The ArgusUpdated: Poyet ends fight with Albion (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Updated: Poyet ends fight with Albion

The Argus: Gus Poyet Gus Poyet

  Former Albion boss Gus Poyet has dropped his employment tribunal claim against the club - without receiving a penny in compensation.


  Poyet, now in charge of Sunderland, opted for legal action after he was sacked by the Seagulls in June for gross misconduct and lost his club appeal against the verdict.


  A statement made by a legal representative on behalf of the Uruguayan read: "In relation to Mr Gus Poyet's departure from Brighton Football Club, both Mr Gus Poyet and Brighton Football Club have now reached a settlement whereby Mr Gus Poyet has withdrawn his Employment Tribunal Claim."


  The Argus understands the agreement reached between the parties does not involve any financial settlement.


  Poyet's legal representative added: "Mr Gus Poyet would like to take this opportunity to express his sincere thanks to Brighton Football Club and in particular the fans for the tremendous support received during his time as manager at Brighton Football Club.


  "Mr Gus Poyet wishes both Brighton Football Club and the fans well for the future."


  Albion refused to comment.

Comments (65)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:11pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Yorkieseagull says...

Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?
Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie? Yorkieseagull
  • Score: 22

3:19pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Gee Jay says...

Thanks for all the good times Gus, you helped Tony Bloom move this club up a couple of 'notches'.
I wish you well as a Premiership manager, where you always wanted to be.
Now let's all move onwards and upwards
UTA
Thanks for all the good times Gus, you helped Tony Bloom move this club up a couple of 'notches'. I wish you well as a Premiership manager, where you always wanted to be. Now let's all move onwards and upwards UTA Gee Jay
  • Score: 38

3:31pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: -13

3:36pm Fri 8 Nov 13

AlanDuffy says...

Just a shame we couldn't have reached such an agreement months ago - bit if brinksmanship on both sides, I suspect. Still, glad it's over, time to move on.
Just a shame we couldn't have reached such an agreement months ago - bit if brinksmanship on both sides, I suspect. Still, glad it's over, time to move on. AlanDuffy
  • Score: 14

3:42pm Fri 8 Nov 13

pjwilk says...

Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know. pjwilk
  • Score: -69

3:49pm Fri 8 Nov 13

brightonup says...

Yorkieseagull wrote:
Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?
There's a good chance we will be playing Sunderland next season, one way or another.....
[quote][p][bold]Yorkieseagull[/bold] wrote: Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?[/p][/quote]There's a good chance we will be playing Sunderland next season, one way or another..... brightonup
  • Score: 13

3:52pm Fri 8 Nov 13

ringtone says...

pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
Wrongly maybe the answer you are looking for judging by the club settling out of court.

But I am sure Big Arnie will put us all right
[quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]Wrongly maybe the answer you are looking for judging by the club settling out of court. But I am sure Big Arnie will put us all right ringtone
  • Score: -18

3:53pm Fri 8 Nov 13

ringtone says...

brightonup wrote:
Yorkieseagull wrote:
Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?
There's a good chance we will be playing Sunderland next season, one way or another.....
I think you know the way it will be.
[quote][p][bold]brightonup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Yorkieseagull[/bold] wrote: Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?[/p][/quote]There's a good chance we will be playing Sunderland next season, one way or another.....[/p][/quote]I think you know the way it will be. ringtone
  • Score: -11

3:58pm Fri 8 Nov 13

JoeBlow says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football. JoeBlow
  • Score: 2

4:06pm Fri 8 Nov 13

ringtone says...

JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
Brilliant spot JoeBlow.

Talk your way out of that one Arnie.

I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.
[quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]Brilliant spot JoeBlow. Talk your way out of that one Arnie. I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal. ringtone
  • Score: -3

4:26pm Fri 8 Nov 13

JoeBlow says...

JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
I meant to add on the end, "like Ringtone."
[quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]I meant to add on the end, "like Ringtone." JoeBlow
  • Score: 11

4:40pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Ex-pat Arnie says...

JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
You may be right, but my guess is the lawyer's a Palace fan :-)
[quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]You may be right, but my guess is the lawyer's a Palace fan :-) Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 0

4:41pm Fri 8 Nov 13

ClorsonSeagull says...

JoeBlow wrote:
JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
I meant to add on the end, "like Ringtone."
Lol, poor old ringtongue!
[quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]I meant to add on the end, "like Ringtone."[/p][/quote]Lol, poor old ringtongue! ClorsonSeagull
  • Score: 3

4:43pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Ex-pat Arnie says...

ringtone wrote:
JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
Brilliant spot JoeBlow.

Talk your way out of that one Arnie.

I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.
I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]Brilliant spot JoeBlow. Talk your way out of that one Arnie. I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.[/p][/quote]I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"? Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: -1

4:53pm Fri 8 Nov 13

mikeygit says...

A while ago many of us were fed up with the Argus continually printing Gus Stories, but I guess this is the best one and one we had been hoping for. Good luck Gus, we all move on and maybe see you in the Championship next season. Be interesting to see what reception the crowd gives him!!
A while ago many of us were fed up with the Argus continually printing Gus Stories, but I guess this is the best one and one we had been hoping for. Good luck Gus, we all move on and maybe see you in the Championship next season. Be interesting to see what reception the crowd gives him!! mikeygit
  • Score: 9

4:57pm Fri 8 Nov 13

ringtone says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
ringtone wrote:
JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
Brilliant spot JoeBlow.

Talk your way out of that one Arnie.

I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.
I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?
There has been a settlement to Gus.

Never believe what you read in the papers.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]Brilliant spot JoeBlow. Talk your way out of that one Arnie. I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.[/p][/quote]I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?[/p][/quote]There has been a settlement to Gus. Never believe what you read in the papers. ringtone
  • Score: -14

5:00pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Albion In Staffs says...

ringtone wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
ringtone wrote:
JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
Brilliant spot JoeBlow.

Talk your way out of that one Arnie.

I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.
I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?
There has been a settlement to Gus.

Never believe what you read in the papers.
Didn't realise you were in the know. Tell us what it is then......
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]Brilliant spot JoeBlow. Talk your way out of that one Arnie. I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.[/p][/quote]I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?[/p][/quote]There has been a settlement to Gus. Never believe what you read in the papers.[/p][/quote]Didn't realise you were in the know. Tell us what it is then...... Albion In Staffs
  • Score: 2

5:00pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Albion In Staffs says...

ringtone wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
ringtone wrote:
JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
Brilliant spot JoeBlow.

Talk your way out of that one Arnie.

I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.
I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?
There has been a settlement to Gus.

Never believe what you read in the papers.
Didn't realise you were in the know. Tell us what it is then......
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]Brilliant spot JoeBlow. Talk your way out of that one Arnie. I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.[/p][/quote]I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?[/p][/quote]There has been a settlement to Gus. Never believe what you read in the papers.[/p][/quote]Didn't realise you were in the know. Tell us what it is then...... Albion In Staffs
  • Score: -1

5:05pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Ex-pat Arnie says...

ringtone wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
ringtone wrote:
JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
Brilliant spot JoeBlow.

Talk your way out of that one Arnie.

I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.
I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?
There has been a settlement to Gus.

Never believe what you read in the papers.
(a) Of course there's been a settlement - that's precisely what the article says.

(b) What has that go to do with anything? What am I meant to talk my way out of? All I said was that the club has been repeatedly referred to as Brighton Football Club.

Many on here thought that this is the way it would eventually end once Gus found employment. It seems that the club had a watertight case (as confirmed by an outside legal team) and there were very few options for Mr Gus.
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]Brilliant spot JoeBlow. Talk your way out of that one Arnie. I thought you had better than 20/20 vision after the disallowed Watford Goal.[/p][/quote]I'm not sure what I need to talk my way out of, but you see that bit in the article's title that says "Updated"?[/p][/quote]There has been a settlement to Gus. Never believe what you read in the papers.[/p][/quote](a) Of course there's been a settlement - that's precisely what the article says. (b) What has that go to do with anything? What am I meant to talk my way out of? All I said was that the club has been repeatedly referred to as Brighton Football Club. Many on here thought that this is the way it would eventually end once Gus found employment. It seems that the club had a watertight case (as confirmed by an outside legal team) and there were very few options for Mr Gus. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: -2

5:06pm Fri 8 Nov 13

woodcroft says...

we will be playing Sunderland net year one way or another!
Really !not if we are in division 1 ,which really worries me.
we will be playing Sunderland net year one way or another! Really !not if we are in division 1 ,which really worries me. woodcroft
  • Score: -22

5:12pm Fri 8 Nov 13

VegasSeagull says...

Good news but not unexpected, I think he has his hands full in his current job and I doubt his employers want him to be distracted.
Good news but not unexpected, I think he has his hands full in his current job and I doubt his employers want him to be distracted. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 5

5:24pm Fri 8 Nov 13

brightonup says...

ringtone wrote:
brightonup wrote:
Yorkieseagull wrote:
Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?
There's a good chance we will be playing Sunderland next season, one way or another.....
I think you know the way it will be.
No you don't dungtone...
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brightonup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Yorkieseagull[/bold] wrote: Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?[/p][/quote]There's a good chance we will be playing Sunderland next season, one way or another.....[/p][/quote]I think you know the way it will be.[/p][/quote]No you don't dungtone... brightonup
  • Score: -1

5:28pm Fri 8 Nov 13

OldGull says...

pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
who cares, its over, move on, support OG
We are only 2 points worse off than this time last year with a massive injury list
UTA
[quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]who cares, its over, move on, support OG We are only 2 points worse off than this time last year with a massive injury list UTA OldGull
  • Score: 12

5:31pm Fri 8 Nov 13

saraman says...

woodcroft wrote:
we will be playing Sunderland net year one way or another! Really !not if we are in division 1 ,which really worries me.
Plonker!!!!
[quote][p][bold]woodcroft[/bold] wrote: we will be playing Sunderland net year one way or another! Really !not if we are in division 1 ,which really worries me.[/p][/quote]Plonker!!!! saraman
  • Score: 4

5:31pm Fri 8 Nov 13

johnpears says...

Such a shame, now we will never know what happened..
Such a shame, now we will never know what happened.. johnpears
  • Score: 4

5:40pm Fri 8 Nov 13

mrgull says...

Do you think the Albion earmarked monies just in case things went wrong with the Gus issue.If so,can that money now be redirected to strengthening the squad come January
Do you think the Albion earmarked monies just in case things went wrong with the Gus issue.If so,can that money now be redirected to strengthening the squad come January mrgull
  • Score: 7

5:42pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Claude Back says...

Yorkieseagull wrote:
Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?
Yes...as our manager.
Cue moronic thumbs down. ;-)
[quote][p][bold]Yorkieseagull[/bold] wrote: Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?[/p][/quote]Yes...as our manager. Cue moronic thumbs down. ;-) Claude Back
  • Score: -6

5:48pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Claude Back says...

pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
Nobody, and that means everyone on here, knows why he was sacked. There was never any evidence or detail given. All that manifested was pure speculation from people drawing wrong conclusions and thinking they were clever when they knew nothing. 'Claiming to be wise they became fools.'
[quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]Nobody, and that means everyone on here, knows why he was sacked. There was never any evidence or detail given. All that manifested was pure speculation from people drawing wrong conclusions and thinking they were clever when they knew nothing. 'Claiming to be wise they became fools.' Claude Back
  • Score: 13

5:49pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Ex-pat Arnie says...

mrgull wrote:
Do you think the Albion earmarked monies just in case things went wrong with the Gus issue.If so,can that money now be redirected to strengthening the squad come January
According to a quote from Tony Bloom no money was put aside for GP as they were so certain they would win any further action.
[quote][p][bold]mrgull[/bold] wrote: Do you think the Albion earmarked monies just in case things went wrong with the Gus issue.If so,can that money now be redirected to strengthening the squad come January[/p][/quote]According to a quote from Tony Bloom no money was put aside for GP as they were so certain they would win any further action. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: 1

5:49pm Fri 8 Nov 13

albion64 says...

pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
[quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA albion64
  • Score: 26

5:52pm Fri 8 Nov 13

saraman says...

Claude Back wrote:
Yorkieseagull wrote: Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?
Yes...as our manager. Cue moronic thumbs down. ;-)
Plonker.
[quote][p][bold]Claude Back[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Yorkieseagull[/bold] wrote: Chapter closed, everybody move on. But wouldn't it be great to have him back at the Amex in a 3rd Round FA Cup tie?[/p][/quote]Yes...as our manager. Cue moronic thumbs down. ;-)[/p][/quote]Plonker. saraman
  • Score: 3

5:56pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Far gull says...

Great now lets use some of the money setaside to get oscar his marquee signing in jan window. will say again thanks Gus ,we may never know the truth,many an unconfirmed rumour but for the distance you took us ,a crying shame you could not see the job through whatever the circumstances under Barber ,Tony ,Burke or FFP.
The credit would have been even greater. But imho the pressure told due not to poor football which was some of the best Albion have produced for years(Not the best) but simply when at home we were dominating teams in the 1st half of the season you were not brave enough to go for it . The answer was at hm in the first Palace game. There was even a get out of jail card in the play off hm leg,again missed. Thanks and good luck at Sunderland I feel you may need it.
Great now lets use some of the money setaside to get oscar his marquee signing in jan window. will say again thanks Gus ,we may never know the truth,many an unconfirmed rumour but for the distance you took us ,a crying shame you could not see the job through whatever the circumstances under Barber ,Tony ,Burke or FFP. The credit would have been even greater. But imho the pressure told due not to poor football which was some of the best Albion have produced for years(Not the best) but simply when at home we were dominating teams in the 1st half of the season you were not brave enough to go for it . The answer was at hm in the first Palace game. There was even a get out of jail card in the play off hm leg,again missed. Thanks and good luck at Sunderland I feel you may need it. Far gull
  • Score: 2

6:04pm Fri 8 Nov 13

ringtone says...

Far gull wrote:
Great now lets use some of the money setaside to get oscar his marquee signing in jan window. will say again thanks Gus ,we may never know the truth,many an unconfirmed rumour but for the distance you took us ,a crying shame you could not see the job through whatever the circumstances under Barber ,Tony ,Burke or FFP.
The credit would have been even greater. But imho the pressure told due not to poor football which was some of the best Albion have produced for years(Not the best) but simply when at home we were dominating teams in the 1st half of the season you were not brave enough to go for it . The answer was at hm in the first Palace game. There was even a get out of jail card in the play off hm leg,again missed. Thanks and good luck at Sunderland I feel you may need it.
Did nt somebody mention Jordan Rhodes on a previous thread.
[quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: Great now lets use some of the money setaside to get oscar his marquee signing in jan window. will say again thanks Gus ,we may never know the truth,many an unconfirmed rumour but for the distance you took us ,a crying shame you could not see the job through whatever the circumstances under Barber ,Tony ,Burke or FFP. The credit would have been even greater. But imho the pressure told due not to poor football which was some of the best Albion have produced for years(Not the best) but simply when at home we were dominating teams in the 1st half of the season you were not brave enough to go for it . The answer was at hm in the first Palace game. There was even a get out of jail card in the play off hm leg,again missed. Thanks and good luck at Sunderland I feel you may need it.[/p][/quote]Did nt somebody mention Jordan Rhodes on a previous thread. ringtone
  • Score: -4

6:15pm Fri 8 Nov 13

saraman says...

albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.
[quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered. saraman
  • Score: -4

6:18pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Thewithdeanyears says...

Far gull wrote:
Great now lets use some of the money setaside to get oscar his marquee signing in jan window. will say again thanks Gus ,we may never know the truth,many an unconfirmed rumour but for the distance you took us ,a crying shame you could not see the job through whatever the circumstances under Barber ,Tony ,Burke or FFP.
The credit would have been even greater. But imho the pressure told due not to poor football which was some of the best Albion have produced for years(Not the best) but simply when at home we were dominating teams in the 1st half of the season you were not brave enough to go for it . The answer was at hm in the first Palace game. There was even a get out of jail card in the play off hm leg,again missed. Thanks and good luck at Sunderland I feel you may need it.
Yes finally someone talking sense! If we had had to pay compensation to Gus, which we now don't, then that money MUST now go into 1 or 2 top draw signings. Allowing Gus to leave by basically not matching his ambition, is really a glaring blunder by bloom and barber which may yet come back to haunt them and us. Their people management is full of holes by the look of it and after all the progress of the Gus era, we now have slipped down a number of notches which is incredibly annoying. From the cusp of the premier league to scratching around mid table is the fault of the power brokers at the Amex, perhaps even gus's ego was no match for bloom and barbers in the end?
[quote][p][bold]Far gull[/bold] wrote: Great now lets use some of the money setaside to get oscar his marquee signing in jan window. will say again thanks Gus ,we may never know the truth,many an unconfirmed rumour but for the distance you took us ,a crying shame you could not see the job through whatever the circumstances under Barber ,Tony ,Burke or FFP. The credit would have been even greater. But imho the pressure told due not to poor football which was some of the best Albion have produced for years(Not the best) but simply when at home we were dominating teams in the 1st half of the season you were not brave enough to go for it . The answer was at hm in the first Palace game. There was even a get out of jail card in the play off hm leg,again missed. Thanks and good luck at Sunderland I feel you may need it.[/p][/quote]Yes finally someone talking sense! If we had had to pay compensation to Gus, which we now don't, then that money MUST now go into 1 or 2 top draw signings. Allowing Gus to leave by basically not matching his ambition, is really a glaring blunder by bloom and barber which may yet come back to haunt them and us. Their people management is full of holes by the look of it and after all the progress of the Gus era, we now have slipped down a number of notches which is incredibly annoying. From the cusp of the premier league to scratching around mid table is the fault of the power brokers at the Amex, perhaps even gus's ego was no match for bloom and barbers in the end? Thewithdeanyears
  • Score: -15

6:24pm Fri 8 Nov 13

ringtone says...

saraman wrote:
albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.
He did not bottle it, thats just crazy talk.

He came up against a palace team that played resolutley in defence and had the most talented forward in the league just hitting top form.

Did Zola bottle it in the play off final.
[quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.[/p][/quote]He did not bottle it, thats just crazy talk. He came up against a palace team that played resolutley in defence and had the most talented forward in the league just hitting top form. Did Zola bottle it in the play off final. ringtone
  • Score: -2

6:29pm Fri 8 Nov 13

barnieb says...

God bless you Gus,top man,good luck at Sunderland,always be welcome at the Amex.
God bless you Gus,top man,good luck at Sunderland,always be welcome at the Amex. barnieb
  • Score: -3

6:39pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Lawro was God says...

This has dragged on far too long for all concerned. Time to say good Luck Gustavo , thanks very much for all you did at Brighton and All news stories from now on, via whatever media ,focus on the new management team and the current squad. Even bhafc twitter keeps us informed on Sunderland matters. We don't care guys! Good news on the Football business awards front. Get our players back fit and we can kick on under Oscar's leadership.
This has dragged on far too long for all concerned. Time to say good Luck Gustavo , thanks very much for all you did at Brighton and All news stories from now on, via whatever media ,focus on the new management team and the current squad. Even bhafc twitter keeps us informed on Sunderland matters. We don't care guys! Good news on the Football business awards front. Get our players back fit and we can kick on under Oscar's leadership. Lawro was God
  • Score: 7

6:41pm Fri 8 Nov 13

ringtone says...

ClorsonSeagull wrote:
JoeBlow wrote:
JoeBlow wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.
I meant to add on the end, "like Ringtone."
Lol, poor old ringtongue!
Maybe we can have the benefit of your opine, instead of fatuous remarks.

Funny there has been no statement issued on the clubs website, we couldnt get enough of these during the summer break, LOL.
[quote][p][bold]ClorsonSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JoeBlow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]That was his lawyer, not him. Which means he's probably a ManUre supporter and knows nothing about football.[/p][/quote]I meant to add on the end, "like Ringtone."[/p][/quote]Lol, poor old ringtongue![/p][/quote]Maybe we can have the benefit of your opine, instead of fatuous remarks. Funny there has been no statement issued on the clubs website, we couldnt get enough of these during the summer break, LOL. ringtone
  • Score: 0

6:49pm Fri 8 Nov 13

GovindaTim says...

Gus bottled it and Palace fluked the play off final as can be seen by their current position in the PL....what is it again, Oh yeah;

P 10
W 1
D 0
L 9
GF 6
GA 21

Ha Ha Ha.
Gus bottled it and Palace fluked the play off final as can be seen by their current position in the PL....what is it again, Oh yeah; P 10 W 1 D 0 L 9 GF 6 GA 21 Ha Ha Ha. GovindaTim
  • Score: 41

7:01pm Fri 8 Nov 13

saraman says...

ringtone wrote:
saraman wrote:
albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.
He did not bottle it, thats just crazy talk. He came up against a palace team that played resolutley in defence and had the most talented forward in the league just hitting top form. Did Zola bottle it in the play off final.
Yes he did.
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.[/p][/quote]He did not bottle it, thats just crazy talk. He came up against a palace team that played resolutley in defence and had the most talented forward in the league just hitting top form. Did Zola bottle it in the play off final.[/p][/quote]Yes he did. saraman
  • Score: -1

7:08pm Fri 8 Nov 13

saraman says...

saraman wrote:
ringtone wrote:
saraman wrote:
albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.
He did not bottle it, thats just crazy talk. He came up against a palace team that played resolutley in defence and had the most talented forward in the league just hitting top form. Did Zola bottle it in the play off final.
Yes he did.
Yes he did bottle it. Zola had far the better team and he allowed himself to be out foxed by a carrot munching Hobbit. Holloway and Poyet will disappear into obscurity whilst Oscar will become an Albion legend.
[quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.[/p][/quote]He did not bottle it, thats just crazy talk. He came up against a palace team that played resolutley in defence and had the most talented forward in the league just hitting top form. Did Zola bottle it in the play off final.[/p][/quote]Yes he did.[/p][/quote]Yes he did bottle it. Zola had far the better team and he allowed himself to be out foxed by a carrot munching Hobbit. Holloway and Poyet will disappear into obscurity whilst Oscar will become an Albion legend. saraman
  • Score: 7

7:23pm Fri 8 Nov 13

college says...

saraman wrote:
albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.
"an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered."
Just a tad over the top don't you think? Hope I never get into an argument with you over a parking space.
If Poyet does manage to take Sunderland down will they become everyone's 2nd Palace down here next season? Will we all be expected to scream extra inanities at them because he's in charge or can we just watch (hopefully) a game between two good footballing sides?
You also say "He cost us promotion" I think that's open to discussion, but I do believe that he inadvertently did us a favor - Palace went up, Holloway bought 16 new faces in and look where they are now. Had we have gone up and not managed to get new faces in, we would be where Palace are (and will stay for the rest of the season) now, can you imagine the level of idiotic and vitriolic comments on here if that's where we were now?
Some would be calling for 'Bloom out' there would have been calls for Barber and Burke guys being burnt on the 5th, Oscar would be demonised as an ineffective beginner who should never have been given the job, and at least one p*at would scream that the development at Lancing should never have been started as it took funds away from the team.
Leave Poyet alone, he did a terrific job when he was here - now he's gone - we're moving forward - and when we do get to the premiership we won't be coming back down for a long time.
[quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.[/p][/quote]"an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered." Just a tad over the top don't you think? Hope I never get into an argument with you over a parking space. If Poyet does manage to take Sunderland down will they become everyone's 2nd Palace down here next season? Will we all be expected to scream extra inanities at them because he's in charge or can we just watch (hopefully) a game between two good footballing sides? You also say "He cost us promotion" I think that's open to discussion, but I do believe that he inadvertently did us a favor - Palace went up, Holloway bought 16 new faces in and look where they are now. Had we have gone up and not managed to get new faces in, we would be where Palace are (and will stay for the rest of the season) now, can you imagine the level of idiotic and vitriolic comments on here if that's where we were now? Some would be calling for 'Bloom out' there would have been calls for Barber and Burke guys being burnt on the 5th, Oscar would be demonised as an ineffective beginner who should never have been given the job, and at least one p*at would scream that the development at Lancing should never have been started as it took funds away from the team. Leave Poyet alone, he did a terrific job when he was here - now he's gone - we're moving forward - and when we do get to the premiership we won't be coming back down for a long time. college
  • Score: 23

7:46pm Fri 8 Nov 13

south1919 says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
What 'Little Brighton Town FC'
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]What 'Little Brighton Town FC' south1919
  • Score: -12

8:07pm Fri 8 Nov 13

tug509 says...

Good news..
Probably told by S,land,No Bagage,end it !!! Concentrate on us ?!.

WE CAN START A FRESH, How can that be bad,come on OSCAR..,YOU ARE BETTER. UTA
Good news.. Probably told by S,land,No Bagage,end it !!! Concentrate on us ?!. WE CAN START A FRESH, How can that be bad,come on OSCAR..,YOU ARE BETTER. UTA tug509
  • Score: 5

8:15pm Fri 8 Nov 13

The Phantom says...

From a footballing point of view one of the best managers the club has ever had. Tended to have too much to say on too many subjects in interview but at least he was never boring. They lost a tight match in the play-off semi finals - could have gone either way but Barnes hit the bar and Palace had a 10M pound player in their team. I hope Gus does well at Sunderland although suspect it may prove to be a thankless task - and I will applaud him if and when he returns to the Amex as an opposition manager.
From a footballing point of view one of the best managers the club has ever had. Tended to have too much to say on too many subjects in interview but at least he was never boring. They lost a tight match in the play-off semi finals - could have gone either way but Barnes hit the bar and Palace had a 10M pound player in their team. I hope Gus does well at Sunderland although suspect it may prove to be a thankless task - and I will applaud him if and when he returns to the Amex as an opposition manager. The Phantom
  • Score: 9

8:16pm Fri 8 Nov 13

namgo49 says...

This comes at the same time as Barber is named top CEO. Will all this assuage his detractors? I doubt it. The likes of the Withdean "we should be signing Jordan Rhodes or Loic Remy" Years will still come on to gripe and wind up!!
This comes at the same time as Barber is named top CEO. Will all this assuage his detractors? I doubt it. The likes of the Withdean "we should be signing Jordan Rhodes or Loic Remy" Years will still come on to gripe and wind up!! namgo49
  • Score: 0

8:33pm Fri 8 Nov 13

saraman says...

college wrote:
saraman wrote:
albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.
"an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered." Just a tad over the top don't you think? Hope I never get into an argument with you over a parking space. If Poyet does manage to take Sunderland down will they become everyone's 2nd Palace down here next season? Will we all be expected to scream extra inanities at them because he's in charge or can we just watch (hopefully) a game between two good footballing sides? You also say "He cost us promotion" I think that's open to discussion, but I do believe that he inadvertently did us a favor - Palace went up, Holloway bought 16 new faces in and look where they are now. Had we have gone up and not managed to get new faces in, we would be where Palace are (and will stay for the rest of the season) now, can you imagine the level of idiotic and vitriolic comments on here if that's where we were now? Some would be calling for 'Bloom out' there would have been calls for Barber and Burke guys being burnt on the 5th, Oscar would be demonised as an ineffective beginner who should never have been given the job, and at least one p*at would scream that the development at Lancing should never have been started as it took funds away from the team. Leave Poyet alone, he did a terrific job when he was here - now he's gone - we're moving forward - and when we do get to the premiership we won't be coming back down for a long time.
There is one major flaw in your arguement College. If Poyet had not bottled it and committed an act of treason, guess what, we would now be in the EPL under Poyet and therefore Oscar would not be our head coach, Poyet would. Would we have fared any better than Palace, who knows. My bet is yes we would because TB and Co would have spent a lot more wisely than the Palace board. We may not have been tearing up the EPL but I reckon that we would be in a better shape than Palace. are at present. Bridge for one would still be with us and that is not to denegrate Ward who is doing a stierling job.
[quote][p][bold]college[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.[/p][/quote]"an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered." Just a tad over the top don't you think? Hope I never get into an argument with you over a parking space. If Poyet does manage to take Sunderland down will they become everyone's 2nd Palace down here next season? Will we all be expected to scream extra inanities at them because he's in charge or can we just watch (hopefully) a game between two good footballing sides? You also say "He cost us promotion" I think that's open to discussion, but I do believe that he inadvertently did us a favor - Palace went up, Holloway bought 16 new faces in and look where they are now. Had we have gone up and not managed to get new faces in, we would be where Palace are (and will stay for the rest of the season) now, can you imagine the level of idiotic and vitriolic comments on here if that's where we were now? Some would be calling for 'Bloom out' there would have been calls for Barber and Burke guys being burnt on the 5th, Oscar would be demonised as an ineffective beginner who should never have been given the job, and at least one p*at would scream that the development at Lancing should never have been started as it took funds away from the team. Leave Poyet alone, he did a terrific job when he was here - now he's gone - we're moving forward - and when we do get to the premiership we won't be coming back down for a long time.[/p][/quote]There is one major flaw in your arguement College. If Poyet had not bottled it and committed an act of treason, guess what, we would now be in the EPL under Poyet and therefore Oscar would not be our head coach, Poyet would. Would we have fared any better than Palace, who knows. My bet is yes we would because TB and Co would have spent a lot more wisely than the Palace board. We may not have been tearing up the EPL but I reckon that we would be in a better shape than Palace. are at present. Bridge for one would still be with us and that is not to denegrate Ward who is doing a stierling job. saraman
  • Score: 2

9:18pm Fri 8 Nov 13

38yearsofsupport says...

Good decision by Gus. Back on goo terms with the Albion. Now he will take Bridcutt and Ulloa in transfer window.
Good decision by Gus. Back on goo terms with the Albion. Now he will take Bridcutt and Ulloa in transfer window. 38yearsofsupport
  • Score: -1

9:23pm Fri 8 Nov 13

pjwilk says...

albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Maybe,but i think the rot set in before that,around the arrival of the Blues Bros.Burke had already got Gus moved on at Tottenham.
[quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Maybe,but i think the rot set in before that,around the arrival of the Blues Bros.Burke had already got Gus moved on at Tottenham. pjwilk
  • Score: 0

9:43pm Fri 8 Nov 13

Buford T Justice says...

saraman wrote:
saraman wrote:
ringtone wrote:
saraman wrote:
albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.
He did not bottle it, thats just crazy talk. He came up against a palace team that played resolutley in defence and had the most talented forward in the league just hitting top form. Did Zola bottle it in the play off final.
Yes he did.
Yes he did bottle it. Zola had far the better team and he allowed himself to be out foxed by a carrot munching Hobbit. Holloway and Poyet will disappear into obscurity whilst Oscar will become an Albion legend.
Couldn't agree more Saraman!!! Watford fan here with a soft spot for Brighton. We were mugged at the playoff final by hollowhead and Zaha
[quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.[/p][/quote]He did not bottle it, thats just crazy talk. He came up against a palace team that played resolutley in defence and had the most talented forward in the league just hitting top form. Did Zola bottle it in the play off final.[/p][/quote]Yes he did.[/p][/quote]Yes he did bottle it. Zola had far the better team and he allowed himself to be out foxed by a carrot munching Hobbit. Holloway and Poyet will disappear into obscurity whilst Oscar will become an Albion legend.[/p][/quote]Couldn't agree more Saraman!!! Watford fan here with a soft spot for Brighton. We were mugged at the playoff final by hollowhead and Zaha Buford T Justice
  • Score: 1

10:42pm Fri 8 Nov 13

whatmost of us think says...

The king is dead, long live the king.
We have a great head coach in Oscar and, despite the many injuries, are only just behind where we were last season.
Do we have a problem? No!!
Are we in a good position? Yes!!
Onward and upward together, us (the supporters) and the team. We won't be playing either Sunderland or Palace next season if my dreams come true.
The king is dead, long live the king. We have a great head coach in Oscar and, despite the many injuries, are only just behind where we were last season. Do we have a problem? No!! Are we in a good position? Yes!! Onward and upward together, us (the supporters) and the team. We won't be playing either Sunderland or Palace next season if my dreams come true. whatmost of us think
  • Score: 7

1:34am Sat 9 Nov 13

WestStander17 says...

saraman wrote:
college wrote:
saraman wrote:
albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.
"an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered." Just a tad over the top don't you think? Hope I never get into an argument with you over a parking space. If Poyet does manage to take Sunderland down will they become everyone's 2nd Palace down here next season? Will we all be expected to scream extra inanities at them because he's in charge or can we just watch (hopefully) a game between two good footballing sides? You also say "He cost us promotion" I think that's open to discussion, but I do believe that he inadvertently did us a favor - Palace went up, Holloway bought 16 new faces in and look where they are now. Had we have gone up and not managed to get new faces in, we would be where Palace are (and will stay for the rest of the season) now, can you imagine the level of idiotic and vitriolic comments on here if that's where we were now? Some would be calling for 'Bloom out' there would have been calls for Barber and Burke guys being burnt on the 5th, Oscar would be demonised as an ineffective beginner who should never have been given the job, and at least one p*at would scream that the development at Lancing should never have been started as it took funds away from the team. Leave Poyet alone, he did a terrific job when he was here - now he's gone - we're moving forward - and when we do get to the premiership we won't be coming back down for a long time.
There is one major flaw in your arguement College. If Poyet had not bottled it and committed an act of treason, guess what, we would now be in the EPL under Poyet and therefore Oscar would not be our head coach, Poyet would. Would we have fared any better than Palace, who knows. My bet is yes we would because TB and Co would have spent a lot more wisely than the Palace board. We may not have been tearing up the EPL but I reckon that we would be in a better shape than Palace. are at present. Bridge for one would still be with us and that is not to denegrate Ward who is doing a stierling job.
I guess some people just have to blame someone when something doesn't work out. Gus did not bottle it or cost us promotion. I don't know if there was any proof that he didn't turn up until 7pm but even if he hadn't turned up at all that night, it was the players that played the match! The same players that he had taken through about 50 games already. They knew what they were doing! If any one thing cost us promotion, it was not getting Ulloa when we first tried. His goals added to what we had already possibly would have meant we didn't even need the Play-Offs.

Yes, Gus wanted a budget he thought could take us forward this season. EVERY manager in the country will go to their board and ask for a budget at that time of season. All Gus did was say in public that, without the budget he wanted, we would struggle to improve on 4th place. Just a true statement.

He got the club I love playing a brand of Football I never thought I would see them play. I can't thank him enough for that and will always be grateful. I just hope we always maintain that.

As for Palace, they were always the least prepared for the Prem out of all 4 Play-Off teams. Us, Watford and Leicester would have all fared better. Them going up has only wasted a Prem spot for a season. The only player they had anywhere near fit for the top division was Zaha (he has a lot to learn) and they had already sold him!

We would have added to our squad. Yes, we may have kept Bridge but he would only have coped for 1 or 2 seasons maximum.

I hope Gus keeps Sunderland up and think he might. They certainly have a far better chance now than they did. I will always give him a very warm welcome if/when he returns to the Amex.

We need to press on and get behind Oscar. We have taken a small step back but, let Oscar get his players following his idea and we can progress.

Looking forward to tomorrow!
[quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]college[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Just love ya albion64. Just my thoughts. I despise the man for what he did to us. In short he bottled it and he will do the same at Sunderland, God rest their souls. What Poyet did to us was an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered.[/p][/quote]"an act of treason and deserves to be hung,drawn and quartered." Just a tad over the top don't you think? Hope I never get into an argument with you over a parking space. If Poyet does manage to take Sunderland down will they become everyone's 2nd Palace down here next season? Will we all be expected to scream extra inanities at them because he's in charge or can we just watch (hopefully) a game between two good footballing sides? You also say "He cost us promotion" I think that's open to discussion, but I do believe that he inadvertently did us a favor - Palace went up, Holloway bought 16 new faces in and look where they are now. Had we have gone up and not managed to get new faces in, we would be where Palace are (and will stay for the rest of the season) now, can you imagine the level of idiotic and vitriolic comments on here if that's where we were now? Some would be calling for 'Bloom out' there would have been calls for Barber and Burke guys being burnt on the 5th, Oscar would be demonised as an ineffective beginner who should never have been given the job, and at least one p*at would scream that the development at Lancing should never have been started as it took funds away from the team. Leave Poyet alone, he did a terrific job when he was here - now he's gone - we're moving forward - and when we do get to the premiership we won't be coming back down for a long time.[/p][/quote]There is one major flaw in your arguement College. If Poyet had not bottled it and committed an act of treason, guess what, we would now be in the EPL under Poyet and therefore Oscar would not be our head coach, Poyet would. Would we have fared any better than Palace, who knows. My bet is yes we would because TB and Co would have spent a lot more wisely than the Palace board. We may not have been tearing up the EPL but I reckon that we would be in a better shape than Palace. are at present. Bridge for one would still be with us and that is not to denegrate Ward who is doing a stierling job.[/p][/quote]I guess some people just have to blame someone when something doesn't work out. Gus did not bottle it or cost us promotion. I don't know if there was any proof that he didn't turn up until 7pm but even if he hadn't turned up at all that night, it was the players that played the match! The same players that he had taken through about 50 games already. They knew what they were doing! If any one thing cost us promotion, it was not getting Ulloa when we first tried. His goals added to what we had already possibly would have meant we didn't even need the Play-Offs. Yes, Gus wanted a budget he thought could take us forward this season. EVERY manager in the country will go to their board and ask for a budget at that time of season. All Gus did was say in public that, without the budget he wanted, we would struggle to improve on 4th place. Just a true statement. He got the club I love playing a brand of Football I never thought I would see them play. I can't thank him enough for that and will always be grateful. I just hope we always maintain that. As for Palace, they were always the least prepared for the Prem out of all 4 Play-Off teams. Us, Watford and Leicester would have all fared better. Them going up has only wasted a Prem spot for a season. The only player they had anywhere near fit for the top division was Zaha (he has a lot to learn) and they had already sold him! We would have added to our squad. Yes, we may have kept Bridge but he would only have coped for 1 or 2 seasons maximum. I hope Gus keeps Sunderland up and think he might. They certainly have a far better chance now than they did. I will always give him a very warm welcome if/when he returns to the Amex. We need to press on and get behind Oscar. We have taken a small step back but, let Oscar get his players following his idea and we can progress. Looking forward to tomorrow! WestStander17
  • Score: 9

6:17am Sat 9 Nov 13

saraman says...

I agree with you 99% WestStander17. The1% that I disagree with is that Poyet's over inflated ego and animosity towards The Albion had grossly infected the players on the night. I should imagine that the players thought that after they had given their all for the cause their exalted leader was about to jump ship. Yes, you could argue that it was up to the players to rise to the occassion, but it was manifest that there was was someting seriously wrong from the KO. For the following 90 plus minutes the body language of the players became increasingly depressing and was felt by the whole crowd. If we had played Watford in the final and lost we would have all felt bitterly disappointed of course, but we would not have been left with a bad taste in the mouth. Yes, Poyet wrecked last season and the damage is still evident now but finally the mist and bad atmosphere is beginning to lift. I, like you, look forward to today's game and feel optimistic for the rest of the season and at least a play-off place.
I agree with you 99% WestStander17. The1% that I disagree with is that Poyet's over inflated ego and animosity towards The Albion had grossly infected the players on the night. I should imagine that the players thought that after they had given their all for the cause their exalted leader was about to jump ship. Yes, you could argue that it was up to the players to rise to the occassion, but it was manifest that there was was someting seriously wrong from the KO. For the following 90 plus minutes the body language of the players became increasingly depressing and was felt by the whole crowd. If we had played Watford in the final and lost we would have all felt bitterly disappointed of course, but we would not have been left with a bad taste in the mouth. Yes, Poyet wrecked last season and the damage is still evident now but finally the mist and bad atmosphere is beginning to lift. I, like you, look forward to today's game and feel optimistic for the rest of the season and at least a play-off place. saraman
  • Score: 4

8:35am Sat 9 Nov 13

Captain Haddock says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
It seems you are not popular Arnie! I'm guessing it's in the aftermath of your Virgo rant and goalline claim. Personally I thought it very harsh on Virgs who IMHO did a good job except in his flat acceptance of "the goal" but I agree with you on it not crossing the line 100%.

I've been giving you a regular thumbs-up to even it up a bit!

Anyway I also agree with your post above. Why does this legal representative insist on quoting Gus's name in full and our's in part over and over again? It's so over the too as to imply a deliberate wind-up. Sad if true though clumsy attention to detail and an over-inflated sense of self-importance are the culprits here tbh.

Surely "Mr Poyet" and "the club" or "BHAFC" would have sufficed after the first reading of the fuill names??!!!
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]It seems you are not popular Arnie! I'm guessing it's in the aftermath of your Virgo rant and goalline claim. Personally I thought it very harsh on Virgs who IMHO did a good job except in his flat acceptance of "the goal" but I agree with you on it not crossing the line 100%. I've been giving you a regular thumbs-up to even it up a bit! Anyway I also agree with your post above. Why does this legal representative insist on quoting Gus's name in full and our's in part over and over again? It's so over the too as to imply a deliberate wind-up. Sad if true though clumsy attention to detail and an over-inflated sense of self-importance are the culprits here tbh. Surely "Mr Poyet" and "the club" or "BHAFC" would have sufficed after the first reading of the fuill names??!!! Captain Haddock
  • Score: 0

8:46am Sat 9 Nov 13

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Captain Haddock wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
It seems you are not popular Arnie! I'm guessing it's in the aftermath of your Virgo rant and goalline claim. Personally I thought it very harsh on Virgs who IMHO did a good job except in his flat acceptance of "the goal" but I agree with you on it not crossing the line 100%.

I've been giving you a regular thumbs-up to even it up a bit!

Anyway I also agree with your post above. Why does this legal representative insist on quoting Gus's name in full and our's in part over and over again? It's so over the too as to imply a deliberate wind-up. Sad if true though clumsy attention to detail and an over-inflated sense of self-importance are the culprits here tbh.

Surely "Mr Poyet" and "the club" or "BHAFC" would have sufficed after the first reading of the fuill names??!!!
Cheers Captain. There are a couple of people here who vote down everything I say without even reading it (amusingly the same people who automatically vote up their own posts!) but I think most sensible people appreciate I always try to back-up my 'opinion' with fact and evidence, rather than prejudice and bias. You can please some of the people... :-)

Although I was (and still am) vehement in my belief about the goal, I can't remember mentioning Virgo at all? I think that must have been someone else. I didn't hear his commentary but I have all the time in the world for Virgs. A model pro who by all accounts will become a half-decent pundit.

As for the quote above, all the representative had to do was call us "Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club" the first time, then "the club" on each subsequent occasion. I now notice in the updated version of this article that it is in fact FIVE occurrences in three sentences. Notwithstanding the probably deliberate mis-naming, that is incredibly clumsy English by any standards, and certainly not befitting a legal representative.
[quote][p][bold]Captain Haddock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]It seems you are not popular Arnie! I'm guessing it's in the aftermath of your Virgo rant and goalline claim. Personally I thought it very harsh on Virgs who IMHO did a good job except in his flat acceptance of "the goal" but I agree with you on it not crossing the line 100%. I've been giving you a regular thumbs-up to even it up a bit! Anyway I also agree with your post above. Why does this legal representative insist on quoting Gus's name in full and our's in part over and over again? It's so over the too as to imply a deliberate wind-up. Sad if true though clumsy attention to detail and an over-inflated sense of self-importance are the culprits here tbh. Surely "Mr Poyet" and "the club" or "BHAFC" would have sufficed after the first reading of the fuill names??!!![/p][/quote]Cheers Captain. There are a couple of people here who vote down everything I say without even reading it (amusingly the same people who automatically vote up their own posts!) but I think most sensible people appreciate I always try to back-up my 'opinion' with fact and evidence, rather than prejudice and bias. You can please some of the people... :-) Although I was (and still am) vehement in my belief about the goal, I can't remember mentioning Virgo at all? I think that must have been someone else. I didn't hear his commentary but I have all the time in the world for Virgs. A model pro who by all accounts will become a half-decent pundit. As for the quote above, all the representative had to do was call us "Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club" the first time, then "the club" on each subsequent occasion. I now notice in the updated version of this article that it is in fact FIVE occurrences in three sentences. Notwithstanding the probably deliberate mis-naming, that is incredibly clumsy English by any standards, and certainly not befitting a legal representative. Ex-pat Arnie
  • Score: -1

9:33am Sat 9 Nov 13

Captain Haddock says...

south1919 wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
What 'Little Brighton Town FC'
He gods! The Palace flea has jumped back. Too small to be seen (hides his allegiance), mildly irritating and vastly insignificant.

Hop along now!
[quote][p][bold]south1919[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]What 'Little Brighton Town FC'[/p][/quote]He gods! The Palace flea has jumped back. Too small to be seen (hides his allegiance), mildly irritating and vastly insignificant. Hop along now! Captain Haddock
  • Score: 4

10:17am Sat 9 Nov 13

Baldseagull says...

I feel Gus could have got us into 2nd spot if he was fully focused on the task. I also feel we would not have been as close as we were without him.
I reckon though that as Gus had a contract with us which included a fee of £2M to break it, if there was to be financial compensation as part of the break, surely it would be the club that gets paid if the reason for dismissal was not disputed?
I feel Gus could have got us into 2nd spot if he was fully focused on the task. I also feel we would not have been as close as we were without him. I reckon though that as Gus had a contract with us which included a fee of £2M to break it, if there was to be financial compensation as part of the break, surely it would be the club that gets paid if the reason for dismissal was not disputed? Baldseagull
  • Score: 0

12:46pm Sat 9 Nov 13

WestStander17 says...

saraman wrote:
I agree with you 99% WestStander17. The1% that I disagree with is that Poyet's over inflated ego and animosity towards The Albion had grossly infected the players on the night. I should imagine that the players thought that after they had given their all for the cause their exalted leader was about to jump ship. Yes, you could argue that it was up to the players to rise to the occassion, but it was manifest that there was was someting seriously wrong from the KO. For the following 90 plus minutes the body language of the players became increasingly depressing and was felt by the whole crowd. If we had played Watford in the final and lost we would have all felt bitterly disappointed of course, but we would not have been left with a bad taste in the mouth. Yes, Poyet wrecked last season and the damage is still evident now but finally the mist and bad atmosphere is beginning to lift. I, like you, look forward to today's game and feel optimistic for the rest of the season and at least a play-off place.
Your accusation that "Poyet wrecked last season" is ridiculous. We may not have been anywhere near the Play-Offs in the first place without him.

And you say he had unsettled the team as they thought he would jump ship but you could flip that on its head and consider how much of a lift they got when he turned down Premiership Reading. Certainly one of our players was amazed that Gus turned that opportunity down.

Anyway, I think Oscar is doing a decent job so far. I'd like to know he is choosing his own players to bring in which I'm not sure of right now but, if he is allowed to do his own thing, I think we will be moving forward again.

We will have to agree to disagree about Gus. I thank him for bringing super football to our club, fitting for our beautiful stadium. Enjoy the game today!
[quote][p][bold]saraman[/bold] wrote: I agree with you 99% WestStander17. The1% that I disagree with is that Poyet's over inflated ego and animosity towards The Albion had grossly infected the players on the night. I should imagine that the players thought that after they had given their all for the cause their exalted leader was about to jump ship. Yes, you could argue that it was up to the players to rise to the occassion, but it was manifest that there was was someting seriously wrong from the KO. For the following 90 plus minutes the body language of the players became increasingly depressing and was felt by the whole crowd. If we had played Watford in the final and lost we would have all felt bitterly disappointed of course, but we would not have been left with a bad taste in the mouth. Yes, Poyet wrecked last season and the damage is still evident now but finally the mist and bad atmosphere is beginning to lift. I, like you, look forward to today's game and feel optimistic for the rest of the season and at least a play-off place.[/p][/quote]Your accusation that "Poyet wrecked last season" is ridiculous. We may not have been anywhere near the Play-Offs in the first place without him. And you say he had unsettled the team as they thought he would jump ship but you could flip that on its head and consider how much of a lift they got when he turned down Premiership Reading. Certainly one of our players was amazed that Gus turned that opportunity down. Anyway, I think Oscar is doing a decent job so far. I'd like to know he is choosing his own players to bring in which I'm not sure of right now but, if he is allowed to do his own thing, I think we will be moving forward again. We will have to agree to disagree about Gus. I thank him for bringing super football to our club, fitting for our beautiful stadium. Enjoy the game today! WestStander17
  • Score: 4

1:05pm Sat 9 Nov 13

tinker111 says...

pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
ASK BARBER ????????????????????
????
[quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]ASK BARBER ???????????????????? ???? tinker111
  • Score: 2

9:09pm Sat 9 Nov 13

sussexram40 says...

Bet Gus regrets taking the Sunderrland job now that the Fulham job looks set to become available.
Anyway, glad he's dropped the action so everyone can move on. It's a mark of the calibre of the man that he's big enough to let bygones be bygones.
Go back a year and most posters were writing IGWT. Funny how fickle many are and GP went from hero to villain almost overnight.
Fact is he was one of our greatest managers.
Bet Gus regrets taking the Sunderrland job now that the Fulham job looks set to become available. Anyway, glad he's dropped the action so everyone can move on. It's a mark of the calibre of the man that he's big enough to let bygones be bygones. Go back a year and most posters were writing IGWT. Funny how fickle many are and GP went from hero to villain almost overnight. Fact is he was one of our greatest managers. sussexram40
  • Score: 1

2:03am Sun 10 Nov 13

Captain Haddock says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Captain Haddock wrote:
Ex-pat Arnie wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?
It seems you are not popular Arnie! I'm guessing it's in the aftermath of your Virgo rant and goalline claim. Personally I thought it very harsh on Virgs who IMHO did a good job except in his flat acceptance of "the goal" but I agree with you on it not crossing the line 100%. I've been giving you a regular thumbs-up to even it up a bit! Anyway I also agree with your post above. Why does this legal representative insist on quoting Gus's name in full and our's in part over and over again? It's so over the too as to imply a deliberate wind-up. Sad if true though clumsy attention to detail and an over-inflated sense of self-importance are the culprits here tbh. Surely "Mr Poyet" and "the club" or "BHAFC" would have sufficed after the first reading of the fuill names??!!!
Cheers Captain. There are a couple of people here who vote down everything I say without even reading it (amusingly the same people who automatically vote up their own posts!) but I think most sensible people appreciate I always try to back-up my 'opinion' with fact and evidence, rather than prejudice and bias. You can please some of the people... :-) Although I was (and still am) vehement in my belief about the goal, I can't remember mentioning Virgo at all? I think that must have been someone else. I didn't hear his commentary but I have all the time in the world for Virgs. A model pro who by all accounts will become a half-decent pundit. As for the quote above, all the representative had to do was call us "Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club" the first time, then "the club" on each subsequent occasion. I now notice in the updated version of this article that it is in fact FIVE occurrences in three sentences. Notwithstanding the probably deliberate mis-naming, that is incredibly clumsy English by any standards, and certainly not befitting a legal representative.
Sorry. Think I had Tug 509 in mind there!
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Captain Haddock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: Four times in three sentences that quote says 'Brighton Football Club'. Are we not worthy of our full title, Mr Gus?[/p][/quote]It seems you are not popular Arnie! I'm guessing it's in the aftermath of your Virgo rant and goalline claim. Personally I thought it very harsh on Virgs who IMHO did a good job except in his flat acceptance of "the goal" but I agree with you on it not crossing the line 100%. I've been giving you a regular thumbs-up to even it up a bit! Anyway I also agree with your post above. Why does this legal representative insist on quoting Gus's name in full and our's in part over and over again? It's so over the too as to imply a deliberate wind-up. Sad if true though clumsy attention to detail and an over-inflated sense of self-importance are the culprits here tbh. Surely "Mr Poyet" and "the club" or "BHAFC" would have sufficed after the first reading of the fuill names??!!![/p][/quote]Cheers Captain. There are a couple of people here who vote down everything I say without even reading it (amusingly the same people who automatically vote up their own posts!) but I think most sensible people appreciate I always try to back-up my 'opinion' with fact and evidence, rather than prejudice and bias. You can please some of the people... :-) Although I was (and still am) vehement in my belief about the goal, I can't remember mentioning Virgo at all? I think that must have been someone else. I didn't hear his commentary but I have all the time in the world for Virgs. A model pro who by all accounts will become a half-decent pundit. As for the quote above, all the representative had to do was call us "Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club" the first time, then "the club" on each subsequent occasion. I now notice in the updated version of this article that it is in fact FIVE occurrences in three sentences. Notwithstanding the probably deliberate mis-naming, that is incredibly clumsy English by any standards, and certainly not befitting a legal representative.[/p][/quote]Sorry. Think I had Tug 509 in mind there! Captain Haddock
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Mon 11 Nov 13

brighton bluenose says...

ringtone wrote:
pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
Wrongly maybe the answer you are looking for judging by the club settling out of court.

But I am sure Big Arnie will put us all right
They didn't settle out of court dumbkopf - there was no court case to settle outside of!!
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]Wrongly maybe the answer you are looking for judging by the club settling out of court. But I am sure Big Arnie will put us all right[/p][/quote]They didn't settle out of court dumbkopf - there was no court case to settle outside of!! brighton bluenose
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Mon 11 Nov 13

brighton bluenose says...

ringtone wrote:
pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
Wrongly maybe the answer you are looking for judging by the club settling out of court.

But I am sure Big Arnie will put us all right
They didn't settle out of court dumbkopf - there was no court case to settle outside of!!
[quote][p][bold]ringtone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]Wrongly maybe the answer you are looking for judging by the club settling out of court. But I am sure Big Arnie will put us all right[/p][/quote]They didn't settle out of court dumbkopf - there was no court case to settle outside of!! brighton bluenose
  • Score: 0

1:25pm Mon 11 Nov 13

brighton bluenose says...

albion64 wrote:
pjwilk wrote:
Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.
gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA
Got it in one!
Don't blame Oatway as I've spoken to him and he is totally genuine - but I have no doubt that Poyet did not want us to go up purely to spite Bloom and Barber!!
[quote][p][bold]albion64[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pjwilk[/bold] wrote: Rather see Gus still at Brighton we have definitely gone backwards since Gus was sacked.But why was he sacked,anybody know.[/p][/quote]gross misconduct. Here's a reason for you though. Turning up at 7pm before the biggest game in the club's history. He cost us promotion, no argument, We had the prem' in our pocket and he and his merry men f#cked us over. He basically fell out with Tony Bloom over future budgets. Sulked like a girl when we needed him most. Forget him and concentrate on Oscar. UTA[/p][/quote]Got it in one! Don't blame Oatway as I've spoken to him and he is totally genuine - but I have no doubt that Poyet did not want us to go up purely to spite Bloom and Barber!! brighton bluenose
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree