my opinion that you are a halfwit. Baldseagull
  • Score: 0

2:07pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Go to west Hove sainsburys then and you can have a chat with Vicente.I don't care what you think you silly man iv got the pics on my phone to prove it.Same as with Nooney.He even told me he would go down there most afternoons on his own after training.Watch the football league show and open your eyes you brain dead mug.Then get off your backside and go and watch some other teams and ask around what most people think about these brighton players.JFC,Dunk,Cro
ft,Hoskin,and LuaLua are just nightclub kings.NUFC couldn't wait to get LuaLua off the clubs wage,and know other club wanted for the reason in the papers,and thats the same with Croft at Norwich.Plus the same with Hoskins at every other club his been at even at just 22 and so many clubs already.
Go to west Hove sainsburys then and you can have a chat with Vicente.I don't care what you think you silly man iv got the pics on my phone to prove it.Same as with Nooney.He even told me he would go down there most afternoons on his own after training.Watch the football league show and open your eyes you brain dead mug.Then get off your backside and go and watch some other teams and ask around what most people think about these brighton players.JFC,Dunk,Cro ft,Hoskin,and LuaLua are just nightclub kings.NUFC couldn't wait to get LuaLua off the clubs wage,and know other club wanted for the reason in the papers,and thats the same with Croft at Norwich.Plus the same with Hoskins at every other club his been at even at just 22 and so many clubs already. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree