Crofts on yellow card alert

The Argus: Andrew Crofts is one booking away from a ban Andrew Crofts is one booking away from a ban

Andrew Crofts is treading a disciplinary tightrope which could wreck his long run of games for Albion.

The Wales international midfielder picked up his fourth booking of the season in last Saturday’s 3-1 home win over Leicester.

Crofts, cautioned for a second-half challenge on Foxes centre-half Wes Morgan, is one more yellow card away from a ban.

He will be suspended for one match if he is booked in any of the next four games against Middlesbrough tomorrow, Huddersfield a week later or Charlton and Blackpool over Christmas.

Crofts has been an influential figure in the Albion engine room this season.

He has contributed five goals, a tally bettered only by Ashley Barnes, and has started 18 of Albion’s 19 Championship outings under Oscar Garcia.

Inigo Calderon, Albion’s versatile full-back, also remains a caution away from automatic suspension.

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:24am Fri 13 Dec 13

Baldseagull says...

Naylor keeps feeding sensitive information to the other side Vegas, you will have to take him out, his fifth columnist activities must be halted.
Naylor keeps feeding sensitive information to the other side Vegas, you will have to take him out, his fifth columnist activities must be halted. Baldseagull

8:50am Fri 13 Dec 13

Clean Sheet says...

This is a statement of the obvious, indicating no real news other than Ulloa. An update on CMS would be greatly appreciated instead please.
This is a statement of the obvious, indicating no real news other than Ulloa. An update on CMS would be greatly appreciated instead please. Clean Sheet

9:12am Fri 13 Dec 13

tug509 says...

Crofty has, as we all know been playing brilliantly,with 3 away games and only 1 home game (Huddersfield) left in December i would sugest ,if he is going to get another yellow,tomorrow is the time to get it ! ,and miss the home tie,and not one of the 3 tough away games . UTA
Crofty has, as we all know been playing brilliantly,with 3 away games and only 1 home game (Huddersfield) left in December i would sugest ,if he is going to get another yellow,tomorrow is the time to get it ! ,and miss the home tie,and not one of the 3 tough away games . UTA tug509

11:44am Fri 13 Dec 13

Chi Gull says...

Yes come on Argus... we need an update on CMS every day at the very least !!
Yes come on Argus... we need an update on CMS every day at the very least !! Chi Gull

12:05pm Fri 13 Dec 13

Weploughandmow says...

Must it be such a melodrama every time a player gets four bookings? Suspensions for this reason happen in every season, especially to any midfielder or defender worth their salt. By all means keep us informed of the number of yellows a player has received - and an update on injuries is always helpful news - but please drop the "walking a disciplinary tightrope" sensationalism, it's tiresome journalism at best.
Must it be such a melodrama every time a player gets four bookings? Suspensions for this reason happen in every season, especially to any midfielder or defender worth their salt. By all means keep us informed of the number of yellows a player has received - and an update on injuries is always helpful news - but please drop the "walking a disciplinary tightrope" sensationalism, it's tiresome journalism at best. Weploughandmow

12:39pm Fri 13 Dec 13

VegasSeagull says...

tug509 wrote:
Crofty has, as we all know been playing brilliantly,with 3 away games and only 1 home game (Huddersfield) left in December i would sugest ,if he is going to get another yellow,tomorrow is the time to get it ! ,and miss the home tie,and not one of the 3 tough away games . UTA
In light of what we have been hearing about match fixing and spot betting, I really hope that Crofts does not pick up a yellow tomorrow, mainly because as you point out, it would suit our purposes if he did.
It would be very easy to place a bet on a Crofts yellow card tomorrow, just as easy as it was to bet on Bruno picking up his last card, and that ban worked out quite well for us too.
I don't want to see any Brighton player doing anything that might leave his actins open to question, keep it clean and keep it honest. Now it might be that Crofts does get a yellow card but of he does, then I just hope that the reason is one that is acceptable when looked at by others.
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: Crofty has, as we all know been playing brilliantly,with 3 away games and only 1 home game (Huddersfield) left in December i would sugest ,if he is going to get another yellow,tomorrow is the time to get it ! ,and miss the home tie,and not one of the 3 tough away games . UTA[/p][/quote]In light of what we have been hearing about match fixing and spot betting, I really hope that Crofts does not pick up a yellow tomorrow, mainly because as you point out, it would suit our purposes if he did. It would be very easy to place a bet on a Crofts yellow card tomorrow, just as easy as it was to bet on Bruno picking up his last card, and that ban worked out quite well for us too. I don't want to see any Brighton player doing anything that might leave his actins open to question, keep it clean and keep it honest. Now it might be that Crofts does get a yellow card but of he does, then I just hope that the reason is one that is acceptable when looked at by others. VegasSeagull

1:07pm Fri 13 Dec 13

tug509 says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
tug509 wrote:
Crofty has, as we all know been playing brilliantly,with 3 away games and only 1 home game (Huddersfield) left in December i would sugest ,if he is going to get another yellow,tomorrow is the time to get it ! ,and miss the home tie,and not one of the 3 tough away games . UTA
In light of what we have been hearing about match fixing and spot betting, I really hope that Crofts does not pick up a yellow tomorrow, mainly because as you point out, it would suit our purposes if he did.
It would be very easy to place a bet on a Crofts yellow card tomorrow, just as easy as it was to bet on Bruno picking up his last card, and that ban worked out quite well for us too.
I don't want to see any Brighton player doing anything that might leave his actins open to question, keep it clean and keep it honest. Now it might be that Crofts does get a yellow card but of he does, then I just hope that the reason is one that is acceptable when looked at by others.
Good point Vegas,isn`t it great what a few @rseholes can do to ruin our Beautiful game,i hope the FA gives them life bans if and when proven. UTA
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: Crofty has, as we all know been playing brilliantly,with 3 away games and only 1 home game (Huddersfield) left in December i would sugest ,if he is going to get another yellow,tomorrow is the time to get it ! ,and miss the home tie,and not one of the 3 tough away games . UTA[/p][/quote]In light of what we have been hearing about match fixing and spot betting, I really hope that Crofts does not pick up a yellow tomorrow, mainly because as you point out, it would suit our purposes if he did. It would be very easy to place a bet on a Crofts yellow card tomorrow, just as easy as it was to bet on Bruno picking up his last card, and that ban worked out quite well for us too. I don't want to see any Brighton player doing anything that might leave his actins open to question, keep it clean and keep it honest. Now it might be that Crofts does get a yellow card but of he does, then I just hope that the reason is one that is acceptable when looked at by others.[/p][/quote]Good point Vegas,isn`t it great what a few @rseholes can do to ruin our Beautiful game,i hope the FA gives them life bans if and when proven. UTA tug509

1:23pm Fri 13 Dec 13

VegasSeagull says...

tug509 wrote:
VegasSeagull wrote:
tug509 wrote:
Crofty has, as we all know been playing brilliantly,with 3 away games and only 1 home game (Huddersfield) left in December i would sugest ,if he is going to get another yellow,tomorrow is the time to get it ! ,and miss the home tie,and not one of the 3 tough away games . UTA
In light of what we have been hearing about match fixing and spot betting, I really hope that Crofts does not pick up a yellow tomorrow, mainly because as you point out, it would suit our purposes if he did.
It would be very easy to place a bet on a Crofts yellow card tomorrow, just as easy as it was to bet on Bruno picking up his last card, and that ban worked out quite well for us too.
I don't want to see any Brighton player doing anything that might leave his actins open to question, keep it clean and keep it honest. Now it might be that Crofts does get a yellow card but of he does, then I just hope that the reason is one that is acceptable when looked at by others.
Good point Vegas,isn`t it great what a few @rseholes can do to ruin our Beautiful game,i hope the FA gives them life bans if and when proven. UTA
I think prison could, and should, be on the cards for all those involved, and yes a life ban also. Tug the only way to stop some of the cheating is to stop some of the betting, do away with yellow or red card bets.
Here in Vegas there are no pro sports other than Naz-Car racing, and that's only once a year for two days. The governing bodies of the three major sports, football, basket ball and baseball, have all shied away from locating here due to the possibility of betting scams. There have been attempts to bring one or the other here but every attempt fails.
There isn't a city in this world that has more stringent betting oversight than Las Vegas, and if the sports bodies are of the opinion that this city could not control the, 'fixers,' then I doubt any city can.

As you say Tug, it only takes a few.
[quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tug509[/bold] wrote: Crofty has, as we all know been playing brilliantly,with 3 away games and only 1 home game (Huddersfield) left in December i would sugest ,if he is going to get another yellow,tomorrow is the time to get it ! ,and miss the home tie,and not one of the 3 tough away games . UTA[/p][/quote]In light of what we have been hearing about match fixing and spot betting, I really hope that Crofts does not pick up a yellow tomorrow, mainly because as you point out, it would suit our purposes if he did. It would be very easy to place a bet on a Crofts yellow card tomorrow, just as easy as it was to bet on Bruno picking up his last card, and that ban worked out quite well for us too. I don't want to see any Brighton player doing anything that might leave his actins open to question, keep it clean and keep it honest. Now it might be that Crofts does get a yellow card but of he does, then I just hope that the reason is one that is acceptable when looked at by others.[/p][/quote]Good point Vegas,isn`t it great what a few @rseholes can do to ruin our Beautiful game,i hope the FA gives them life bans if and when proven. UTA[/p][/quote]I think prison could, and should, be on the cards for all those involved, and yes a life ban also. Tug the only way to stop some of the cheating is to stop some of the betting, do away with yellow or red card bets. Here in Vegas there are no pro sports other than Naz-Car racing, and that's only once a year for two days. The governing bodies of the three major sports, football, basket ball and baseball, have all shied away from locating here due to the possibility of betting scams. There have been attempts to bring one or the other here but every attempt fails. There isn't a city in this world that has more stringent betting oversight than Las Vegas, and if the sports bodies are of the opinion that this city could not control the, 'fixers,' then I doubt any city can. As you say Tug, it only takes a few. VegasSeagull

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree