Kemy feels fit to make a big impact

The Argus: Kemy Agustien in action on Tuesday Kemy Agustien in action on Tuesday

Kemy Agustien wants to make a heavyweight impact for Albion – after slimming down and working on his fitness.

The Dutch midfielder is in the frame to face leaders Leicester City on Saturday after a lively outing off the bench against Barnsley.

He featured for only the second time since August as he helped the Seagulls chase a point on Tuesday.

Agustien reckons his bright performance in the 2-1 defeat rewards hard work put in behind the scenes after recovering from a calf injury.

He said: “I spoke to Oscar (Garcia) and said ‘I want to be fit’.

“I was doing triple sessions every day for three or four weeks. I was first in and the last one to leave training.

“But I know I needed it and I think it benefits me because I think I look slimmer than before.

“It’s an investment. The last 12 to 18 months, when I was at Swansea I didn’t really do much. I needed to go back to basics so this is good for me.

“I need to work hard but the staff are right behind me.”

Agustien could add creativity for Albion, who were without Andrea Orlandi on Tuesday night He added: “The manager is behind me, the players are right behind me and they believe in me. And I believe in myself.

“It’s not about quality. I think the players know me and they know my quality.

“It’s about fitness and I know that, when I’m 100% fit, I can be a good asset to the team.”

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:04am Thu 5 Dec 13

Alfie T says...

He did look ok when he came on, prefer him to Caskey at the moment. Just needs to cut out the occasional poor pass. Would prefer Orlandi but I doubt he will feature Saturday. The big question is over Leo, my guess is he will be on the bench at best.
He did look ok when he came on, prefer him to Caskey at the moment. Just needs to cut out the occasional poor pass. Would prefer Orlandi but I doubt he will feature Saturday. The big question is over Leo, my guess is he will be on the bench at best. Alfie T

10:37am Thu 5 Dec 13

Joel'sGrandad says...

Kemy definitely looked slimmer and faster on Tuesday. If he keeps up this improvement and maintains a good attitude he could prove to be a good asset this season. If he wants a regular first team slot he'll need to keep this up because competition will be fierce for midfield places. Good work, Kemy.UTA.
Kemy definitely looked slimmer and faster on Tuesday. If he keeps up this improvement and maintains a good attitude he could prove to be a good asset this season. If he wants a regular first team slot he'll need to keep this up because competition will be fierce for midfield places. Good work, Kemy.UTA. Joel'sGrandad

11:39am Thu 5 Dec 13

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Kemy, if he keeps fit until the end of the season (not just uninjured, but stamina-wise), could tear up this league. Loads of ability, and the occasional poor pass will become even more occasional with the benefit of match minutes. Potentially an excellent signing, but now he needs to deliver. Good to see a decent attitude from him though.
Kemy, if he keeps fit until the end of the season (not just uninjured, but stamina-wise), could tear up this league. Loads of ability, and the occasional poor pass will become even more occasional with the benefit of match minutes. Potentially an excellent signing, but now he needs to deliver. Good to see a decent attitude from him though. Ex-pat Arnie

11:54am Thu 5 Dec 13

SMF20 says...

Kemy imho is definitely an asset to our club.

In only 25 minutes on Tuesday, he showed what we were sadly lacking for the first 65 minutes. He makes things happen, has fantastic vision and has the ability to pick a pass most of the time... Yes he misplaces a couple but let's face it, if he didn't, he would be a premiership player.

With everyone fit and at the top of their game, Kemy would for me, sit in the middle of the park with Andrea and Liam... Will and Kazenga would hog the wings and Leo would sit up top.

All just my opinion as usual.

Uta
Kemy imho is definitely an asset to our club. In only 25 minutes on Tuesday, he showed what we were sadly lacking for the first 65 minutes. He makes things happen, has fantastic vision and has the ability to pick a pass most of the time... Yes he misplaces a couple but let's face it, if he didn't, he would be a premiership player. With everyone fit and at the top of their game, Kemy would for me, sit in the middle of the park with Andrea and Liam... Will and Kazenga would hog the wings and Leo would sit up top. All just my opinion as usual. Uta SMF20

12:41pm Thu 5 Dec 13

chaslinn says...

He and Will B were clearly responsible for our resurgence in the last quarter of the game. I was particularly impressed by Kemy this time round have been slightly mehh! in August. He broke up opposition play and was very strong on the ball, plus a couple of exquisite passes.

When he came on I was not excited but after a few minutes he had already given Barnsley a lot to think about and it was noticeable how much more influential Bridcutt was able to be. This guys potential is very high if he can stay fit and continue to improve fitness. I am excited to see him again and I can't say that about many of the other players from Tuesday, the excellent Buckley not with standing.
He and Will B were clearly responsible for our resurgence in the last quarter of the game. I was particularly impressed by Kemy this time round have been slightly mehh! in August. He broke up opposition play and was very strong on the ball, plus a couple of exquisite passes. When he came on I was not excited but after a few minutes he had already given Barnsley a lot to think about and it was noticeable how much more influential Bridcutt was able to be. This guys potential is very high if he can stay fit and continue to improve fitness. I am excited to see him again and I can't say that about many of the other players from Tuesday, the excellent Buckley not with standing. chaslinn

1:30pm Thu 5 Dec 13

Hovite says...

chaslinn wrote:
He and Will B were clearly responsible for our resurgence in the last quarter of the game. I was particularly impressed by Kemy this time round have been slightly mehh! in August. He broke up opposition play and was very strong on the ball, plus a couple of exquisite passes.

When he came on I was not excited but after a few minutes he had already given Barnsley a lot to think about and it was noticeable how much more influential Bridcutt was able to be. This guys potential is very high if he can stay fit and continue to improve fitness. I am excited to see him again and I can't say that about many of the other players from Tuesday, the excellent Buckley not with standing.
Agree, Lopez was the weakest link and bringing Kemy on for him we started play like I expect us to play. I hope Lopez never wears the stripes again, he was pig awful.
[quote][p][bold]chaslinn[/bold] wrote: He and Will B were clearly responsible for our resurgence in the last quarter of the game. I was particularly impressed by Kemy this time round have been slightly mehh! in August. He broke up opposition play and was very strong on the ball, plus a couple of exquisite passes. When he came on I was not excited but after a few minutes he had already given Barnsley a lot to think about and it was noticeable how much more influential Bridcutt was able to be. This guys potential is very high if he can stay fit and continue to improve fitness. I am excited to see him again and I can't say that about many of the other players from Tuesday, the excellent Buckley not with standing.[/p][/quote]Agree, Lopez was the weakest link and bringing Kemy on for him we started play like I expect us to play. I hope Lopez never wears the stripes again, he was pig awful. Hovite

2:19pm Thu 5 Dec 13

Quiterie says...

Well done Kemy!!!! Perhaps he read my comment on here a few months back highlighting how rotund he was. Reminded me of Jan Molby. Good effort.
Well done Kemy!!!! Perhaps he read my comment on here a few months back highlighting how rotund he was. Reminded me of Jan Molby. Good effort. Quiterie

3:22pm Thu 5 Dec 13

Ex-pat Arnie says...

Hovite wrote:
chaslinn wrote:
He and Will B were clearly responsible for our resurgence in the last quarter of the game. I was particularly impressed by Kemy this time round have been slightly mehh! in August. He broke up opposition play and was very strong on the ball, plus a couple of exquisite passes.

When he came on I was not excited but after a few minutes he had already given Barnsley a lot to think about and it was noticeable how much more influential Bridcutt was able to be. This guys potential is very high if he can stay fit and continue to improve fitness. I am excited to see him again and I can't say that about many of the other players from Tuesday, the excellent Buckley not with standing.
Agree, Lopez was the weakest link and bringing Kemy on for him we started play like I expect us to play. I hope Lopez never wears the stripes again, he was pig awful.
That's a bit harsh, Hovite :-) He's out of form but surely he will come good again. I think he needs a spell out of the team, but class will out, and he has class in abundance.
[quote][p][bold]Hovite[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chaslinn[/bold] wrote: He and Will B were clearly responsible for our resurgence in the last quarter of the game. I was particularly impressed by Kemy this time round have been slightly mehh! in August. He broke up opposition play and was very strong on the ball, plus a couple of exquisite passes. When he came on I was not excited but after a few minutes he had already given Barnsley a lot to think about and it was noticeable how much more influential Bridcutt was able to be. This guys potential is very high if he can stay fit and continue to improve fitness. I am excited to see him again and I can't say that about many of the other players from Tuesday, the excellent Buckley not with standing.[/p][/quote]Agree, Lopez was the weakest link and bringing Kemy on for him we started play like I expect us to play. I hope Lopez never wears the stripes again, he was pig awful.[/p][/quote]That's a bit harsh, Hovite :-) He's out of form but surely he will come good again. I think he needs a spell out of the team, but class will out, and he has class in abundance. Ex-pat Arnie

4:21pm Thu 5 Dec 13

wiseman of hove says...

Music to supporters ears that Augustein.has been putting in some shifts to get fit. Clearly the adverse - and justified - comments that were on this influential site as to his poor fitness condition when he commenced his Alblon career have had their effect!
He has a wonderful opportunity to cement a place, with Orlandi unfit, Forster-Caskey prematurely thinking he had arrived with his wonder goal, Andrews beginning to show to show that he is surplus to requirements - and the sad decline of Lopez.
Music to supporters ears that Augustein.has been putting in some shifts to get fit. Clearly the adverse - and justified - comments that were on this influential site as to his poor fitness condition when he commenced his Alblon career have had their effect! He has a wonderful opportunity to cement a place, with Orlandi unfit, Forster-Caskey prematurely thinking he had arrived with his wonder goal, Andrews beginning to show to show that he is surplus to requirements - and the sad decline of Lopez. wiseman of hove

4:55pm Thu 5 Dec 13

Hovite says...

Ex-pat Arnie wrote:
Hovite wrote:
chaslinn wrote:
He and Will B were clearly responsible for our resurgence in the last quarter of the game. I was particularly impressed by Kemy this time round have been slightly mehh! in August. He broke up opposition play and was very strong on the ball, plus a couple of exquisite passes.

When he came on I was not excited but after a few minutes he had already given Barnsley a lot to think about and it was noticeable how much more influential Bridcutt was able to be. This guys potential is very high if he can stay fit and continue to improve fitness. I am excited to see him again and I can't say that about many of the other players from Tuesday, the excellent Buckley not with standing.
Agree, Lopez was the weakest link and bringing Kemy on for him we started play like I expect us to play. I hope Lopez never wears the stripes again, he was pig awful.
That's a bit harsh, Hovite :-) He's out of form but surely he will come good again. I think he needs a spell out of the team, but class will out, and he has class in abundance.
No chance, he was the worst on the pitch.

I saw him point to where he wanted the ball passed to, When it was passed to where he wanted it, he wasn't there and didn't even move to get there.

His weakness was contageous on Tuesday and it was only when he came off we started playing football. If one person isn't pulling their weight everyone else has to compensate with and it has a knock on effect.
[quote][p][bold]Ex-pat Arnie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hovite[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chaslinn[/bold] wrote: He and Will B were clearly responsible for our resurgence in the last quarter of the game. I was particularly impressed by Kemy this time round have been slightly mehh! in August. He broke up opposition play and was very strong on the ball, plus a couple of exquisite passes. When he came on I was not excited but after a few minutes he had already given Barnsley a lot to think about and it was noticeable how much more influential Bridcutt was able to be. This guys potential is very high if he can stay fit and continue to improve fitness. I am excited to see him again and I can't say that about many of the other players from Tuesday, the excellent Buckley not with standing.[/p][/quote]Agree, Lopez was the weakest link and bringing Kemy on for him we started play like I expect us to play. I hope Lopez never wears the stripes again, he was pig awful.[/p][/quote]That's a bit harsh, Hovite :-) He's out of form but surely he will come good again. I think he needs a spell out of the team, but class will out, and he has class in abundance.[/p][/quote]No chance, he was the worst on the pitch. I saw him point to where he wanted the ball passed to, When it was passed to where he wanted it, he wasn't there and didn't even move to get there. His weakness was contageous on Tuesday and it was only when he came off we started playing football. If one person isn't pulling their weight everyone else has to compensate with and it has a knock on effect. Hovite

5:15pm Thu 5 Dec 13

tinker111 says...

Fast on road slow slow on field and not match /game fit leave out
Fast on road slow slow on field and not match /game fit leave out tinker111

5:56pm Thu 5 Dec 13

Falmer Wizard says...

Its a great shame that Kemy was so unfit when he joined us,with our number of injuries he could have been an influential team member,while he has been getting back to match fitness we have dropped points which affect our chances in staying in the top half of the table.
Its a great shame that Kemy was so unfit when he joined us,with our number of injuries he could have been an influential team member,while he has been getting back to match fitness we have dropped points which affect our chances in staying in the top half of the table. Falmer Wizard

9:57pm Thu 5 Dec 13

ringtone says...

I wonder how many unfit players Oscar is planning to sign, kemy Lita etc.

Maybe he will put a bid in for Van Persie now he`s on the sidelines.
I wonder how many unfit players Oscar is planning to sign, kemy Lita etc. Maybe he will put a bid in for Van Persie now he`s on the sidelines. ringtone

1:08am Fri 6 Dec 13

pablobrowno says...

Kemy is our new Vicente, in terms of his vision. He is the man who can split the defence with a pass. If fit and gets a run in side could be excellent.

Get behind him.
Kemy is our new Vicente, in terms of his vision. He is the man who can split the defence with a pass. If fit and gets a run in side could be excellent. Get behind him. pablobrowno

6:55am Fri 6 Dec 13

WestStander17 says...

pablobrowno wrote:
Kemy is our new Vicente, in terms of his vision. He is the man who can split the defence with a pass. If fit and gets a run in side could be excellent. Get behind him.
We do need a creative player in midfield and hopefully Kemy can be the man but, unfortunately, he is not in Vicente's league. That doesn't mean he isn't good enough to fire us to the top!
[quote][p][bold]pablobrowno[/bold] wrote: Kemy is our new Vicente, in terms of his vision. He is the man who can split the defence with a pass. If fit and gets a run in side could be excellent. Get behind him.[/p][/quote]We do need a creative player in midfield and hopefully Kemy can be the man but, unfortunately, he is not in Vicente's league. That doesn't mean he isn't good enough to fire us to the top! WestStander17

7:22am Fri 6 Dec 13

Ringmer Rich says...

Thought Kemy did OK, but no more than that. Ince would be my preferred choice alongside Bridcutt (if he hasn't moved on in January).
Thought Kemy did OK, but no more than that. Ince would be my preferred choice alongside Bridcutt (if he hasn't moved on in January). Ringmer Rich

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree